Thread: Gender dysphoria

Default Gender dysphoria

I need someone. I'm so sick of my boy parts right now i want to be sammie so bad but I can't. I feel so lost right now. I just want to get rid of these feelings so I can be happy as just one gender. I hate feeling like I'm in the wrong body somedays and like I was born in the correct body others. I just wish Either my boobs would grow and my penis would fall off or That I could just be a full on male. I need help

Hiya DJ,

This is my first post on here in a very long time. I have also struggled with gender dysphoria to the point of both frustration and near-insanity. It does suck to feel as though you want to be both male and female depending on the day. I will bring a few things to your attention:

1. Transitioning has made me feel immeasurably better for most days. Presenting as either a feminine girl or a tomboyish girl or as androgynous (but certainly more masculine) depending on how I'm feeling day-by-day definitely works for me.

2. If you really do feel as though you want to be both genders, it is possible that you may be genderqueer, duel-gendered or some other part of the transgender community - "Completely male" and "completely female" are not the only options here. NO matter what society seems to think, reality suggests it's a false dichotomy.

If you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to PM me or you can reply publicly on here, either way, I'd be happy to listen to your issues and try to help as much as I can

You can be both genders if you want, or you could be neither. Most people don't feel 100% one way or the other, they just lean pretty far in one direction. You could always try dressing as a woman and using breastforms to simulate having boobs and see how you like the look on yourself without committing to plastic surgery or hormones. (Note: real boobs are heavy. Do NOT get excited and choose huge ones at first.)

If you're thinking about sex reassignment surgery, ask yourself this: Since you can't switch sex whenever you feel like, do you think you'd be happier having "lady parts" or "man parts" for the majority of the time?

Everything else you can figure out without going to surgery, which could be a very costly mistake if you find you regret getting it in the end.

if i may be a little bit less-than politically-correct here.....
    of course no buddy need make a choice as too which gender-expression they most want to publicly identify with. at lest not in the US of A.... depending on your state of residents, we have all sorts of new civil rights laws that protect gender and sexual expression. laws that didn't exist or were un-thinkable 30 years ago when i came out.

but still, in all that time i haven't seen the world around me become much less of a gender-binary land scape regardless of how much protest is raised, or how many gay pride parades we hold. i think it all comes down to the idea that even though we have changed the law in many places over time, we haven't and can't change what an individual feels. their learning-curve of life expression so to speak.

i was in my time where you are now. it took me time to sort out my feelings and compare them with how i saw the world, and how that world saw me.....

of course, my junk never fell-off on it's own and i never spontaneously started growing a rack. i had to make a deliberate and conscious choice to change my self and my life in such a way that both i and the world would see in me what i saw and felt in me before the change.
    that was 30 years ago. and in truth, i never really stopped changing.

once you take Crayola in your own hand that the world first colored your life with, you'll discover that there is no earthly reason to color between the lines any more. and yet at the same time, no reason not to.

what i am saying is quit waiting for forces outside of your control to choose the colors of your life.... you do it for your self.
    lodge wrecker....

Quote Originally Posted by babyboydj View Post
    I need someone. I'm so sick of my boy parts right now i want to be sammie so bad but I can't. I feel so lost right now. I just want to get rid of these feelings so I can be happy as just one gender. I hate feeling like I'm in the wrong body somedays and like I was born in the correct body others. I just wish Either my boobs would grow and my penis would fall off or That I could just be a full on male. I need help