Thread: Infantilism to Incontinence is a Good Thing: A Dumb Assumption

Default Infantilism to Incontinence is a Good Thing: A Dumb Assumption

I suppose that everyobdy in this forum saw the clip of AB on the Tyra Banks show. If not, this woman went on the talk show and talked a little (nothing that would prove useful in informing the public at large) about infantilism. Closing the interview, Banks said that as people get older, they often become incontinent and should that happen to the guest, it would be a good thing. I disagree about that being a good thing. I found the remark to be somewhat ignorant, but knowing how much time the public spends considering the issues of incontinence, adult diapers, and infantilism, I wasn't offended. The guest did not have a chance to reply.

Anyway, I've heard this same remark in many places. I've also heard, and understand, the argument that 24/7 is a burden that takes the fun out of diapers. I'm sure they're right (though I bet there are some whose experience is otherwise). And I know of a good many who were incontinent and then found a love of diapers. But I was wondering if there is anyone here who went from being an *BDL to being incontinent (and not in the sense that wearing frequently leaves people less able to control themselves through conditioning; I mean bonafide, medical incontinence). I'm curious how prevalent such a transition is, and whether people who have been through it find that their experience is similar to those who find 24/7 a burden or those who manage to find a love of something they need. Personally, I would find it awful, but I suppose, like everything else, I'd get used to it. B/ut I do suspect that I would diapers a burden from then on, or at least not nearly so fun as they are now.

I posted this here because I am interested in the experience of infantilists, but feel free to move it to the Incontinence Board should you find i appropriate.

I guess if you went from 100% continent to 100% incontinent instantly, your life would seem a living hell if you weren't prepared with prior experience.

To the best of my knowledge, I was potty trained at 3.5, and didn't wet the bed. From as young as I can remember, I always wanted to wear diapers. The desire never went away growing up. I also remember I always had to pee all the time. I had very few accidents during my childhood and my guilt and shame of my 'fetish' grew in my teen years. I started wearing for pleasure on and off during this time, once every few weeks. When I was about 16 or 17 I started to have trouble holding it till I got to the bathroom. After rationalizing with myself, I began wearing diapers all the time just because I couldn't trust my bladder and my fondness of diapers was getting out of control.
    As my incontinence got worse, so did my guilt and I was blaming myself for having this sick fetish. I was going through a very bad time emotionally and was even cutting myself.
    Years later, I accepted my desire and my situation and the guilt wore off.
    Here I am today in diapers with urge incontinence, still desire them even though I can't get a break from them.
    I guess having 'grown into' diapers made it easier, but the guilt was the worst part.

If I had to wear diapers all the time for need I think i would be able to handle it better then a non *B/DL would, however it would still remove a lot of the fun. Sometimes it is nice not to take the time to do a proper diaper change. Going to the bathroom is actually faster.

Anyways I can think of worse stuff to happen then needing diapers such as losing a hand or a leg. If I had to make a sacrifice it will just be the ability to hold you know what.

Also in Tyra Banks defense she most likely doesn't know anything about this stuff other then what she is told, so of course she would sound ignorant about it. Anyways I think she is just the host, the producers most likely pick the topics/shows content.

Well, I think I fit the category that you are talking about. I was an AB/DL for many years before I became incontinent due to my back problems and the surgeries I've had to try to correct them. I'm both bladder and bowel incontinent, and yes, it does take the "fun" out of wearing them. Don't get me wrong, I still like the feeling of wearing them, but it sucks to "have" to do it, especially when I've got a messy one to clean up after.
    I've been in this situation now for almost 6 years, and I'm used to it now. I don't let it bother me anymore, unless I happen to have a BM in a very public place, and I can't find a restroom that I can change in comfortably. Barring that, it's not too bad. I think the reason I'm ok with it is only because I was an AB/DL though. If I hadn't been, it would have almost certainly caused me some depression or anxiety at the least.

Was this the type of information you were looking for Harris?

I think, if she knew how much she upset some of the *B/DLs with that remark, she would feel aweful.

I don't have anything else to say...

Eh. Most talk show hosts are ignorant about much of the more obscure things they talk about. I went from watching Tyra Banks almost every time it was on, to not watching pretty much ever, after I realized from certain episodes she was pretty much a complete idiot (at least, in my opinion.).
    And don't even get me started on things like Jerry Springer and Steve Wilcos and Maury and the like.
    Last edited by adaffme149; 23-Feb-2009 at 03:02.

same here, i think if i just suddenly became incontinent it would be cool for the first few weeks-or days. after that, i would not want it. at the same time, in my opinion, i find diapers to be a lesser burden than a catheter. i dont know much about it, but i think it would hurt- probably worse than if you had diabetes and you had to insulate yourself or test your blood sugar. at any rate, i could probably handle urinary incontinence but definitely not fecal.

Quote Originally Posted by WoXxY View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, I was potty trained at 3.5, and didn't wet the bed. From as young as I can remember, I always wanted to wear diapers. The desire never went away growing up. I also remember I always had to pee all the time. I had very few accidents during my childhood and my guilt and shame of my 'fetish' grew in my teen years. I started wearing for pleasure on and off during this time, once every few weeks. When I was about 16 or 17 I started to have trouble holding it till I got to the bathroom. After rationalizing with myself, I began wearing diapers all the time just because I couldn't trust my bladder and my fondness of diapers was getting out of control.
    As my incontinence got worse, so did my guilt and I was blaming myself for having this sick fetish. I was going through a very bad time emotionally and was even cutting myself.
    Years later, I accepted my desire and my situation and the guilt wore off.
    Here I am today in diapers with urge incontinence, still desire them even though I can't get a break from them.
    I guess having 'grown into' diapers made it easier, but the guilt was the worst part.
    This sounds sorta similar to my situation. When I was very young, I badly wanted to go back to wearing diapers due to accidents and having to go all the time (bladder and bowel). I also had occasional night terrors and bedwetting. My guilt was laid on me by my parents who said "diapers were for babies" and so they would not let me wear them. Some of the worst accidents occured when I messed my pants in school. Talk about shame. I got really good at hiding my accidents and hiding my desire to wear diapers. Drinking and smoking pot in high school and college pretty much took away my tenuous control. Add to that a diagnosis of panic disorder, overactive bladder and irritable bowel syndrome and before I had graduated from college, I was an absolute mess. I took a long time, but after college, I eventually accepted that wearing diapers was not so bad. Diapers are my underwear that help me manage my suite of medical problems, but if I'm in the right mood, they also make me feel babyish and have the properties of a fetish. I could think of worse situations.
    Spaz