Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a strange question

Default a strange question

hi all

i was wondering if some poeple have the same problem as me when i wear a nappy all day that it chaffs on my inner thigh right at the top in the crease between my genitals and my thigh and it can get very sore. is there anyone suffers from this too and if so how can i stop it ?

i wear attend active slips

thanks in advance

I used to have that problem all the time. Best thing to do is just put A+D ointment right there. Eventually it becomes less and less of a problem from my experience, bet yeah, A+D ointment is great for that.

Wearing a onesie will also help stop the chafing there. If you're wearing out and about, just get a plain white or gray one and wear it as your undershirt. If you're going casual, just get a cute one and wear it as your shirt for the day. Either way, try a onesie.

Argh, that exact same problem has been killing me this year. The stitching in my padded cycling shorts suddenly seems tough and abrasive, and seems to take the skin off that area. After a week of not cycling, just being diapered overnight rubs the area raw again. Every time I jump in the shower (twice a day) it stings to high buggery.

Zinc oxide cream has helped a bit... but I think I'll just have to choose either a single bike ride or a single diaper per week till it heals. The year before last I rode my bike and wore diapers most of the time (not while cycling, of course!) and didn't have a problem. Grumble, grumble...

I guess I have tough skin. I never have a problem with chafing. I think I have only have had diaper rash once or twice and the was due to not changing right away after #2 which a rarely do. My diaper sessions almost always end with a shower and I very rarely wear more than 2 diapers in a row without a shower in between.

I dealt with this for awhile myself. I'd go through on and off times of that sensitivity. Usually if I just was a bit more careful with my skin and keeping extra clean, it'd clear up after a few days. But then finally I got it where it simply would NOT go away and was getting worse. (two weeks running, I was miserable, finally I was having problems walking due to the rubbing pain)

Yeast infection. The short of it is that yeast is all over, and is opportunistic. If you damage or irritate your skin, you invite it in to make trouble. If you can't push it back, it'll dig in and be difficult to get rid of. Common to get down by the thighs, and also in armpits and obese people get it in their fat folds. Rubbing skin irritates it and lets in yeaste that take root. That irritates the skin more and makes it perspire, and that folded skin traps the moisture, encouraging the yeaste. The only way to get rid of it is to dry it out or go with chemicals.

I tried lotions and powders. Talc on irritated skin is REALLY bad news, don't even go there. Dried out my skin but instant eccema, more painful than the yeast. Lots of cornstarch seemed to be helping, but while it provided short-term relief, the problem wasn't going away - maybe getting worse. Lotion actually was pretty effective, but almost anything I tried would ruin the glue that holds the leg elastic and leak guard elastic to the diaper, and I'd end up with taught drawn strings of bare elastic down there, and that really digs up your skin fast. One weekend I focused intently on fixing the problem, keeping mountains of lotion down there at all times to prevent friction and try to drown whatever it was out. ALMOST had it licked come monday. Went to work. By the time I got home, it was back with a vengence.

So lotion with diapers that have leak guards resistant to the lotion, or NO leak guards, works pretty well. But you can't slop on much lotion during the day, that only worked at night, and then by the next evening I was back where I started after a day in cornstarch.

I finally decided maybe it was fungal. (yeaste or something else) I went to the drugstore and got some zeesorb. Generics with "miconazole nitrate" are cheaper. It's that plus talc. With that I got some antifungal creme, they come in little tubes.

Yeast infection. The short of it is that yeast is all over, and is opportunistic. If you damage or irritate your skin, you invite it in to make trouble. If you can't push it back, it'll dig in and be difficult to get rid of. Common to get down by the thighs, and also in armpits and obese people get it in their fat folds. Rubbing skin irritates it and lets in yeaste that take root. That irritates the skin more and makes it perspire, and that folded skin traps the moisture, encouraging the yeaste. The only way to get rid of it is to dry it out or go with chemicals.

Two days of the creme and my skin was no longer tender. It still looked a bit off, red with an obvious sore crease. So I switched to the zeesorb during the day since my skin was healthy enough to tolerate the talc.

It's been about 3 months now, and I use zeesorb every day, just a light dash down both valleys before diapering up, to prevent a comeback. Cornstarch or talc over and around that and everywhere else. You can get good deals on 5-6pk of the stuff on amazon. If you don't dump it on it lasts quite awhile.

I also read several (unprofessional) reports that yeast can feed on talc. So neither talc nor cornstarch is really a good thing to use to try to dry it out once it gets going.

Good luck fixing your skin. I'm quite happy to have fixed mine.

I wore a Bambino to an anime con once... My inner leg was so raw that Gordon Ramsay commented on it.

A good rule of thumb is always have something to change into because in my experience diapers tend to settle. It's also worse when you're walking a lot.

I mostly try to be extra careful about rashes and other skin problems. I've got out for walks or jogs in diapers and don't get much chaffing (lucky!), but I don't do that in any kind of regular way. The main thing I've done is if I'm getting any kind of rash, redness, itchiness, whatever, I'll take a couple days off from any diapers until it clears up. Head it off at the pass, so to speak.

I find that with the cloth-like disposables, there is less chafing. Either that or I use cloth with a PUL backing

I just get a little dry at the top of my crack in back. I use A&D and everything gets better overnight. My husband hasn't worn in years and is still using the creams.