Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone tried or use a weighted blanket?

Default Anyone tried or use a weighted blanket?

I ordered this one from this site, the fabric looks pretty soft from the pictures they show.
    That was the littlest looking blanket that I liked and was still pre made in the size I wanted.

http://www.mosaicweightedblankets.co...ghted-blanket/

I am hoping it will help with my sleeping problems/depression
    I already practically burrow under my blankets and pillows, something about being under everything is comforting for me and I figured I could wrap up in it when I start to feel bad and things get overwhelming.
    I bought the large one that's 20lbs it was kind of expensive but it will be worth every penny if it helps.

Has anyone else here ordered anything from this site?
    If you use or tried a weighted blanket how did you like it?
    Last edited by wyatt; 26-Aug-2014 at 08:05.

My friend has a weighted blanket. I got to sleep with it once and it was really nice. His family has one too because one of their kids has a bit of a mental condition and it helps him a lot.

I've heard about those before. It would be nice to try one to see if it helps with my emotional problems but it's far out of my price range.

Babies find it emotionally supportive to be wrapped snugly, and a weighted blanket can provide that snugness. This experience could work also for those of who are older.

I would really like a weighted blanket. The cost is a bit much.

I purchased a queen sized weighted blanket that weighs 19 pounds. I love it, and have been sleeping with it (as needed) for nearly 3 years now.

I'm not sure about weighted blankets, though they do sound good. I do remember, after rehab, I had a nasty toothache...really bad one...tears and everything. My lovely wife swaddled me in a thick comforter to the point I couldn't move and held me all night until I could get my water pik at my apartment the next day. It really worked. Massive pain, but for some reason it was so comforting. And this was before she knew about my diapers. Now that I think about it, we weren't even married. I'd buy it. I swaddle myself when she's gone sometimes, although without the maternal aspect, it just ain't the same.

Quote Originally Posted by mommyslittlewyatt View Post
    I ordered this one from this site, the fabric looks pretty soft from the pictures they show.
    That was the littlest looking blanket that I liked and was still pre made in the size I wanted.

http://www.mosaicweightedblankets.co...ghted-blanket/

I am hoping it will help with my sleeping problems/depression
    I already practically burrow under my blankets and pillows, something about being under everything is comforting for me and I figured I could wrap up in it when I start to feel bad and things get overwhelming.
    I bought the large one that's 20lbs it was kind of expensive but it will be worth every penny if it helps.

Has anyone else here ordered anything from this site?
    If you use or tried a weighted blanket how did you like it?
    I myself have a heavy pure wool blanket I purchased from MacAusaland's Mill in Bloomfield, PEI, Canada.

Very comforting to snuggle under.

We usually have a thick comforter on our bed, especially during the winter. I always enjoy it. I've never heard of a weighted blanket until now, but it does sound comforting.