Thread: Greetings

Default Greetings

As for me...just a fella from the 4 corners. I finished college 4 years ago, working now, though not in my field of study. I am fascinated by appearances and perceptions. I find that if you pay a little attention you can get most of the answers youíre looking for. Sometimes Iím a bit too honest. Sometimes really silly, most times pretty serious. Iím old school about manners and properness. Semi-gnostic, semi-theist; wonít find it in a book. Iíve been told I make people feel comfortable, probably because I feel it would be hypocritical of me to be judgmental. I went vegan a while ago and itís been an AWESOME ride. Itís changed my thinking for the better about more things than I expected. Still miss Pepperoni pizza, though.

I discovered diapers are my thing in high school, 12-ish years ago. Diapers just feel right. When times are tough, when I have a moment alone, when I'm feeling ďfriskyĒ. Some blogger put it well: It's like someone is giving you a really big hug that never ends. It's a sexual thing and a comfort thing. I donít have the words to describe the comfort part accurately but if you do it then you know the feeling. Like a really big hug that never ends, I guess. I like that itís taboo. I like that itís private. I like that itís cute. I like the vulnerability. Not 24/7 and no desire to be. Some things are easier without diapers.

I have a few things Iím into in day to day life. I put up a solid list on my profile. I can chatter your ear off talking about any of those topics and pursuits. Iíd rather not get into much here as Iíve been pretty long winded already. The physical things are those I actively am involved in and the others are mostly just where my thoughts drift to. Psychology was my major. Skiing is my bread and butter. Iím a nerd with internet access so when I find something interesting I find out everything I can about it and absorb a lot of trivia along the way.

I've come through here before but never stayed long. Recently came back and actually paid a bit of attention. This place comes to rest in a lovely sweet spot of context and purpose. Perhaps I can be a part of it. If you play a game long enough you should be moving up though the levels, right? It would be nice to be around people and have nothing to hide and not have to worry about them looking at you funny or thinking less of you. I canít believe ďnormalĒ people could be as accepting of this as Iíd like them to be. The big secret I keep is the one thing uniting us here. Imagine if you were out with some of your friends and someone cracks an inside joke about diapers and you all chuckle as if it were nothing. How nice would that be? Iíd like to think this might be the next best thing.

SoÖhey-hey!

Welcome 3rook! That was an excellent introduction. I looked at your interests and between all the physical things you do and your vegan lifestyle, you sound pretty healthy! You sound like you will be an excellent addition to the community. Please feel free to jump in on any thread that interest you. We like long winded, open minded people here!

Many thanks. I got a little too healthy this summer, slimmed down more than I would like running around all the time. What does Zipperless refer to, if I may axe?

Hello 3Rooks and welcome to the group.

Very nice introduction.

I lived in the Arizona part of the four corners on the Hopi Indian reservation. It is hard to convince people of the diverse beauty of that area. If you do not like the heat then wait for the evenings. If you want to know what damn cold is then stay there for the winter. I do miss the people of that area every so often.

Again welcome to the group.

Welcome...If I hadn't been to Four Corners before I might have wondered where the heck you were from. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    Hello 3Rooks and welcome to the group.

Very nice introduction.

I lived in the Arizona part of the four corners on the Hopi Indian reservation. It is hard to convince people of the diverse beauty of that area. If you do not like the heat then wait for the evenings. If you want to know what damn cold is then stay there for the winter. I do miss the people of that area every so often.

Again welcome to the group.
    Indeed a very naturally beautiful state. I've only been through here and there a few times but it reminds me of paintings. I understood immediately why there is so much artwork that comes out of the 4 corners region.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Rooks View Post
    Indeed a very naturally beautiful state. I've only been through here and there a few times but it reminds me of paintings. I understood immediately why there is so much artwork that comes out of the 4 corners region.
    I always thought the lighting storm pictures that are on the net every so often are feck or cropped, until I went through the summer there and three flash floods. They are nothing like the stuff they show on National Geographic's.

I now know that what I learned about Arizona is the "world according to Phoenix" That area is way more beautiful then the drab around the Phoenix basin.

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    I always thought the lighting storm pictures that are on the net every so often are feck or cropped, until I went through the summer there and three flash floods. They are nothing like the stuff they show on National Geographic's.

I now know that what I learned about Arizona is the "world according to Phoenix" That area is way more beautiful then the drab around the Phoenix basin.
    I have a buddy down there and there was some flooding very recently. He says the same thing "you would not believe it". Could I trouble you for a word or two about Washington? I've wanted to visit Washington and Oregon for a while now. I'm a forest dweller. Might finally stop putting it off this year and come up for a week in the fall. Is that a good time of the year to come up? Much colored leafyness to take in?

Quote Originally Posted by 3Rooks View Post
    I have a buddy down there and there was some flooding very recently. He says the same thing "you would not believe it". Could I trouble you for a word or two about Washington? I've wanted to visit Washington and Oregon for a while now. I'm a forest dweller. Might finally stop putting it off this year and come up for a week in the fall. Is that a good time of the year to come up? Much colored leafyness to take in?
    Eastern Washington and Oregon are very much like where you are at.

Western Washington and Oregon are very beautiful year round. There is some color in the fall around late October, but there is also different colors in the late winter too. As far as the coast goes. I think the Oregon Coast is much more scenic then Washington. But up North of Seattle there is some great spots for ocean type climates.

There always seems to be a festival of some sort going on anytime of the year, but if you want to experience harvest festival's or Oktoberfest then it is pretty much take your pick they are all good and offer something different. The best fall trip that my family likes to do is the Apple drive. In September into October but not too late and dive the Columbia River Gorge on both sides. The Washington side is very scenic and the return trip down the Oregon side we stop at the apple orchards and then along the river the Indians are selling fresh salmon plus the view is just as pretty as the other side.

In October I am meeting my dive buddy on the Little Salmon river and we are going to do a drift dive with the salmon. IT has been 10 years since we did it the last time and it is an exciting time to be down with 50-60 lb. Chinook salmon. This time I have my own camera.