Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: baby powder

Default baby powder

I think I forgot to put baby powder on because I am sitting here in the library (by myself...not being voyeuristic) but I just feel like I smell dirty diaper. maybe my pee is just toxic but I think I forgot the baby pow

anybody have experience in this going with out powder if its usually smellier or not?

WearingClouds

For some reason every time I wear Abena abri flex I tend to have a weird smell. I can't really explain it, but I only have it with those particular diapers. It's like it doesn't control odor well, haha

I don't think powder makes any difference. I usually put on a good amount of powder though. I use corn starch between the legs and talc between my hips and sides of my diaper. I get mad pimples on my hips from my sweat if I don't keep that "unpadded plastic" on the sides well powdered and ventillated.

Powder isn't for keeping the stench away, silly! Powder is for preventing diaper rash.

Trix aren't for rabbits, silly. Oh, I guess they would be on this site.

I wear cloth diapers and they always smell after awhile. When I go to bed, I'll wear a Goodnite under my cloth diaper and plastic pants because they control odor very well. The point is that some brands of disposables handle odor well, and some don't. Abena from what the members here have said, don't control odor well.

Well about the only advice I can give about baby powder or thing to inform people about is this. Talcum powder if inhaled (if you have smelled talcum powder at all in your life then you have inhaled it) can cause lung cancer. that's why I use cornstarch exclusively. That being said baby powder is used to help prevent diaper rash. Some baby powders do have perfumes in them that can control odor but those perfumes are most likely to cause rashes themselves making the powder less effective at it's primary job. Perfume does in fact help you not smell like mud butt and does not stop the powder from doing it's primary job. Perfume only makes powder less effective which can be justifiable to use baby powder with perfume to help deal with that.

Quote Originally Posted by accepted View Post
    Well about the only advice I can give about baby powder or thing to inform people about is this. Talcum powder if inhaled (if you have smelled talcum powder at all in your life then you have inhaled it) can cause lung cancer. that's why I use cornstarch exclusively. That being said baby powder is used to help prevent diaper rash. Some baby powders do have perfumes in them that can control odor but those perfumes are most likely to cause rashes themselves making the powder less effective at it's primary job. Perfume does in fact help you not smell like mud butt and does not stop the powder from doing it's primary job. Perfume only makes powder less effective which can be justifiable to use baby powder with perfume to help deal with that.
    that must be like a extreme case in which you have inhaled a lot of talcum powder in your life.......maybe a cocaine user who has unbeknownst been snorting baby powder for life!

cant be afraid of everything in life though. i am okay with baby powder...i like the classic scent. be curious to try out pure corn starch thogh. which do you find makes the diaper feel smother and less friction?
    thats mainly why i uses to powder and to moisturize the skin

Powder is there to prevent diaper rash, not cover any odor smells. It can make you smell nice but the raunchy odors will bypass the powder. You can have a smelled pamper or an odor lock pamper so you wouldn't notice the smells.

Quote Originally Posted by wannabewallstreet View Post
    that must be like a extreme case in which you have inhaled a lot of talcum powder in your life.......maybe a cocaine user who has unbeknownst been snorting baby powder for life!

cant be afraid of everything in life though. i am okay with baby powder...i like the classic scent. be curious to try out pure corn starch thogh. which do you find makes the diaper feel smother and less friction?
    Actually no that is not an extreme case at all. You see talcum powder was banned from most indoor rock walls and gyms to help people deal with chaffing.(if you don't believe me call one and find out.) You just need to smell the perfume for a few years and depending on whether or not your genetic predisposition is you can easily get cancer actually. By the way I am not afraid actually because I have mental health issues that stem from fates that where worse then death that I have already happened for me and now are only a thing of my past. I was saying this because I still have a conscious and don't want people to get sick that's all. It's up to each individual if they want to inhale that carcinogen if they want to of course.

I use cornstarch at the recommendation of my doctor who told me this and I have never used talcum powder except once when I first started dealing with IC issues. If there was a difference between talcum or cornstarch I would have forgotten about it months ago actually so I have no clue what makes less friction though I can say I have never had a diaper rash before. ( I never got much of a chance to wear regularly that much over the years until I came here almost a year ago to the day actually) My IC issues started in late January of this year. that being said I use petroleum jelly as well as cornstarch and that seems to be highly effective because I never even felt irritated in my diaper area before much less have a rash there despite my skin issues.

Quote Originally Posted by wannabewallstreet View Post

The risks, if any, seem pretty small: http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancerc...der-and-cancer