Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Usage of "Mommy/Daddy"

Question Usage of "Mommy/Daddy"

So, my girlfriend, who is an ABDL, and I agree on a viewpoint that seems to differ from the community at large: we do not at all like the phrases "Mommy" or "Daddy" in the context of our AB roleplay.

Simply put, we think it's creepy. She and I are sexual partners; although our ABDLism is not exclusively sexual, our roleplay is certainly marked by the presence of that element; we are primarily DLs. As such, we feel that using "Mommy/Daddy" introduces an element of an Oedipus/Electra complex that is unwanted to us. Not only that: it feels strange because, simply put, we don't want to think of our own parents! This is, of course, not to say that people who subscribe to the "Mommy/Daddy" archetypes are into their actual parents, or have Oedipus complexes; we personally just find that connection hard to shake. Instead of "mommy" or "daddy," the top during this flavor of roleplay between us is the other's babysitter: authority without a hint of incest.

I'm not condemning or criticizing other ABDLs who like these archetypes. Furthermore, I realize that not everybody's AB roleplay is in any way sexual. Please don't take this as an attack on yourself or others; I'm simply trying to initiate a conversation I don't think we've had here before.

However, what do you think? I imagine most people here will disagree, but I'd still like to hear your opinions.

In an earlier discussion on this topic, some found it useful to call her Miss (fill in the name). This gave her the spot of babysitter and the authority you want, without being mommy.
    It could also go the other way when you reverse roles. She might address you as Mr. Kovy, or something similar.

I do not use mommy/daddy with my husband, but would not feel comfortable with miss or Mr either. I do say "yes sir" to my husband when he asks me to do something sometimes and he calls me baby sometimes. Otherwise we just go by wife, husband and first names.

soggyboy

I agree completely.
    While I have never had a diaper companion, I would cherish the chance to have a partner who would not only indulge, but also join in.
    I identify as a little/DL, but there is an amount of arousal involved with the diapers, and I would feel weird using the term mummy because of this. I think that would become a mood killer real quick. I think a "baby sitter" would be nice, but primarily I would love a "playmate", a female who would like to play in a regressive state with me.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGrey View Post
    In an earlier discussion on this topic, some found it useful to call her Miss (fill in the name). This gave her the spot of babysitter and the authority you want, without being mommy.
    It could also go the other way when you reverse roles. She might address you as Mr. Kovy, or something similar.
    That just makes me think of a teacher or something But I'd probably use those too instead of mommy/daddy... No idea though, never been in such a situation before... :3

I completely agree with you Kovy, for exactly the reasons you mentioned! We don't want images of our parents conjured up during fun times! I think of myself as an awesome doting babysitter, and although we have discussed other names to use, like my Warcraft toon's, it always just winds up as my actual name. I'm totally cool with that. Pretty much anything would be better than the thought of my mother creeping into sexy time. Anything.

Fortunately, I've never been in a position to call an ABDL playmate "Mommy/Daddy." Mainly because I've never met another AB in real life... well, one exception, but I don't know if he's into it anymore.

But, I can completely agree with you. The idea sounds creepy to me, but that's just me. I'm personally too close to my parents to do it. Now, if I said お母さん or お父さん (Mother or Father), I might be able to do it, since I didn't call my parents that growing up :P

I think you aptly explained why you feel this way when you said you are more DL than AB. Wanting a mommy figure is more part of being AB rather than DL. I think your young age is also a factor. Being young and having a real mother in your life is a viable factor. Mine died many years ago so there is less emotional attachment for someone like me than perhaps you. Thirdly, being in a sexual relationship with your partner changes the equation. Usually a "mommy" figure would not be sexual, at least not by the purer definition.

That said, most of us don't practice pure forms of regression, so having a wife as a "mommy" partner when age playing can be part of the equation as long as both parties are comfortable with it. There are no set rules, so what is comfortable for one couple may not be comfortable for another.

I don't know, I've always fantasized and dreamed of calling someone 'Daddy' myself, but I never used that even when I was a wee little thing. Mom told me when I was young I called my dad all types of things, just never daddy.