Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Atheism and god and stuff

Korey

Default Atheism and god and stuff

Well I been an atheist before I knew religion existed, and im not really an anti-christ or anything I just think you can be a good person without a book telling you how to be that good person. But what made me come and post this shizzle, is the following quote I just read about three minutes ago, on 4chan, sorry moo....

"HEY ATHEISTS

You sicken me. Did you ever stop to think about how beautiful the world is? If you think this all happened by chance you deserve your future stay in Hell.

Evidence of His existence is everywhere, but you only see what you choose to. He does not reveal Himself to disbelievers, why should he?"

I had that thought before, like I did have some pretty good, fair, unbiased debates about gods existence, but that quote right there, haha, could be true you never know. Ill take my chances.

And like I said before, ill be a good person without the bible telling me to... Anyways, discuss, I guess.

As an atheist, my only answer would be:

Well if you happen to be right, I'll enjoy my stay right next to you, because surely no God would all such a hateful person into heaven.

As a Christian, I do disagree with you. However, I realize my religion isn't the only one on this Earth, and I respect that. I am not saying all atheists are condemned to Hell, but I am saying that there will not be just one religion. Someone has to go to Hell. It could be the Atheists, the Radicals, the Mormons, the Muslims, or even the Christians. We just don't know. Absolutely nobody will know until they die, and either go to Heaven or Hell. I don't really believe this, but the Bible could be just something someone told someone else. It may not be true. However, I believe it is.

Please don't take it the wrong way. I don't want all the other religions to go to Hell, I was just naming the first ones that came to mind.

EmeraldsAndLime

Dear believer,

The universe is one big coincidence and chance does exist. Of all the planets that orbit the billions of stars in our galaxy and of all the billions of galaxies in the universe, the rate for some sort of life (not necessarily intelligent) becomes exceedingly high. The fact that we, humans, exists is the most prime example of chance being successful.

And beauty is a perceptive word. One may perceive this world as beautiful and seek to protect it, another may see it as ugly and is apathetic to it's destruction. The fact the world is beautiful is merely a jaded opinion and all too much of a cop-out of an excuse that God exists, since beauty itself is subjective.

Conversely, evidence against his existence is everywhere. But I guess you only choose to see what you want to... and isn't it just oh so convenient that he doesn't reveal himself to non-believers.

If God was so strung up on people following his word, then you'd think he'd give people a definitive reason to believe - like revealing himself. If he were to exist, I'm sure he'd had bigger things to contend with than the alternate views of a few, much like how a human has better things to do than worry about an ant.

Regards,
    Sensibility.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
    Someone has to go to Hell.
    Why does someone have to go to hell? That's the thing about religious holy books (Bible, Qur'an, Torah, etc.) that I just can't accept. It's not logical. I'm sorry though. Not trying to make you mad or anything. Just saying what's on my mind. It COULD be true, but it doesn't make sense to me. It does to others though.

It's funny how so many different religions have so much in common. I think maybe they're all right in some ways and all wrong in some ways.

I try to follow a lot (but obviously not every) of Christianity's teachings and believe in God. I don't even know for 100% certain what I believe though. I have many ideas. Mostly, I just believe there's something and I want to be right about that. I know that maybe there's nothing, but I don't want to believe that. That's depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post
    Why does someone have to go to hell? That's the thing about the Bible that I just can't accept. It's not logical. I'm sorry though. Not trying to make you mad or anything. Just saying what's on my mind. And it's funny how so many different religions have so much in common. I think maybe they're all right in some ways and all wrong in some ways.

I try to follow a lot (but obviously not every) of Christianity's teachings and believe in God. I don't even know for 100% certain what I believe though. I have many ideas. Mostly, I just believe there's something and I want to be right about that. I know that maybe there's nothing, but I don't want to believe that. That's depressing.
    Hmm, I don't know. I've actually wondered this myself. "Why does anyone have to go to Hell?" Well, I believe that the only people that should go to Hell are people who murder others, on purpose and not at all for good reasons, and those who commit suicide. Oh, and rapists. If you hate yourself, and life is terrible, why not just see a therapist? They will almost always listen to you, and can help you through a bad situation. Besides, if your life is that bad, there's only one way to go, and that's up.

As for rape, this is just horrible. People who do these kinds of things disgust me. I have ALOT of tolerance for Gay and Bi people, people who have weird fetishes, but this is just wrong. Nobody should ever be forced to perform a sex act they don't want to, and the people who do it should definitely get death. I'm sorry, but that is how I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
    Hmm, I don't know. I've actually wondered this myself. "Why does anyone have to go to Hell?" Well, I believe that the only people that should go to Hell are people who murder others, on purpose and not at all for good reasons, and those who commit suicide. Oh, and rapists. If you hate yourself, and life is terrible, why not just see a therapist? They will almost always listen to you, and can help you through a bad situation. Besides, if your life is that bad, there's only one way to go, and that's up.

As for rape, this is just horrible. People who do these kinds of things disgust me. I have ALOT of tolerance for Gay and Bi people, people who have weird fetishes, but this is just wrong. Nobody should ever be forced to perform a sex act they don't want to, and the people who do it should definitely get death. I'm sorry, but that is how I feel.
    Before I gave up on the concept of God, I believed that evil people would go to hell, and good people would end up heaven. Religion didn't matter, it seemed a bit unfair that someone who never was exposed to the "right" religion would be condemned to hell.

Butterfly Mage

There are plenty of non-Abrahamic faiths out there. The trouble with the Big Three (Christianity, Islam, and Judeaism) is that their scripture teaches that God is perpetually displeased with humanity and is itching for a reason to send people to Hell.

That's a big turn-off to a whole bunch of people.

In Wicca, by contrast, we revere a paired God and Goddess that love us and want us to be happy, fulfilled, and complete. There is no Hell or Devil in the Wiccan theology. Evil people who make evil decisions will have pay for their misdeeds, but not by burning in Hell. They pay by having a really rough subsequent incarnation. In Wicca, life is supposed to teach us. Life is a gift, not a curse.

I wonder why Wicca is the fastest-growing religion in the United States?

I am sure it is either one of two ways, if there is a Christian God.

Either EVERYONE goes to hell and pays for what they did, or, NO ONE goes to hell. Quite simple.

Ah, what the heck. I view the existence of a deity as a logical impossibility. Or at the very least, the existence of a deity deserving of our worship. So in my opinion, there is no pre-existing meaning to life, there is no after life, good or bad, and there is no unseen being guiding everything.

That being said, Life doesn't have to be meaningless if you don't want it to be. Go out and change the world to give yourself a purpose. I'll just take as good a life as I can get without causing harm to others and be happy with that.