Thread: Probably a dumb question

Default Probably a dumb question

OK, so this is probably dumb but here goes...
    I just ordered a sample of the the 3rd generation Bellisimos to see if they're better than the last version and they come with free Abena Anatomic boosters.
    My question is this: How do you go about using them? Do u just stick 'em in the diaper or do you have to cut slits in them? Never used a booster before so I don't know how to use them. Also, how are these particular boosters in quality? Thanks.

Boosters help add absorption to the diaper. Most of them are flow through design. Some have tapes most do not. If they have a tape on the back then you peel and stick. If they don't have a tape then you just kind of put them in the middle and adjust for how you want it to ride. Probably want to try to center it between the standing leg guards if your diaper is so equipped. They defiantly add additional bulk along with the absorption, personally I just like how they puff up the front and rear of my diaper, looks more babyish when I see myself in the mirror. As for the quality of your particular brand, I can't say. But, hey its a freebie, give it a good run through the paces on the test track.

No problem. And there's no such thing as a dumb question, only a dumb answer.

Every booster I've ever seen has a peel-off adhesive? anyway, yes, they're normally placed in the center (crotch area) of the diaper and are just there to provide some added capacity to the diaper. They could be placed a little toward the front. Guys can place them very far to the front, and helps provide a little added protection if you're pointing up while laying down. Some boosters are hourglass-shaped, and really won't fit anywhere but the crotch, but most I've seen have been just straight strips. Some of them are too wide to fit between the leak guards of some diapers, those shouldn't be mixed.

I'd also have to mention, sometimes I add a booster just to bulk it up a bit, boosters give Absorbency Plus diapers a big improvement in feel, and prevents the front from clumping as quickly.

Where did you buy Bellissimos that came with boosters? I received my samples from Bambino not long ago & did not get any booster pads included.

Quote Originally Posted by gnd567 View Post
    OK, so this is probably dumb but here goes...
    I just ordered a sample of the the 3rd generation Bellisimos to see if they're better than the last version and they come with free Abena Anatomic boosters.
    My question is this: How do you go about using them? Do u just stick 'em in the diaper or do you have to cut slits in them? Never used a booster before so I don't know how to use them. Also, how are these particular boosters in quality? Thanks.
    Diaper booster pads have no waterproof material in them, they are basically like the inside of a diaper, on both sides, so that the urine can flow through the booster(when full) into the diaper underneath it.

If you like boosters, I'd recommend buying the new Goodnites trufit inserts. They are cheaper and they hold a good bit.

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    Diaper booster pads have no waterproof material in them
    eh... that backing on the adhesive strip is pretty waterprooof. Not that it matters MUCH but it's there.

Also, if it's a high sap pad, it stops wicking front to back pretty early, and becomes more of a hinderance than a help once saturated, forcing liquids to find their way around the pad (which usually means a dangerous detour to the sides just inside the leak guards) to get to the padding in the diaper that still has capacity. Diapers with boosters in them often handle the first flood but do not handle additional floods well.

You can get more overall capacity with them, but in the end, they are worse on floods.