Thread: Malaysia Airlines

Post Malaysia Airlines

I just gotta bring this up.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/29/bu...grow.html?_r=0

The company is taking a heavy loss this year. Do I blame the families? No. MH370 is unconfirmed that it was either pilot error or mechanical failure, and MH17 wasn't the airliner's fault even thou everyone is pinning bad rep's against the airline company. People had seats upgraded to first class and huge planes like A380's and B-777's are almost plain empty. MAS is having a rough year and it isn't going to feel better for a long while. Once everything is calm they will slowly get their customers back...or not. Let's face it I feel bad for both the planes and the families on board and I give out my full peace and hope both are solved completely.

I'm using resources from wikipedia because 1: They were protected at the time, and 2: Data is old so it's complete evidence of the incidents, except the MAS incidents that is getting fresh data.

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370

Malaysia Airlines Flight 17

Both 777's which are amazing aircraft (But I also like the A380-800's better) can pilot through the worst case scenario's like weather and turbulence and remain on course and is the most advance aircraft this world has to offer.

If the airline company has 1 more accident this year, you might as well kiss the company good-bye for a long time. They will probably close the company for a long while *maybe not permanently* A lot of people are going to lose their jobs for that and I feel devastated over that. Several crew members moved their positions to other airline companies

I think the families are suffering more than me and I sometimes get nervous over this since I'm in Aviation in College as a Captain or First Officer of American Airlines or US Airways (I want QANTAS because of safety record but I'm not Australian, can't join I already looked it up) Sigh...I'm completely aghast.

Malaysia isn't the worst airliner company in the world and have no hopes of being the 1st so I'm not going to rant over that. Malaysia isn't like Air France because all crashes from Air France (About 90%) involve complete fatalities meaning all on board is killed. Malaysia has a better record than a lot of other Airlines out there but I don't see how they are going to recover these tragedy's.

Another thing like the former airliners like TWA, Pan Am, and other Companies that have been retired wasn't as bad as Malaysia right now...except the TWA incident which brought up major media speculation.

TWA Flight 800(1996)

And the single Aircraft disaster in history (JAL is still in service)

Japan Airlines Flight 123

Does anyone think MAS will be recovered over time?
    Last edited by Snivy; 29-Aug-2014 at 04:04.

After the revamp, maybe people will be less inclined to avoid it, and little by little i could see a recovery being possible...but only time will tell.
    Overcoming all the hysteria created by the media isn't going to be an easy thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    ....and MH17 wasn't the airliner's fault even thou everyone is pinning bad rep's against the airline company.
    Indeed. There where a number of factors arguable, but in no way can MA be blaimed.

As for your question, no I don;t think they are getting through this on their own. But MA is the flag carrier of Malaysia, so government support is not impossible, perhaps combined with a name change. They just fired 5000 personnel if I recall correctly. And the most important factor being that they already had financial problems before MH17.

And although MA is in no way completely to be blaimed (one can argue they could have discussed certain area's where best not to come, it wasn;t unknown Russia was giving weapons, and several planes where downed there before), the name is just linked to two very bad accidents.

In which the first also let a lot of uncorfirmed reports surface. I am saying unconfirmed, because I will not vouch for their authenticity. In any case, there where rumours they didn't take procedures very seriously. Like letting people into the cockpit during flight, and that sort of stuff. I'm not saying this doesn't happen with any other carrier, but now that they are in the spotlights, bad things are bound to surface.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyTyrant View Post
    After the revamp, maybe people will be less inclined to avoid it, and little by little i could see a recovery being possible...but only time will tell.
    Overcoming all the hysteria created by the media isn't going to be an easy thing to do.
    Malaysia Airlines is publicly owned. The question isn't whether a recovery is possible. It's how strong a chance investors feel they have to recoup sunk costs from stock purchase by the company continuing to exist versus being cannibalized for its assets. The more that shareholders pull out, the more the market will favor the latter.

I would never personally fly it, just because of what happened, I'd be too scared. I don't know if it can make a full recovery, but its now in the process of getting a bailout so maybe it will be able to turn itsself around. I would say its highly unlikely that it would be purchased and broken up for its assets at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by farmgirl View Post
    I would never personally fly it, just because of what happened, I'd be too scared. I don't know if it can make a full recovery, but its now in the process of getting a bailout so maybe it will be able to turn itsself around. I would say its highly unlikely that it would be purchased and broken up for its assets at this point.
    You still have 1 in a 25 million chance of dying in an aircraft. It's extremely rare now that planes fall from the sky. It's not the era when 1970-1990 where a plane would go down once a month for mechanical failures or pilot error.

You would be safe on any aircraft. The only thing that will get your anxiety levels very high is turbulence but that is natural. MH370 well, nobody knows what happened but MH17 this was very unexpected even for the Ukraine V.S. Russia. I promise you would be safe.

Even if you would be in a situation normally they would find a alternative airport like they always do. Malaysia "As I quoted last" isn't as bad as any other airlines. Some of the airlines are freaking crazy like "American Airlines", "Ethiopian Airlines", and so on with bad histories. There are actually some very safe airlines you can fly even still plane tickets still vary.

Thousands of people fly to and from everyday and this isn't a Y2K situation where everything will just fall out of the sky (If that was the case my ass would be in my bed watching and singing this song.
    Your safe.

I would never personally fly it, just because of what happened, I'd be too scared.
    I would take the opposite standpoint. Right now, MA is probably the safest airline in the world.
    Last edited by AEsahaettr; 31-Aug-2014 at 01:30.

Quote Originally Posted by AEsahaettr View Post
    I would take the opposite standpoint. Right now, MA is probably the safest airline in the world.
    Told ya, this guy says the same thing
    Last edited by HogansHeroes; 31-Aug-2014 at 19:23. Reason: fixing quote tags

I know it probably is, I'd just be too scared of flying it. Its the thing like although accidents and plane crashes are very rare, they did happen twice to Malaysia airlines, and they become a possibility in your mind when thinking about flying MA, when normally they don't if you fly another airline. You also kind of think that its a conspiracy involving them too, as crazy as it sounds.

I really like that song

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    be in my bed watching and singing this song

i know it probably is, i'd just be too scared of flying it. Its the thing like although accidents and plane crashes are very rare, they did happen twice to malaysia airlines, and they become a possibility in your mind when thinking about flying ma, when normally they don't if you fly another airline. You also kind of think that its a conspiracy involving them too, as crazy as it sounds.

I really like that song
    yay!