Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: buying cloth diapers as a teen.

  1. #1

    Default buying cloth diapers as a teen.

    back during my teen years I had such a desire for diapers that I would tack the city bus,an go to public garage sale,yard sales.i have went to buy to from baby an childrens consignment stores.sometimes I would go to the Woolworth store an buy flannelette 27 x 27's I love those and curity 21x40's.

  2. #2

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by poobrat View Post
    back during my teen years I had such a desire for diapers that I would tack the city bus,an go to public garage sale,yard sales.i have went to buy to from baby an childrens consignment stores.sometimes I would go to the Woolworth store an buy flannelette 27 x 27's I love those and curity 21x40's.
    I started by buying cloth baby diapers. I could fit into Gerber toddler sized plastic pants as well. They used to sell both in grocery stores and pharmacies.

  3. #3

    Default

    You guys were braver than I. During my teens I improvised with bath towels. Still not up to buying in person, a couple years later I began ordering diapers & waterproof pants from Sears. At the time I thought I was the only one.

  4. #4

    Default

    "At the time I thought I was the only one. "

    I Think we have all been there. Being AB most of my life i thought that many times. Back in the 70s there was little access to information, and certainly no suppliers of AB stuff. I had Nappies (Diapers) made from bath towels and i managed to order some plastic pants from the classified adds in the sunday papers. But that was it!

  5. #5

    Default

    Hmmm... I don't know if I've talked about this before, but yes, I did buy some Dundee-brand Birdseye prefolds from a department store when I was 16 years old. It was a bit needless, as my parents still had all the old Curity prefolds from my babyhood, but I was curious. That said, the purchase was mostly a thing of opportunity. I was actually at the department store to buy myself a bra and panties. In my mid-teens, I had a brief flirtation with cross-dressing. Or perhaps cross-underwear-dressing would be a better term for it; it was an auto-erotic thing much like the diapers still are.

    I'd been buying Pampers and other baby disposables for myself for years, so it didn't take much nerve for me to do this. The real challenge was laundry. My mom often used the old Curity diapers for rags, so they were often found in the wash. Strange diapers and underwear would definitely have set off alarms, though! I can vaguely recall standing in front of the washer and dryer trying to decide what to do. I'd never used them myself before. It worked out in the end, but the opportunities to secretly do my own washes were so few and far between that I couldn't clean the Dundee diapers as often as they needed to be (I wasn't wetting/messing them, but ... yeah), and so I ended up tossing them. I liked the Curity and the Pampers better anyway.

    Amusingly, I ran across a brand-new package of the very same Dundee prefolds on eBay a short while ago. Didn't buy it, but it certainly brought back some memories.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    Hmmm... I don't know if I've talked about this before, but yes, I did buy some Dundee-brand Birdseye prefolds from a department store when I was 16 years old. It was a bit needless, as my parents still had all the old Curity prefolds from my babyhood, but I was curious. That said, the purchase was mostly a thing of opportunity. I was actually at the department store to buy myself a bra and panties. In my mid-teens, I had a brief flirtation with cross-dressing. Or perhaps cross-underwear-dressing would be a better term for it; it was an auto-erotic thing much like the diapers still are.

    I'd been buying Pampers and other baby disposables for myself for years, so it didn't take much nerve for me to do this. The real challenge was laundry. My mom often used the old Curity diapers for rags, so they were often found in the wash. Strange diapers and underwear would definitely have set off alarms, though! I can vaguely recall standing in front of the washer and dryer trying to decide what to do. I'd never used them myself before. It worked out in the end, but the opportunities to secretly do my own washes were so few and far between that I couldn't clean the Dundee diapers as often as they needed to be (I wasn't wetting/messing them, but ... yeah), and so I ended up tossing them. I liked the Curity and the Pampers better anyway.

    Amusingly, I ran across a brand-new package of the very same Dundee prefolds on eBay a short while ago. Didn't buy it, but it certainly brought back some memories.
    Your secretly using the washer and dryer brings back memories. During my teens when home alone I’d “accidentally” wet whatever (pants, makeshift diapers, even bed), wallow in my shame till satisfied and frantically cleanup. Problem was I never knew for sure when my parents would come home. So, with washer/dryer humming in the background, I’d stand by a window and watch. It generally worked out, but more than once I had to unload and quickly hide my half-laundered stuff.

    Over and over I promised myself never again. The compulsion was overwhelming, I could not stop. Thought I was crazy.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by WBxx View Post
    It generally worked out, but more than once I had to unload and quickly hide my half-laundered stuff.
    Yeah, I know how that goes. As it turns out, this 'quick hiding of half-laundered stuff' is what led to my coming out to my wife a couple of years ago. The diapers were basically all done, but I hadn't managed to return them to their usual hiding place. That plus a little bad luck...

    It worked out fine in the end. Obviously, there wasn't much else I could do to explain a stack of adult-sized prefold diapers.

  8. #8

    Default

    When I was a teen, disposables were not yet available.

    I distinctly remember ordering several pairs of waterproof pants from a pharmacy by mail. However, I don't remember ordering, getting or using cloth diapers. Not sure what I wore under the waterproof pants, probably just regular underwear.

  9. #9

    Default

    I did the exact same thing when I was a teen and finally had a job to afford diapers. My first purchase was a box of Curity 21x40. I wish I had save the original diapers in the box. You can find them on EBay for over $100.00. Who knew that it would be so popular?

  10. #10
    soggyboy

    Default

    I too did this as a teen. As an only child, I started staying home by myself from age 12.

    I was expected to do some chores, the laundry being one of them. This allowed me a lot of fun, along with some anxiety. I didn't have diapers, but would wet whatever clothes or pyjamas I had, try to enjoy the feeling as much as I could, then get the washing done. The anxiety was caused because I was always worried that mum would notice that I had washed clothes she hadn't seen me wearing, or ask why I had 6 pairs of undies on the line.......

    It was always a battle to get the "extra" laundry dry and put away before they got home.

    I just enjoyed wetting myself for fun at this stage but didn't understand why. It wasn't till puberty really kicked in at about 14, (late I know) that the sexual aspect became apparent.

Similar Threads

  1. Cloth diaper buying help
    By KRASN1 in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 21-Nov-2012, 16:27
  2. Thinking about buying cloth
    By Ch3stersGhost in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-Jul-2011, 04:29
  3. Buying Cloth Diapers Online
    By LilMikey in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-Sep-2010, 05:42
  4. Adult/Teen Sized AIO cloth diapers in UK?
    By loulou in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29-Jun-2010, 20:26

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.