Thread: noticing AB tendencies in "normal" people

Default noticing AB tendencies in "normal" people

I did a search and didn't find a thread that already contained what I want to talk about, but if there is one already, please feel free to move this post there. Some background first; when I was around five, my father got re-married to a wonderful lady who has since been my step-mother. We have a very good relationship. I also have a good relationship with my birth mother, so I consider myself lucky to have two good moms. Anyway my step-mom has some interesting tendencies toward play-acting babyish behavior. It's not something that I have seen recently, but I remember seeing it on a pretty regular basis when I was a kid. Pretty often, she and my sister and I would play "house" or something like that. She always wanted to be the "baby" she would drink from a fake bottle and snuggle, and crawl around and do baby talk and stuff. I really think it was very innocent play, and its not something that would be viewed as weird, particularly since she is female. This was not just a one-time thing. I saw it happen pretty regularly. Whenever she played Baby, she seemed to really want to be a baby again. I seriously doubt that she has any knowledge of the existence of the AB/DL community, if she did, I don't think she would have been so uninhibited about playing baby around children, but I think she certainly has some of the predispositions that lead people toward being AB. I know a bad childhood is not a requirement for being AB, but I think it can sometimes be a trigger. It was for me to a certain extent. I know she had a very abusive childhood and had to start caring for her younger brother at an early age. I can imagine that there may be a part of her that wants to return to the carefree times of babyhood, something many of us can relate to. I have no particular interest in discussing my parent's intimate/ sexual interactions, but I can't help but wonder if a care taker/ AB relationship between her and my father, my be therapeutic as she deals with the problems brought on by her abusive childhood. I guess I will never know. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this kind of thing in people who they know probably don't have knowledge of the AB/DL community?

WearingClouds

Interesting topic indeed. It sounds like your step-mom does have some ab tendencies. Do you think she would go as far as to wear diapers?

For me, my mom always bought me stuffed animals. I didn't even have to ask her to go to the toy store. She loved looking at the fluffies and always got me a different one. From birth to now (I'm 24) I still have a bunch of Care Bears and other stuffies in my room. When she found out about my ABDL side she was so confused and upset. In a way though, whether she aknowledges it or not, she contributed lol.

My point I'm trying to make is that I was so surprised when she looked down upon me for being an ABDL. If anything, I thought she would be supportive and maybe even think it was kinda cute. Guess not... Haha

There's this one woman I used to work with who was extremely childish.
    She'd say things like 'otay' instead of okay, she would mention wanting to make a blanket fort at least once a week(we worked in laundry at a hotel), I know for a fact that she's into bdsm, and one time a unicorn beanie baby came down the laundry shoot, and she immediately started cuddling it.

I still wonder if she's a little or not...
    I don't think she would have understood what I was asking if I ever mentioned it. She mentioned some bdsm stories she got at a bookstore which introduced her to it, and how her husband would probably think she was crazy if she ever told him about that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by WearingClouds View Post
    Interesting topic indeed. It sounds like your step-mom does have some ab tendencies. Do you think she would go as far as to wear diapers?
    For me, my mom always bought me stuffed animals. I didn't even have to ask her to go to the toy store. She loved looking at the fluffies and always got me a different one. From birth to now (I'm 24) I still have a bunch of Care Bears and other stuffies in my room. When she found out about my ABDL side she was so confused and upset. In a way though, whether she aknowledges it or not, she contributed lol.

My point I'm trying to make is that I was so surprised when she looked down upon me for being an ABDL. If anything, I thought she would be supportive and maybe even think it was kinda cute. Guess not... Haha
    I don't know if she would ever want to wear diapers or not, honestly I wouldn't want to know about it anymore than I would want her to know about my diaper wearing. For me, that doesn't need to be part of our relationship. I hope your Mom is able to accept and love you for who you are, and that you can find ways to communicate clearly with her and help her understand things from your perspective. She may not be very supportive now, but people's viewpoints can change drastically through time and learning. Good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyTyrant View Post
    There's this one woman I used to work with who was extremely childish.
    She'd say things like 'otay' instead of okay, she would mention wanting to make a blanket fort at least once a week(we worked in laundry at a hotel), I know for a fact that she's into bdsm, and one time a unicorn beanie baby came down the laundry shoot, and she immediately started cuddling it.

I still wonder if she's a little or not...
    I don't think she would have understood what I was asking if I ever mentioned it. She mentioned some bdsm stories she got at a bookstore which introduced her to it, and how her husband would probably think she was crazy if she ever told him about that stuff.
    Well, if she was already into BDSM somewhat, maybe she did bring it up with her husband. I guess I hope that she did, and they got some real enjoyment out of it together I think these kind of tendencies might be more widespread than lot's of people would think.
    Last edited by bean; 07-Oct-2014 at 05:43. Reason: messed up the quotes