Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My van caught fire today !

Default My van caught fire today !

Hi fellow padded ones i had a luky escape today my van caught fire and is now gutted in the cab area and engine bay
    The back is badly smoke damaged

Glad you got okay. The van can be replaced, you can't.

My sympathies, and congrats on escaping unhurt. Given the flammability of gasoline combined with the high voltage etc. present in motor vehicles, I'm surprised this doesn't happen a lot more often than it does. I guess that's a tribute to automotive manufacturing and engineering, as much as we all complain about them from time to time.

Damn! I'm glad you're ok! Kinda makes my recent automotive issues pale by comparison. Any idea what caused it? Will insurance take care of you at least?

Quote Originally Posted by parcelboy2 View Post
    Hi fellow padded ones i had a luky escape today my van caught fire and is now gutted in the cab area and engine bay
    The back is badly smoke damaged
    I'm so overjoyed your ok, I hope you find out the mystery to this puzzle :')

I am glad you are okay too hope all works out for you sorry to read you lost the van.

Dayum...just spotted this. I hope you were padded, cause that would have all been too much for me. Seriously, not a nice experience...hope you're ok.

Ouch. Know someone whose vehicle did that. Kind of scary. Hope you didn't lose too much in the way of belongings, other than the van itself.

Quote Originally Posted by NovaDL View Post
    Ouch. Know someone whose vehicle did that. Kind of scary. Hope you didn't lose too much in the way of belongings, other than the van itself.
    No I didn't as I had a little time to grab satnav and bag