Thread: Interesting...

Default Interesting...

Thought you guys and gals would enjoy this:
    Code:
    http://www.gilbertguide.com/2007/04/02/how-long-should-a-longer-lasting-adult-brief-last/
    It's essentially a Q&A session with an insider.
    Last edited by h3g3l; 22-Jan-2009 at 15:38. Reason: Link should be broken now.

Are you aware that there is a link to this thread in the comment section of that posting? The reason I ask is because it looks incomplete, like it could have been unintentional. See below

# Interesting... - ADISC Says:

[...] Thought you guys and gals would enjoy this. It's essentially a Q&A session with an [...]
    Good article BTW

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Snap View Post
    Are you aware that there is a link to this thread in the comment section of that posting? The reason I ask is because it looks incomplete, like it could have been unintentional. See below

Good article BTW
    We should probably request them to delete it....

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Snap View Post

Good article BTW
    Oh crap - they've done a linkback??

No, that was NOT intentional on my side.

There are two now. It seems like it was automated by some software that website uses. Maybe if you edit your first post to break the link those comments will stop being generated.

It's just a ping. When someone links to that page, it shows. Wordpress does it too.

I don't know if it will disappear, but you can try breaking up the link now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsendo View Post
    There are two now. It seems like it was automated by some software that website uses. Maybe if you edit your first post to break the link those comments will stop being generated.
    Yah, the other one is linked to the thread Darkfinn made half a year ago on this article:

Article: How long should a diaper last?

I like the article, but I hate his math, as I also stated in the Darkfinn's closed thread, so I'll just quote my reason from there:

Quote Originally Posted by Jabo
    He didn't really do a fair comparison. He said in the article that US diapers tend to last 4-6 hours where as he went for the European mindset of 8-12 hours. He then compared it to having to use 6 US style cheap ones to using 2 European style diapers per day. He used the low number (4 hours) for the US cheap diapers (4 hours x 6 diapers = 24 hours). Then he used the high number for the European diapers (12 hours) for the European diapers (12 hours x 2 diapers = 24 hours). When in reality he should of either used 6 hours for US diapers or 8 hours for european diapers to make it fair. So what it should be is 8 hours x 3 diapers = 24 hours. For a final comparison of 6 diapers to 3 diapers per day, instead of 6 to 2.

Which inturn makes the European style diapers actually cost 90 cents more per day than the US diapers, because it now costs $4.50 instead of $3.00 going by his numbers (1.50 x 3 = $4.50 per day). Compaired to the 60 cents per diaper he used for the US diapers (0.60 x 6 = $3.60 per day). Hence costing 90 cents more for the European diapers ($4.50 for European - $3.60 for US = $0.90).

I still agree with him other than that, I just wanted to point that out.

The autor fail to take into account the fact that even with a super absorbant diaper, like the quality ones, humidity and a Ph imbalance remain in contact with the skin, creating problems very quickly for the wearer.

Also, patients with fecal incontinence tend to soil themself quite frequently, requiring frequent changes, even if the diaper is not wet.

I've worked in two hospitals with 2 different approach on diapers. One issued Tena Super (High quality diaper, capable of lasting a good 8 hours and more) and the other issuing Tena Ultra (Good quality diaper also, but made to last less that 4). What I saw, as a general conscensus, was that in the hospital with the higher quality diapers, diaper changes where less frequent and patients where generally left in their soiled diaper longer. That made all the floor smell very bad, especially in the morning!