Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good diapers for women

Default Good diapers for women

Hi all,

I use tena ultra, which are really nice (quiet, discreet, comfy, don't leak...). So I can't really complain about them.

However, I find that I need a change a lot sooner than I should because the back gets saturated while the front is still mostly dry... Can someone recommend diapers more suited to women? If I could shift the majority of the front padding to the bottom or back, I think I'd be able to waste less and save some money.

Thanks for any advice/suggestions!

c.

They're kind of expensive but I do totally fine with Abena M4's... (or whatever size you are, M is for medium). It has pretty universal padding all around so works for both sexes.

I've used them before and found them too warm. In the end, too, just as much padding went to waste in the front. They're good for night, of course. They're too bulky for going out during the day though.

Thanks for the suggestion!

c.

Dry 24/7 used to have their diapers that had added padding in the back. Their current diapers do not though. They do hold a good amount though and they have wide, and still quite thick padding in the back. They are plastic backed all the way though. These will last through the night.

You can also try reusable cloth diapers that are a lot more breathable and have excellent wicking properties, and with a booster pad in the back, they should be fine and they are cost effective over time. http://dependeco-adult-diapers.com/

You guys are taking the brute force approach. The problem here is that all the padding isn't being utilized, so throwing more absorbency at it isn't going to do much.

Molicare is unparalleled in its wiking ability, I'd recommend giving those a shot.

I agree with irnub. I mean, I love the thicker ones myself. But it seems like you are looking for something more discreet, and for that the Molicares seem like they deliver performance with discreetness. I tried the Molicare super briefs and they seemed to be really good for what you describe. There are also the heavier Molicare super plus briefs, but they might not be as discreet.

As another possible alternative, you could always buy some diaper boosters online. That way you could get lower-absorbency diapers and choose yourself where to add the extra padding, as you'd be the one placing the booster.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabresong View Post
    As another possible alternative, you could always buy some diaper boosters online. That way you could get lower-absorbency diapers and choose yourself where to add the extra padding, as you'd be the one placing the booster.
    This.

-RMS

Maybe the Molicores + The Bambino Quadros? I think these quadro boosters are great. PLace them where you want them, smell nice, and absorb pretty well. Don't know if they fit in the Molicores tho.

Sounds like you're mostly sitting or lying around. ;)

Just kidding, this can be a problem in general. As mentioned is a booster a very nice idea to minimize this problem. If you do not mind the bulkiness of course. Although the booster would just be filling that little gap that's anyway there, since diapers are unisex, hence they need to fit both genders. Wearing tight jeans might just not work that good anymore. That's usually bothering me the most. Another thing that works great is wearing Retro Boxershorts for men(the tight one's) over the diaper.
    As also does a booster tend to balance the usage a bit more. You would not have the problem of only wetting the back part that much.

Otherwise, besides that you're anyway using Tena, which are known to fit girls a bit better, which tend to have problems with other brands. So if they fit, it's a good choice already. One thing you could try however would be a version with more SAP, so the Tena Stretch Super. Or since you mentioned that you kind of like the Abena M4, you could simply try the M3 or M2, they're less bulky with way less padding in the front area.