Thread: New here and saying hi!

Default New here and saying hi!

Hello! I'm Zephy. I'm in college studying education as a graduate student. I love teaching kids and seeing them learn and grow! I love to help, to play, and to learn new things.

I am a bit shy and nervous about getting out there as an age player, but it's become more important for me to explore myself, learn from, and connect with others. While I am not into diapers at the moment, I do share a lot of the feelings and interests I've seen around here so I hope that's ok!

My other interests are.... anime, rock climbing, reading, Dungeons and Dragons, board games, and video games. I actually run the D&D club at my school! I'm studying to become a teacher and I hope to go into special education and work with students with autism.

I'm looking to share ideas and talk to other people about lots of fun little things! I would also love to make friends here and get to know more people who are like me. Sometimes I feel so out of place in the world and seeing all you here is such a relief. So thanks! I look forward to getting to know some of you and making friends!

Welcome Zephy! We're so glad you're here! You gave a wonderful introduction. We have all kinds of "kids" here. You're in the right place!

I have always looked up to teachers and having an aspie son, I have even more respect for them. Keep at it - A lot more special ed teachers are needed! Again - welcome!

Welcome also. I worked with special ed. kids at a junior high school for a number of years as a teacher assistant. I've retired from that job but I also work as a church music director. I too like D & D and used to play the various Diablo games on computer. Now I've turned to writing as I have a novel on Amazon/Kindle.

I hope you enjoy the site and feel comfortable contributing you thoughts to the many threads. We're a good group of people and discuss a lot more than just diapers. It's always interesting.

Thanks guys! I've been a bit turned off by some DD/lg sites because there seems to be a lack of thoughtfulness and too much craziness so I figured I would look around and see what I could find. I'm looking forward to making friends and meeting people here!

I spent my summer working with middle and high school students with severe autism and it was so amazing! I learned so much and loved being with those guys. I can't wait to have "my own" kids in the classroom.

dogboy, I wish I could find the time to write up some of my stories I've made. D&D has really helped me expand my creativity and I have some characters I just love and I want to explore through writing. That's so awesome that you've gotten to write out your own book!

Eldridge99

Hi Zephlette. I'm new here too so welcome to the site. I think it's great that you're a teacher because without you taking the time and effort to teach our kids we'd be a in a lot of trouble. Now that you're going into special education I'm betting it will be an even bigger challenge. My wife works with special needs kids and I can't imagine the patience you must have. So anyway I hope you enjoy it here.

hi Zephlette i am also a newbie my name is beth and i am considering he special education career path but am torn between that and floral designer certification. how would you rate your experience in college so far? is it hard to go in for the career path as a teacher? is there a specific age range that is more challenging than the rest? i am a curious person, sorry if i ask too many questions

Quote Originally Posted by Zephlette View Post
    Hello! I'm Zephy. I'm in college studying education as a graduate student. I love teaching kids and seeing them learn and grow! I love to help, to play, and to learn new things.

I am a bit shy and nervous about getting out there as an age player, but it's become more important for me to explore myself, learn from, and connect with others. While I am not into diapers at the moment, I do share a lot of the feelings and interests I've seen around here so I hope that's ok!

My other interests are.... anime, rock climbing, reading, Dungeons and Dragons, board games, and video games. I actually run the D&D club at my school! I'm studying to become a teacher and I hope to go into special education and work with students with autism.

I'm looking to share ideas and talk to other people about lots of fun little things! I would also love to make friends here and get to know more people who are like me. Sometimes I feel so out of place in the world and seeing all you here is such a relief. So thanks! I look forward to getting to know some of you and making friends!
    Hello, and welcome Zephy. I hope you enjoy your time here with us, I promise we are not scary nor do we bite. Feel free to browse around, and don't be shy to ask for advice. I noticed you mentioned you liked anime, and video games. I like those as well, and was curious if you had any favorites?

So which edition of D&D are you running? Our group tried 4.0, but we found it really boring. We do enjoy Pathfinder, or as we call it, 3.75. It finally got the 3.0 rules sorted and mostly playable, and it's still fun and has a great feel to it.

And welcome!