Thread: Cycling and diapers?

Default Cycling and diapers?

Does anybody else cycle out there? Some of my friends call the cycling shorts a diaper, and I just kind of chuckle to myself. But, it does bring ideas into my head... I don't think it would be very comfortable to wear an actual diaper while cycling, but the idea sounds fun, and it might provide more padding for the ride. Has anybody else every thought about or tried this?

Quote Originally Posted by tomviper000 View Post
    Does anybody else cycle out there? Some of my friends call the cycling shorts a diaper, and I just kind of chuckle to myself. But, it does bring ideas into my head... I don't think it would be very comfortable to wear an actual diaper while cycling, but the idea sounds fun, and it might provide more padding for the ride. Has anybody else every thought about or tried this?
    The rash is enough to make me not try it. On a casual stroll maybe.

Have tried, and did not enjoy... Chafing was terrible, it also bunched up after a short time due to the movement on the saddle, and in the end I didn't even need to pee while out. Doh!

Will not be trying again anytime soon.

A.

Quote Originally Posted by tomviper000 View Post
    I did a 90 minute ride home from work one day in a wet diaper I wasn't quite ready to remove. I'm reasonably rash-resistant, so I came out of that just fine. The big effect I noticed was that it pushed me up in the saddle further and changed my form. By the end of the ride, my knees hurt from it. I didn't notice any more padding for bumps, and I did notice the soggy feeling while I rode. I will say, though, I did enjoy the compression of my bib shorts over the diaper.

Maybe on a cruiser bike at slow speeds it would be nice, but I would recommend against it on a proper road bike on a longer distance ride. I am glad I did it once, though.

I often wear a cloth diaper under my bike shorts. The shorts are black and have an outer shell which looks like regular shorts so the diaper isn't visible. The shorts are black so if I wet my diaper, that doesn't show either. It's a wonderful experience. I never chafe and it feels quite comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Soakingboy View Post
    Have tried, and did not enjoy... Chafing was terrible, it also bunched up after a short time due to the movement on the saddle, and in the end I didn't even need to pee while out. Doh!
    I think cloth is the only practical way to cycle diapered. Disposables just can't stand up to the physical stress and wear. If you're goling to try a disposable again, go with a thin diaper that has a tough outer shell AND tough inner liner. Wear boxers over your diaper to protect it from the crotch seam in your pants/shorts. Wear loose pants, and try to ride standing as much as possible.

I agree, it's better to use a thin diaper. I've tried it a couple of times and enjoyed it. Don't want to use one every time I go cycle with the racebike.

I've always found this quite comfortable! An extra layer of padding never hurts...

Tena Stretch Super can hold up to an hour or two of mountain biking for me. First diaper I've found that can do that without falling apart or rubbing my legs (at the leg bands) raw. A pad + stretchy pant system also works well.

One would think that a stretchy pull-up would be great, but I can't seem to find a brand that doesn't get so loose at the legs that it leaks.

I have on short rides when I'm just playing around, and I have ridden my indoor trainer while diapered a few times. I would never wear on a road ride just do the the heat and chaffing. also on a road bike that extra half inch or so could mess with your bike fit and cause pain and other issues. maybe while mountain biking in the winter? I always hate stopping for bathroom breaks when its cold out