Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Longest time in a diaper?

WearingClouds

Question Longest time in a diaper?

I am curious, what is the longest you have worn a diaper for?

What diaper(s) was it and what liners did you use?

My current record is 25 hours.

I wore an Abena xplus M4 with tranquility boost liner. Must have had at least 4 floods and 6 smaller wettings.

My time of 25 hours was calculated from the time of putting it on and until I had my first leak.

I plan to break this record in the near future!

Anyone else out there love wearing the same diaper for a long period of time??

Quote Originally Posted by WearingClouds View Post
    I am curious, what is the longest you have worn a diaper for?
    I think my record must be about that long too, 24 or 25 hours, it was a M4 with an Abri-Let maxi booster and plastic pants. I put it on during late afternoon, and it lasted until the day after before dinner. Needless to say it was full and begging for mercy when I changed!

I often wear that same combo overnight, and it usually lasts up to 15-16 hours before needing to be changed. Last night in place of the abri-let maxi I used a XL booster by XPmedical (yep, they're imported to EU by my German diaper pusher ) and it turned out to be even comfier and more performant.

As you may tell I'm not a fan of thin diapers that need changing too often (2/3 times a day is my average when I'm wearing 24/7) and I like exploiting my padding to the max. When doing this it's of paramount importance to keep well hydrated, and wash carefully at every change, otherwise UTIs are behind the corner...

Wearing the same diaper for a long period of time is not healthy for your skin even if the person does "not" have sensitive skin. Wet and Sweat mix and chemicals rub against the skin for however long you decide to keep the diaper on, causing "Diaper Rash."

I wouldn't try to break any records. If you have thick diapers the best recommended time is 9-12 hours.

WearingClouds

Big thick diapers are amazing! I just got my Abena Abrilet normal pads in the mail but haven't used them yet. I'm waiting till SIDF and then going to create my biggest diaper creation yet! I'll look into those XP medical ones. I was just curious though, does the adhesive strip block the liquid from running through?

Quote Originally Posted by quattrus View Post
    I think my record must be about that long too, 24 or 25 hours, it was a M4 with an Abri-Let maxi booster and plastic pants. I put it on during late afternoon, and it lasted until the day after before dinner. Needless to say it was full and begging for mercy when I changed!

I often wear that same combo overnight, and it usually lasts up to 15-16 hours before needing to be changed. Last night in place of the abri-let maxi I used a XL booster by XPmedical (yep, they're imported to EU by my German diaper pusher ) and it turned out to be even comfier and more performant.

As you may tell I'm not a fan of thin diapers that need changing too often (2/3 times a day is my average when I'm wearing 24/7) and I like exploiting my padding to the max. When doing this it's of paramount importance to keep well hydrated, and wash carefully at every change, otherwise UTIs are behind the corner...
    About those boosters, can you give some more information about them?

WearingClouds

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    Wearing the same diaper for a long period of time is not healthy for your skin even if the person does "not" have sensitive skin. Wet and Sweat mix and chemicals rub against the skin for however long you decide to keep the diaper on, causing "Diaper Rash."
    From all the years I've been doing this, I've never had a diaper rash. My average time in a wet diaper is 6-12 hours!

Guess I'm lucky is all

Cut
    I re-updated my post, that was my fault. I would re-read it.

EXTRA: I wouldn't try to break any records. If you have thick diapers the best recommended time is 9-12 hours.

WearingClouds

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    I re-updated my post, that was my fault. I would re-read it.

EXTRA: I wouldn't try to break any records. If you have thick diapers the best recommended time is 9-12 hours.
    Challenge accepted! Lol

My next record will hopefully be 36 hours.

My next record will hopefully be 36 hours.
    That's just wrong XP

WearingClouds

However, in regards to those with sensitive skin, don't try this! I'm just lucky enough to not get diaper rashes! I do use a generous amount of baby powder though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    About those boosters, can you give some more information about them?
    The Aben Abri Let boosters have a flow through design. Basically it looks like a large maxi pad. It does NOT have an adhesive strip on the back so 100% of the liquid will flow through it into the diaper. It's a great way to extend the life of the diaper and prevent leaks.

I shop at www.xpmedical.com for my needs. Click the tab on the left that says "Booster Pads" for more information

As for the other styles, I'm unsure.

Oh and on amazon you can buy tranquility top liners which work great and control odor very well!