Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do you enjoy being an adult baby or little?

Default Why do you enjoy being an adult baby or little?

This is a question I've asked myself for over 15 years and until tonight, I finally got my answer, as it came to me without even thinking about it.

"Ignorance is Bliss" both figuratively and literally.

I enjoy being little because I hate being an adult even thou I get yelled at by my own "mother" for acting immature. "Your 19, yada yada yada, you need to prep yourself for the real world" I just ignore her and do my thing. I don't sas my Mother in any way but it's also a sensation of getting everything out of my head when I act little.

I think there's quite a few reasons I enjoy it, but perhaps most of all, I feel like it's a relief from the stress of adult life. I have quite severe OCD and anxiety, but when I'm in baby mode, I can escape from feeling anxious and frustrated. I just feel incredibly calm and content when I'm in my little headspace, and I actually find it's helped me have a more measured demeanour, because I have an outlet for the times when my brain is racing at a million miles an hour and thinking up the worst possible scenario to every situation.

Also, on a simpler level, I just like babyish things, and I enjoy feeling cute and small, toddling round in my onesie and carrying my plushies around.

I enjoy it because it lets me escape all the adult stress temporarily and go back to before anything bad happened.
    Its strange how all my depression and stress just melts away and disappears while I'm in little mindset.

I'm mostly alone no hugs cuddles .
    So being a little I nurture my self that is all I have.
    It helps me make it one more day.

I enjoy it because it satiates my nostalgic desires. It puts me in that headspace where I can almost clearly remember childhood and the emotions associated with it. When those emotions and feelings arise, I remember how innocent I was and how bright, new and interesting everything was. And life seems like an adventure again, or just something pleasant and relaxing. Something carefree, imaginative and engaging. I can often find new experiences as an adult that I never thought possible as a kid when regarding travel and new experiences, but something about childhood makes everything seem bigger and more mysterious than before. Everything becomes a wonder to behold, and you can find amusement out of just about anything.

Of course that's the romantic AB version. The reality DL version is that it's just a cool feeling to be able to sit down on a video game for hours at a time and not have to get up to go to the bathroom. Lol.

When you're around kids you can be a little kid yourself and pretend that life is magic and you don't have to be one of those sweaty people going to work every day.
    Amy Winehouse

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...qEjWD9LCB46.99

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonybaby View Post
    This is a question I've asked myself for over 15 years and until tonight, I finally got my answer, as it came to me without even thinking about it.

"Ignorance is Bliss" both figuratively and literally.
    But no matter how much bliss we might get from acting little, we're still not ignorant of the knowledge and cognition of being a grown up. I can play with toy cars and blocks for hours while watching cartoons, but I'm still an adult and college graduate. We don't really mentally regress.

That said, should any of us ever have the horrific misfortune of developing dementia later in life (perish the thought), will we mentally decline faster than normal? I have an uncle who is in a nursing home while dying of Alzheimer's. When he first went into a home, my dad (my uncle's brother) bought him a little die cast red early 50s Dodge truck. It looked really similar to a red '53 F-150 truck my uncle owned in the late 70's and early 80s. He was really proud of it, and played with it like a little boy. I think of that sometimes when I'm playing with my toy cars.

Yeah, I apologize for the buzz kill.

It's really relaxing and it helps me relieve stress from time to time. I also find it really comfortable and I like to indulge in it and it's the best way for me to unwind.

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    I enjoy being little because I hate being an adult even thou I get yelled at by my own "mother" for acting immature. "Your 19, yada yada yada, you need to prep yourself for the real world" I just ignore her and do my thing. I don't sas my Mother in any way but it's also a sensation of getting everything out of my head when I act little.
    My mom used to say the same thing to me when I was in college. Even though technology has changed how we live, the basics never change. I think it was Socrates who was critical of the younger generation.

For me, I've always experienced these feelings of wanting to be "little" and in diapers. It's not so much that I seek certain feelings by wearing diapers, but rather, it sought me and more so, found me a willing and an accepting recipient.

That said, I usually want to be in diapers when I'm in a good or at least, better emotional state. Then I can enjoy regressing and being in that little place. Like others, it does make me feel better emotionally, and at peace. I enjoy those feelings that allow me to go back in time when at least my being was in a much more innocent space. I enjoyed playing with my toys, being with my parents, and experiencing a world that seemed safe and secure. There were no doubts that the dead went to heaven and everyone was taken care of.