Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Commodore 64 Reviews

Default Commodore 64 Reviews

I am a close to professional videographer with green screen, purple screen, chroma key technology. Along with professional audio equipment etc.

I am planning to start filming a new Commodore 64 themed channel on Youtube. It will start talking about this system itself and then each consecutive episode will involve a game, program, or hardware.

I am looking for anyone willing to help with the show, ideas, audio, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Retro64Reviews

The channel IS set up but nothing is filmed yet. I plan on doing a really amazing impossible mission video with green screen in which I am INSIDE the game.

I also will do something similar for other games.

Any ideas?

Here is a DEMO of the Theme Song for the show:

Sung by me, using the SID audio from ZUUL.

https://soundcloud.com/babymitchy/re...-by-babymitchy

I'm glad I dropped back to Off Topic from my normal Computers haunt, this is a nifty concept.

Perhaps review the machine itself as an introduction, then move into some of the iconic software like GeOS (the C64's podunk answer to the Mac) and some of the myriad games that came out for it (Ultima, the Epyx olympics titles, Pitstop etc)

Great theme song too - and an equally great follow up 'Dildo Factory' :P

Very cool idea. Commodore 64 was my first computer system that I ever got to use. I was really little at the time that we got it. It was a couple of years before I was really able to use it. LOL, we had our hooked up to a black and white TV, I was pretty old before I realized that the games I played were actually in color. Ahh the games from my youth, "Tooth Invaders", "Alf in the Color Caves", "Bubble Burst", and a bunch of other ones. (Don't make fun of me or my games, I was really little. Too young for a lot of the games.)

Quote Originally Posted by BabyMitchy View Post
    I am a close to professional videographer with green screen, purple screen, chroma key technology. Along with professional audio equipment etc.

I am planning to start filming a new Commodore 64 themed channel on Youtube. It will start talking about this system itself and then each consecutive episode will involve a game, program, or hardware.

I am looking for anyone willing to help with the show, ideas, audio, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Retro64Reviews

The channel IS set up but nothing is filmed yet. I plan on doing a really amazing impossible mission video with green screen in which I am INSIDE the game.

I also will do something similar for other games.

Any ideas?

Here is a DEMO of the Theme Song for the show:

Sung by me, using the SID audio from ZUUL.

https://soundcloud.com/babymitchy/re...-by-babymitchy
    Good Evening,

The COMMODORE 64 was an interesting Home Computer when it came out. I am not sure how many systems were sold. A Home Computer System I am familiar with is the Texas Instruments TI-99/4A, which was my younger brother's first computer. It used the 16-bit TMS9900 Microprocessor, whivh was a 64-pin "large" DIP, and the TI-99/4A only had a 16K Byte program memory for the BASIC Interpreter to utilize.

The school where I worked until December, and where my wife worked for 27 years had Commodores as their first computers. Those were eventually replaced by Apple 2e s, and then Macs. It's interesting trying to remember all the computer breakthroughs. I liked the Commodores and if I recall correctly, they may have been the first to have the learning game, Oregon Trail.

First commercial release was the Apple II in 1985. It was originally written and released to run on an HP 2100 Minicomputer in HP Time-Shared BASIC.

And I'm scared that I typed that BEFORE going to get the Wikipedia Link :P

NOTE: I may be a geek and nerd in regards to old systems.

Some updates:

I will be having a talking robot sidekick for the show. Not 100% certain of his demeanor or voice yet but he will be there to help with asking questions and comic relief.

Such as, in the first episode, he will complain about me and the commodore 64 which will be a lead in for the sort of mini documentary about the system.

I am also working on my costume as the nerdy commodore character. I am considering my options. Maybe I'll wear a bow tie.

Bow ties are cool.

I like it mitch the idea of seeing a system that old again would be cool especially by someone who knows about the darn things in my elementary school growing up we had the first apple 2's with Oregon trail al that.

Btw I have seen all your videos even before I joined here they are all cool especially the one about the video game that was used as an ashtray LOL but yeah definitely do some more videos!

I have an Idea!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ideaman.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	21794

I am working on the robot now. I've decided on multiple robots being introduced slowly into the episodes. I filled in some major plot holes for the first episode. Might be able to start filming soon although the show is far from being released as I plan on filming the whole season of roughly 16 episodes.

This reminds me of the bots in Mystery Science 3000. I have some of those shows on DVD. Lots of fun!