Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft has to go back to pre-school

Default Microsoft has to go back to pre-school

Because they don't know how to count, Why? Because Window 10 is coming. Yes This will be the next OS after 8 as they are skipping windows 9 and making windows 10 sometime in 2015.

It like how they went from xbox 360 to xbox 1 we littles need to show them how to count and the ABCs . :P

This OS will bring back the the start button and fix a lot of the problems windows 8 had.

Unless 7 8 9 D:
    Last edited by Siddy; 01-Oct-2014 at 13:12.

They just need to use there fingers and toes to count.
    One little piggie two little piggie.

The engineers can count. The marketing department, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    Microsoft will never be fixed. They are at the point of no return.
    I'm guessing you're not a shareholder.

Part of me wants to see Windows "10" do well....

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    Microsoft will never be fixed. They are at the point of no return.
    ... And another part of my mind wants that to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    The engineers can count. The marketing department, though...
    I'm guessing you're not a shareholder.
    I can't believe their stock is still going up like that. Windows 8 was a PR disaster that was followed by a massive round of layoffs. maybe it just reflects renewed confidence after Microsoft sent Ballmer to his own special little corner where he can go play with his basketball team.

That and just as a long term trend I don't see desktop sales increasing.

Apparently the reason they went to windows ten was because of the coding

"if (version.StartsWith("windows 9"))"

This little bit of code is in a number of programs for windows 95 and 98. So this is one of the possible reasons they skipped 9 so they did not have to deal with fixing this code.

Quote Originally Posted by Siddy View Post
    Apparently the reason they went to windows ten was because of the coding

"if (version.StartsWith("windows 9"))"

This little bit of code is in a number of programs for windows 95 and 98. So this is one of the possible reasons they skipped 9 so they did not have to deal with fixing this code.
    Nope. As a Windows developer, I can assure you that the choice of version is no longer an app compat thing. Windows has been lying to apps about the OS version for years. You have to really go out of your way to always get the actual version, precisely because of all the stupid things app developers infer from it, and also because the version checking code often has bugs in it (people using 'equals' where 'greater than or equal to' was meant). Also, checking for a 9 hasn't worked for ages, and only ever worked if you looked at the product name -- an exceptionally foolish and mercifully rare practice. Those apps were broken and patched long ago (or forced into compatibility modes that lie to them). The actual version of Windows has been 6.x since Vista and was lower before that.
    Last edited by Cottontail; 01-Oct-2014 at 17:59.

Besides their counting problem, which a lot of software related companies seem to have - you remember that valve cannot count to 3, right? In the end it seems to be a fixed Windows 8.
    Wait... 10 instead of 9, 1 up, from 8 to 10, 2 up + 1= 3... HL3 confirmed! Well it is already anyway. ;)

It is the best they could do actually, in both ways. Windows 8 was great in a way. The underlying system is great, it's optimized very well. The way you have to use it sucks badly however, beginning from changed features up to missing one's.

There have been rumors that Microsoft might call it Windows X, Windows 365, just plain "Windows" or Windows One. Since basically they wanted to signify that the coming Windows release would be the last "major" Windows update, with regular small updates. I just hope that some rumors that are still around will not be true

On the other hand, if some major crap will happen again a lot of users will still use Win 7 perhaps or stick with 10 in an unsatisfied way, so it might give some linux distributions a big boom or a reason for a lot of software developers to finally give the userbase working versions for those

Well... let's see what comes.

Quote Originally Posted by daLira View Post
    you remember that valve cannot count to 3, right?
    You mean Half Life 3? 1 and 2 E1/2 must have been my favorit games ever. Such a waste that they quit three I played them all right down to the end multiple times, from Blue shift/Opposing front to HL2 Episode 2. Truly a waste there will be no third one.....

Back on topic, allthough I liked Windows 8, especially with my Windows Phone 8, 10 will not be for me.

My Dual booth Ubuntu will be all that's left in a few weeks, and mobile is going to Sailfish.