Thread: how or if i should tell my mom about my little side?

Default how or if i should tell my mom about my little side?

well I now have my house to myself since my wife left. I started to make the spare room into a nursery/play room a while back and have kept a locking doorknob on the door but my mother wants to help me by cleaning the house up and come back weekly to continue keeping it clean (she has a house cleaning business and wants to do something nice for me) with her and her two other workers. I have never told her about this other then telling her I was making the spare room into a place for me to go to relax, and I know if she sees its locked she would ask why and what's in there.
    I don't know if I should tell her or not? I would feel better if I told her just incase I accidently leave something out in my room or something, I don't plan on ever letting her see the room but I feel like it would be easier to explain now then if she finds something I left out and asks me about it.
    I don't know how to explain something like this to her, im afraid she will look at me differently.

You might try a vague approach. Tell her you keep it locked exhaust when you said it was a place to relax, you meant something a bit unusual that you would feel weird if she and her crew entered. If she presses, you could even say you have a fetish, but aren't really comfortable talking about your turn ons with your mother.

We all have trouble picturing our own parents as sexual beings, but I'd bet most knkw more than we kids ever think they do about sexual practices. Everybody was going once. Most moms, I think, wouldn't be all that interested in their adult child's unusual sexual proclivities beyond making sure you're not harming yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Cut the cord; clean your own house.
    Whilst I'd usually agree with this, it seems like Wyatt is accepting his Mom's offer to clean as it would seem rude to turn down that offer, especially as refusing might suggest that he doesn't rate/respect her ability to do what is essentially her job, to a good standard.

Anyway, I don't think you need to be specific about it being an AB room, or even specify that you use the room for any kind of unconventional behaviours/activities. Just tell her that there's certain things in there which you wish to keep private. Explain that the room contains something personal to you, which you feel more comfortable being discrete about.

I certainly wouldn't tell her that the room contains something you want to keep hidden. That kind of approach would be enough to make even the most relaxed parent suspicious.

Whether or not to tell your parents about ABDL seems to be quite a divisive issue on ADISC. I think it depends on how much stress withholding the information causes you to have, and how open-minded and liberal your folks are. I certainly don't feel this is a situation where you're backed into a corner over telling your Mom about your ABDL tendencies. As I've said above, there are ways to explain why you want to keep the room locked, without disclosing what's in the room itself.

Quote Originally Posted by SirNapsALot View Post
    Whilst I'd usually agree with this, it seems like Wyatt is accepting his Mom's offer to clean as it would seem rude to turn down that offer, especially as refusing might suggest that he doesn't rate/respect her ability to do what is essentially her job, to a good standard.

Anyway, I don't think you need to be specific about it being an AB room, or even specify that you use the room for any kind of unconventional behaviours/activities. Just tell her that there's certain things in there which you wish to keep private. Explain that the room contains something personal to you, which you feel more comfortable being discrete about.

I certainly wouldn't tell her that the room contains something you want to keep hidden. That kind of approach would be enough to make even the most relaxed parent suspicious.

Whether or not to tell your parents about ABDL seems to be quite a divisive issue on ADISC. I think it depends on how much stress withholding the information causes you to have, and how open-minded and liberal your folks are. I certainly don't feel this is a situation where you're backed into a corner over telling your Mom about your ABDL tendencies. As I've said above, there are ways to explain why you want to keep the room locked, without disclosing what's in the room itself.
    I understand that and I think it's a poor idea regardless. Even if I wasn't an ABDL, I wouldn't want my mother or even my mother's business cleaning my house. It takes what should be a simple business arrangement and makes it about family relations. Helping to clean up as a favor, mutually agreed upon, dandy. Having an ongoing parental presence in my house when they don't live there, no thanks. My original advice is still the best I can give and his mother should understand if he wants some reasonable distance as an adult.

Id just tell her that your letting a freind use the room for storage while they are out of town and that they have eletroinics in there

I understand that and I think it's a poor idea regardless. Even if I wasn't an ABDL, I wouldn't want my mother or even my mother's business cleaning my house. It takes what should be a simple business arrangement and makes it about family relations. Helping to clean up as a favor, mutually agreed upon, dandy. Having an ongoing parental presence in my house when they don't live there, no thanks. My original advice is still the best I can give and his mother should understand if he wants some reasonable distance as an adult.
    I understand most of us wouldn't want a parent thumbing through our rooms and possessions (not just adults, I'm sure most kids feel this way), but I think family relationships are about more than just being pragmatic. I'd feel bad bluntly refusing an offer for help, and it's not like Wyatt's Mom would necessarily understand why he was adamant about not wanting the room cleaned, unless he explained that it was an ABDL space (which we both agree is a bad idea).

I do agree with you in part, Trevor. I think it's natural to want reasonable distance from one's parents - that's a feeling which virtually everyone experiences. That said, I just think there's a difference between wanting that space, and pushing for that space in a way which might appear rude or ungrateful (I'm not saying it is, but asking for 'reasonable distance' in response to what appears a kind gesture on his Mom's part might be received as rude by her).

Anyway, whatever course of action you choose, Wyatt, I hope this situation resolves itself in a stress-free manner.

When I have family coming over and staying the night, usually our own kids, I bag up my stuff and keep it out of sight. It's really the easiest solution. This situation is a little different. If you still want to maintain that room and have your mom clean the house, then lock the door and simply say the room is being used as a storage room. If she can't accept that, then don't accept the cleaning offer.

Thanks everyone. I think im just going to tell her the room is my own private space where I can relax and she's just going to have to live with that answer. Id rather not have people in my house when im not home, I just don't like the idea even if it is family. She just insisted on cleaning my house for me and I didn't want to upset her and say no because she seemed so happy and excited that she came up with the idea to help me. I hope she can live with that answer and not push to try to find out what's in there.

Cut the cord; clean your own house.
    The same I say myself. And one question - why you need to tell you to your mom ? When I was discovered/confronted, I'm pretty sure it was big deception for her and it destroyed our family relation.