Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My cloth diaper pile.

Default My cloth diaper pile.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	21885

This entire basket is full of cloth diapers from a weeks worth of use. I am proud to say I am independent from disposables as much as I want to be. Only problem is, I hardly have room for any of my other laundry, lol.

Also: the cute kid bib is not mine unfortunately. Too small.

Hehe that's really cool ^^ I'm trying to do the same thing myself with aio cloth diapers. I have like 7 or 8 of them that gets be thru a week of bed wetting, but for daly use I must still use disposables. Which I don't mind as I love both tipes of diapers. But I wouldn't mind the long turm money saving of cloth. <3 (btw cute patterns as we'll, what brand are they?)

That's a good basket full for a week. I have to hand wash mine daily which is no problem for me. I wear two a day divided between
    twill prefolds, contours or AIO's. Altogether I have ten Dependeco AIO's, four twill prefolds and four twill contours with boosters
    from CTDC. Also have six Dependeco booster pads. I do wear disposables for daytime.

I wanna do cloth to save money but don't got the time or the right size :/ I guess my cloth times isn't going to settle for another couple of months :P

As for you, Tyger, you got something going on there! ^^ Noticed your bib I'm guessin your a messy eater

Quote Originally Posted by lokithegirlysergal View Post
    Hehe that's really cool ^^ I'm trying to do the same thing myself with aio cloth diapers. I have like 7 or 8 of them that gets be thru a week of bed wetting, but for daly use I must still use disposables. Which I don't mind as I love both tipes of diapers. But I wouldn't mind the long turm money saving of cloth. <3 (btw cute patterns as we'll, what brand are they?)
    I sometimes use disposables, just because I still get timid using my cloth ones, mostly when i'm out in town or at work, you can't really just throw them away if you needed to change. Anyhow, I pretty much am wearing a cloth aio every day though. I bought mine from Dependeco-adult-diapers. The print on the top is actually some fabric I sent to Monica (the one who runs the business) and she sewed it up for me. The fabric comes from a fitted sheet for a crib. I love it.
    It is mostly comforting to me to know that if I ever cant afford using disposables, I still have enough cloth diapers to wear every day if I want. I have a habit of buying them though whenever I see a new print that I like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    I wanna do cloth to save money but don't got the time or the right size :/ I guess my cloth times isn't going to settle for another couple of months :P

As for you, Tyger, you got something going on there! ^^ Noticed your bib I'm guessin your a messy eater
    Lol, I actually have a bib for my size, and I didn't think I was ever going to use it (it came to me by surprize when I ordered a larger set of cloth diapers, I don't know if that is normal for her to do, but it was nice). Whenever I use that bib now it really makes me feel a year younger.
    My suggestion is, is try buying a cloth diaper, and then you can get used to trying to take care of it properly. It is just nice to have a diaper with fun print on it, that you can re-use. If you ever get about $40 that you can spend, it is fun to have. Monica will take it back too if you find that the size is wrong, so long as you didn't really wear it, just gave it a quick size on. I would always go with the size higher though if you are in between diaper sizes with your waist. I have some mediums and I could wear them, but they expose too much of the velcro, so i got larges, which is what size i was barely too, and they are super comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    Monica will take it back too if you find that the size is wrong...
    Monica? A company, person, animal, I'm confused :P

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    Monica? A company, person, animal, I'm confused :P
    Monica is the name of the lady that runs dependeco-adult-diapers.

Nice collection Tyger. Mine are just the plain white, pre-fold, but I do enjoy them.

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    That's a good basket full for a week. I have to hand wash mine daily which is no problem for me. I wear two a day divided between
    twill prefolds, contours or AIO's. Altogether I have ten Dependeco AIO's, four twill prefolds and four twill contours with boosters
    from CTDC. Also have six Dependeco booster pads. I do wear disposables for daytime.
    I ended up going to walmart to buy normal baby cloth diapers to use as boosters. I have two dependeco ones, but with the baby ones, they clean out easier since you use them in layers, and then they can dry out separately. I would like to wash mine each day, but it isn't an option. Instead, I rinse mine out while I take a shower, and then I bag each one individually in a 3 gallon plastic bag and put it in my laundry basket. I have tried dry and wet storage containment before and it worked horribly. Putting each one in individual bags though helps keep what bacteria remains after rinsing from teaming up with other diapers and making it all smell horrible.

I think I have 19 dependeco aio's now. It is an addiction, it is not healthy on my my bank account.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Nice collection Tyger. Mine are just the plain white, pre-fold, but I do enjoy them.
    Sometimes I have to pull out a pinup diaper because it feels so much more babyish and cozy. Pre-fold diapers are nice.

And thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	21890

Here is everything hanging to dry in my awkwardly setup, badly lit room.

- - - Updated - - -

An some reason it is upside down...
    Last edited by Tyger; 14-Sep-2014 at 07:31.