Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to diapers and looking for suggestions.

Default New to diapers and looking for suggestions.

This is my first week wearing diapers over night. I'm a big guy, 6' 2" and about 260 lbs. I purchased some large Prevail Breezers at my local drug store and they seem to be working reasonably well but I think I'd like to find something a little more absorbent. The Breezers leak after two full wettings for me.

My questions:

1. I think I should be looking at XL instead of L for most brands. Can someone chime in on that?

2. Would there be other, better options over the Prevails? Possibly Tena Super or Abena?

3. Is there a cost effective option that might handle three or more wettings?

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by OtherJake View Post
    This is my first week wearing diapers over night. I'm a big guy, 6' 2" and about 260 lbs. I purchased some large Prevail Breezers at my local drug store and they seem to be working reasonably well but I think I'd like to find something a little more absorbent. The Breezers leak after two full wettings for me.

My questions:

1. I think I should be looking at XL instead of L for most brands. Can someone chime in on that?

2. Would there be other, better options over the Prevails? Possibly Tena Super or Abena?

3. Is there a cost effective option that might handle three or more wettings?

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

First off i welcome you to the site and . Now to answer or moreless suggest abena L4 can and will handle 3 wettings reasonably may i suggest Dry24/7 large would also be a good choice and you can find both of them here at www.xpmedical.com . I order through xp pretty frequently and am happy with the service i also use www.Bambinodiapers.com as well . Now i want to know why you think you need to wear xl diapers when you deffinately say that you can fit comfortable in larges i know not all diapers are made the same they all fit differently you can always get free samples as well to try each diaper.

My question about sizing stems from a couple sources of information. If I go strictly by waist size then most size charts will show large. Using the Prevail Breezers as an example they state large is for 45" to 58" waist, which I definitely fit into categorically. If you then look at the sizing matrix on the back of the package it takes into account height and weight. For the Breezers it shows extra large for anyone over around 240 lbs. and anyone over the height of 6'. It seems to me that this is because of the larger distance from waist to crotch on a guy like me.

All of that aside, with the breezers I do find myself wanting a little more overlap on the waist and and little more length from front to back. That's what got me thinking about trying a larger size in the first place.

Edit: Another source on sizing
    https://pathstonestore.org/EcumenPat...izingChart.pdf
    This chart would indicate that XL would probably be the best fit in a Tena brief. Thoughts?
    Last edited by JustSomeGuy; 01-Sep-2014 at 13:49. Reason: adding information

Not to interrupt this thread, but when you get a chance, please take a few seconds to start a new thread and introduce yourself here: Newbies Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    Not to interrupt this thread, but when you get a chance, please take a few seconds to start a new thread and introduce yourself here: Newbies Thanks!
    http://www.adisc.org/forum/showthrea...32#post1222332

Done! Sorry for my omission.

Quote Originally Posted by OtherJake View Post
    Done! Sorry for my omission.
    Beautiful intro! Thanks!

Thanks Zipperless, I'm excited to be here! So... Anyone have any insight into my sizing dilemma?

Most products that you'll find in stores will get you the same results. These are made as a economic version. They don't have many features. I also know that the padding is like a sponge. When you squeeze it, you can see the liquid. If you expect to not pay more, you won't have many options as far as quality goes. Premium diapers do hold considerably more. They contain odor much better. They are more comfortable.

You should consider some premium diapers. Especially if you're wearing overnight. One brand to check out is Dry 24/7. They have a higher rise overall. I am 6' and weigh about 230lbs. I have a 38 inch waist. Their mediums fit me and have a great rise. I'm sure their large will suit you just fine.

Also XL diapers don't extend the rise by much, most companies just extend the wings.

Another brands to try that is in the middle in quality would be Tranquility. They are priced right and have features that make it worth the price. They'll hold more, but not much. You can also consider booster pads to increase capacity.

What is your waist size? You haven't mentioned that yet.

Thanks for your insight!

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    What is your waist size? You haven't mentioned that yet.
    When I measure the proper way my waist is around 50".

You may want to consider Abre form xl, dry 24/7 large, molicare, Tranquillity smart core or ATN have xl and xl+, and Wellness Suerio XL. Hope this helps.