Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Truth about Santa Claus

Default Truth about Santa Claus

I have always been told different things about the man in red speaking "Santa is real if you believe real hard" up to "You honestly believe a fat man on a heavy sleigh" I wanted to believe he was real when I was 15, Once I hit 18 I just gave up because I figured he stop delivering gifts to people over the age of 18 and I believed that because I struck 18 June 28 2013 and all I got was gifts from my mom and my sister and I think it'll be the same this year. I think I was lied to my entire life and always believed in this criteria as my own adventure to discover if Santa was real.

I need some input on this. Does anyone still believe in Santa even if we are adults :3 If I can be told some true facts by knowledge instead of lies on the internet I can finally sleep in peace!

I believe Santa is real in a different way. He makes Christmas for kids come alive and anyone who believes in him. Although I don't believe he is physically real, I know he is in fact real enough to make the world happy

I stopped believing when I was... eight? maybe ten...? It just didn't make any sense. I like to pretend for fun, though. Or say that Santa is real in a figurative sort of way.

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post

I need some input on this. Does anyone still believe in Santa even if we are adults :3 If I can be told some true facts by knowledge instead of lies on the internet I can finally sleep in peace!
    Im pretty sure you are serious about this...
    Basic reasonsing and understanding of reality suggests he isnt real.
    For the same reasons leprachauns, zeus and griffins arent real

We don't have Santa Claus. We have our own version derived from our history.

Unfortunately some narrow minded hot heads are trying to take that away from us.

So that might mean no more presents and candy for our children. Luckily I still had the pleasure to have that when I was young. I still remember it counting the days to the fifth of December. And I would love to see the coming generations get the same thing to look out for, well, they might not.

Last time wasn;t so much fun. A near ethnical break down during a childs party isn't the way it should be.

In my area there is no Santa. Maybe this has changed in the meantime, but when I was little, Baby Jesus would deliver the presents. Makes a little less sense than the old sleigh man, I'd say. I stopped believing in Baby Jesus delivering presents when I was around six or so, just about when I started elementary school, maybe a little younger. I think my parents knew but I knew they'd be happy if I just pretend, so I tricked myself into some kind of doublethink. You see, in Germany presents are made not early on the 25th, but in the evening of the 24th, and my parents would send us children out of the living room while putting the presents under the tree. So while I knew it made no sense that all the adults were still in the room and could see Baby Jesus coming into the room with all the presents I also made myself believe he did and when I was little, I could believe both things simultaneously.
    Did anybody here have similar memories?

Quote Originally Posted by SchrodingersSpy View Post
    Im pretty sure you are serious about this...
    Basic reasonsing and understanding of reality suggests he isnt real.
    For the same reasons leprachauns, zeus and griffins arent real
    Somewhat to full yes I am serious. Just like you posted I gave a post cancer back in may :P
    Last edited by Snivy; 28-Sep-2014 at 01:06.

You're two months early for this. It's time to start waiting for The Great Pumpkin!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	great pumpkin.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	6.8 KB 
ID:	21998

Yes I do believe in the spirit of Christmas.
    St Nicholas was a bishop in turkey and the tradition came form the maidens having to pay the empire tax to wed. So he would leave the funds for the ladies to pay the tax, or a stock of coal.

So Yes I do believe in the principles of Christmas.

As to the OP question.

There is three phases of Life:

You believes in Santa Claus.
    You do not believe in Santa Claus.
    You are Santa Claus.

The same is true for the Easter Bunny and Tooth fairy.