Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Board Books

Default Board Books

I know there's different types of books made for babies/littles, but I absolutely love board books. I love the thick cardboard pages, the babyish illustrations, and some of them are just really lovely stories. Some even have different textures in, so you can feel all little and excitable touching the different materials.

The fact they're cardboard also means they can be cleaned off if you read them whilst eating messily!

So, any other board book fans? Here are a few of my favourites.

That's Not My Duck... (or any of the adorable 'That's Not My...' series)
    Sweet Dreams, Roo (A lovely Winnie the Pooh tale)
    Wake Up Igglepiggle (Featuring the characters from my absolute favourite little show, In the Night Garden).

Quote Originally Posted by SirNapsALot View Post
    Sweet Dreams, Roo (A lovely Winnie the Pooh tale)
    I'd probably enjoy that.

I don't have any cardboard books, but I do have some disney kids books and one of those fancy gold edge compilations of stories from disney. I don't read them much, but when i want to regress and do something different than watch netflix, it is usually the books that come out.

I don't have any favorites. I can't even tell you the names of any books. My sister has a bunch of these 'little' books for the grandchildren and I do enjoy reading them on occasion.

I worked in retail for 9 months (only stopped because of school) and usually worked the front end and eventually the register. Right in my view every day was a shelf of children's books. If the store was empty, I'd try to see how many I could read before I got caught.

I once read a fussy toddler "Where the Wild Things Are" as her parents waited in line since they couldn't seem to calm her down. She begged them for the book afterwards. Her dad said he was surprised since he'd never read it. That surprised me since it's been a staple ever since people decided there was no reason to ban it in the early 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    I'd probably enjoy that.

I don't have any cardboard books, but I do have some disney kids books and one of those fancy gold edge compilations of stories from disney. I don't read them much, but when i want to regress and do something different than watch netflix, it is usually the books that come out.
    The only Disney books I have are a couple of colouring books (which are ace), but no actual Disney storybooks. Are there any compilations you'd especially recommend, Tyger?

Quote Originally Posted by SirNapsALot View Post
    The only Disney books I have are a couple of colouring books (which are ace), but no actual Disney storybooks. Are there any compilations you'd especially recommend, Tyger?
    Well if you go to the walmart books section there are a few little kids books that tell the stories of the disney movies like lion king and robinhood, those are all soft cover and fairly cheap, I like them. I also bought the "Disney Bedtime Favorites" which i mostly love the lion king, peter pan, and stitch stories. The book is hardcover and I don't remember how much it costs, but I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    Well if you go to the walmart books section there are a few little kids books that tell the stories of the disney movies like lion king and robinhood, those are all soft cover and fairly cheap, I like them. I also bought the "Disney Bedtime Favorites" which i mostly love the lion king, peter pan, and stitch stories. The book is hardcover and I don't remember how much it costs, but I like it.
    We don't have Walmart here, but I'll definitely check at our equivalents (Tesco etc.), and hopefully have some luck. 'Disney Bedtime Favourites' is on Amazon at a reasonable price, so I might well get that. Thanks for the recommendations, Tyger.

Whilst I'm posting this, Dear Zoo by Rod Campbell is a great board book I forgot to mention in the original post. I actually had a copy when I was a toddler, and have always loved the story. Plus, reading it is a great excuse to make lots of noisy animal sounds without feeling the slightest bit self-conscious.

Just discovered some new (well, new to me) board books. They're a series by Leslie Patricelli which follow an adorable bald baby through his discoveries about different things in life. They're quite humorous and aimed at toddlers. There's even one called Toot, which is about the fact that everyone farts - this is definitely my kind of book! Has anyone else read any of these? I've also had a peek at her book Huggy Kissy, which is a lovely little story for cuddly and affectionate ABs/Littles.

The thrift stores are a great place to get them cheep too.:-)