Thread: Been out of work from surgery, no supply left help?

Default Been out of work from surgery, no supply left help?

As the topic says, I'm 25 and I've been out of work since August, from a knee surgery that desperately needed to be done, ive been unable to drive and I didn't start getting my disability checks until today almost 2 months later.

the problem is the money I just received its only enough to cover my rent and utilities that are due.

I have an overactive bladder and.I had ran out of supply, it hasent been horribly bad since I've been home most of the time besides physical therapy.

My problem has Been when ive been out of the house and when friends come over there where moments when out of the blue an urge came and I.couldn't stop it I.only noticed from the sudden warmth and dampness.

I'm not looking for sympathy here but if any of you have any ideas how I can get a supply with practically almost no money I would sincerely.be most grateful.

Thanks it's just been really hard with the delay in getting my checks and not being able to drive etc , again any.ideas much appreciated

- - - Updated - - -

I.drive standard 5 speed I forgot to mention

I'm sorry to hear the bad news. I hope you will eventually be able to financially catch up. I have to think that there might be some sort of social service that could help you. Churches will often rise to the occasion. You should have to go around being wet.

Thanks Dogboy I didn't think about those services. Yeah it blows, I can't do alot of things right now and I'm getting sick and tired of being inside all day doing absolutely nothing feels like i'm in prison LOL!

I live in the state of washington and my diapers are covered by the states medicaid plan. Im assuming its similar in other states. You will have to have an established medical history of incontinence and have a doctor prescription and find a medical supplier who can bill medicaid...I get prevail brand. Pretty cheap but its better than peeing in my pants or having a poop mess that is harder to clean up and harder to hide...

- - - Updated - - -

oh and check out diaper banks. some have adult diapers too.

You can also check out Craig's list. Depending where you live, some off the more populated areas have tons of people trying to get rid of adult diapers all the time. They're not anything special, usually the usual medical supply store brands, but they usually sell them quite cheap.

Also here's List of diaper banks through out the country.

http://nationaldiaperbanknetwork.org...rbank_find.php

When a person looks at those, they need to make sure the look for some thing that identifies the diaper bank as also carrying adult diapers. A lionshare of them just carry baby diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDooKiddo View Post
    if any of you have any ideas how I can get a supply with practically almost no money I would sincerely.be most grateful.
    Check your local thrift shops, goodwill, st vincent depaul etc. People frequenty donate estate sale stuff that didn't sell and no one wanted, and diapers are often on that list, for the deceased that was IC due to age. They'll frequently have opened packs of diapers going quite cheap even though only one or two have been removed, or even a small stack of bags of unopened diapers. Couple bucks a bag is typical, for bags that normally might have cost $25 or more. They're often "cheap medical grade" but eh, that may be enough for your needs.

You could also try calling less flattering locations like homeless shelters. They get donations of all sorts of toiletries, and may have a surplus of diapers they may be willing to give you, or sell cheap. Thing here is, it's a lot easier for people with disabilities like CP to get into financial crunches, and some of that same demographic needs diapers. Think of organizations like goodwill in your area and consider if any of them might be able to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    Check your local thrift shops, goodwill, st vincent depaul etc. People frequenty donate estate sale stuff that didn't sell and no one wanted, and diapers are often on that list, for the deceased that was IC due to age. They'll frequently have opened packs of diapers going quite cheap even though only one or two have been removed, or even a small stack of bags of unopened diapers. Couple bucks a bag is typical, for bags that normally might have cost $25 or more. They're often "cheap medical grade" but eh, that may be enough for your needs.

You could also try calling less flattering locations like homeless shelters. They get donations of all sorts of toiletries, and may have a surplus of diapers they may be willing to give you, or sell cheap. Thing here is, it's a lot easier for people with disabilities like CP to get into financial crunches, and some of that same demographic needs diapers. Think of organizations like goodwill in your area and consider if any of them might be able to help you.
    I was actually able to pick some up thank you for the information, I always keep notes from my doc with me as well