Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Love/Hate relationship with diapers

Default Love/Hate relationship with diapers

Anyone else have a love/hate relationship with their diapers? I have incontinence so a lot of days I really wish I could have a choice in the matter and not have to deal with diaper changes day in and day out. Other times, I love my diapers and really enjoy the feeling of wearing them.... so I can see why diaper lovers exist. And hey, if people want to think diapers are attractive on women, more power to them Sometimes I'm a diaper lover too, but other times I am more of a diaper accepter, or a diaper tolerator. or even a diaper hater.

One time recently, we were on vacation, and husband was in charge of taking care of my health stuff. But he was busy fixing my meds and my diaper was leaking all over my clothes. And so a friend (who isn't usually a caregiver to me) took care of it with a smile. It was like getting a hug.

Another time, I was at my husband's relatives' house and she has 2 twins, 6 years old. I pooped in my diaper and one of the kids said "IT SMELLS LIKE POOP OVER HERE. I THINK YOU NEED A CHANGE" right in front of some other people who weren't aware of my incontinence. He didn't mean to make a faux-pas, but OMG I was embarrassed.

I gotta say this real quick but I'm not trying to sound harsh. You've been here for 3 days and you've made 7 threads already. I'm not saying this is bad, I'm just saying it seems to be taking up quite a few boards and lots of attention. The only reason I bring this up is, I know that people like to role-play on sites when they're bored or just for attention, which just ruins it; I sincerely hope you're not one of those people and I don't mean to come off as ignorant just the same. I'm glad you've joined and hope it's everything you you've been looking for, I just wanted you to see how it looks from our end.

That being said, welcome to Adisc, and I love my diapers and hate I can't wear them more often :P

Didn't realize there was a protocol for starting threads. I'm mostly just interested in seeing if they're anyone else out there who has a similar experience. Since you say you only enjoy wearing diapers, it doesn't sound like it

as a DL does LOVE the wearing but HATE the cleaning up part count?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by dadbro92 View Post
    I gotta say this real quick but I'm not trying to sound harsh. You've been here for 3 days and you've made 7 threads already. I'm not saying this is bad, I'm just saying it seems to be taking up quite a few boards and lots of attention. The only reason I bring this up is, I know that people like to role-play on sites when they're bored or just for attention, which just ruins it; I sincerely hope you're not one of those people and I don't mean to come off as ignorant just the same. I'm glad you've joined and hope it's everything you you've been looking for, I just wanted you to see how it looks from our end.

That being said, welcome to Adisc, and I love my diapers and hate I can't wear them more often :P
    Aw, don't be so mean! Take two of these:

As far the question goes, as I'm not IC I'm lucky that I can choose when I want to wear. If I had to wear all the time, it would drive me crazy very quickly. Sometimes I just don't need the hassle, sometimes I'm sort-of indifferent to diapers, and occasionally I feel so comfortable and relaxed that wearing one calms me down and has me sleeping like a baby!

Wanting to wear all the time and actually enjoying it all the time is probably a rarity for AB/DLs, I'd guess. I guess most people who choose to wear probably can't wear as much as they like, so they never end up crossing that love-hate divide.

Still, it's good to hear that at least sometimes you don't mind (or accept... or even enjoy) your diapers, OP!

Existential,

I understand what you mean by a love/hate relationship with diapers. I became incontinent as the result of an unexpected side effect of surgery when I was 14 years old. For the first 10 years or so, I absolutely hated needing to wear diapers, but then I matured and gradually became more tolerant of them. With the advent of the internet, I learned about the AB/DL world which I had never heard of before. It's sounds weird to say that I decided to try enjoying my diapers. But that's essentially what I did, and I discovered that I liked liking them. So over the past 20 years or so, I've gradually become a DL. Why suffer from incontinence if you can enjoy it?

Whatever makes you happy, I'm just sayin what it looks like. Do whatever you want, I can't stop you.

Quote Originally Posted by Inconinmiss View Post
    Existential,

I understand what you mean by a love/hate relationship with diapers. I became incontinent as the result of an unexpected side effect of surgery when I was 14 years old. For the first 10 years or so, I absolutely hated needing to wear diapers, but then I matured and gradually became more tolerant of them. With the advent of the internet, I learned about the AB/DL world which I had never heard of before. It's sounds weird to say that I decided to try enjoying my diapers. But that's essentially what I did, and I discovered that I liked liking them. So over the past 20 years or so, I've gradually become a DL. Why suffer from incontinence if you can enjoy it?
    I want to commend you for having an amazingly positive attitude. I've seen others on here who suffer great anquish over their need to use diapers. I'm glad you can find some way to make it a positive part of your life.

Lozza1979

I don't have a love/hate relationship with nappies, more of a love/hate relationship with my desire to wear them.Yes I like wearing nappies, the way they look and feel etc, but I also hate the way it has made my life so strange and feel like life would be easier without this.I can come out with all the bullshit justifications I like, for example, I do it in my own home, I'm not harming anyone by doing it etc.The fact still remains that my habit is disgusting, creepy and there's not real excuse for wearing them unless you have a medical reason.I'm not proud of the fact that I enjoy sitting in a wet nappy, basically a plastic bag full of my pee.If my friends, work colleagues and family found out I wore wet nappies they would think differently of me.If I have to hide my habit then surely that must be enough to suggest its not quite right.

I guess the short version of what I'm saying is although I like wearing nappies I also feel ashamed that I do.Just because I have the urge to wear them, it doesn't mean I have to.I have been thinking about quitting altogether and never looking back and living a normal life.It would be hard to go without after wearing 24/7 since Febuary this year and occasionally a few times before that, but I think I can quit if I wanted.I really like the feeling of wearing a nappy, but dislike the fact that I like it at the same time.

I think a good percentage of us have this love/hate relationship. I think it also is a large motivating factor of the binge/purge cycle that many of us have done, especially early on in our ab/dl life. Sometimes I go into my diaper closet and wonder why in the world do I wear these things. Knowing that if people knew what I wear instead of underwear most of the time, they'd be grossed out and probably end a lot of relationships. I have accepted my lifestyle to a degree, but it still does creep up once in a while. It also doesn't help that there are a lot of creepers also in the community. I recently decided to make a facebook profile for this side of me, pretty much disappointed with most of the members on there. Sometimes spending most of your time in this community on adisc only, gives you the impression that we can have intelligent and non-creepy interactions with one another. Also, watching the interactions with incontinent people on youtube and comments they get, its so bad that several have had to use some of their videos to address the problem of DLs. Many of them have such vitriol for us because of the creepers.