Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Video Games Made Into Movies

Default Video Games Made Into Movies

What is your favorite one of them? What video game, that you have played, should be made into a movie? Anything else can be posted here dealing with this topic!!

I've yet to see a really good game based movie. I guess I found Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children to be pretty good. And the Resident Evil titles were enjoyable for the moment.

I'm having a hard time seeing what games could be turned into movies without loosing to much of their feel. I mean, I'd love seeing Zelda or Kingdom Hearts on the big screen, but I don't think it'd really work.

Zelda on the big screan not working! It's the perfect story! Boy starts a journy, boy meats princes, princes gets captured, boy turnes into hero, boy saves princes. If you don't think it will work, just look up the preview for the zelda movie on youtube. It's unfortunatly a fake, but it still lookes so cool!

My favorite was the Fanal Fantacy movie. I've never chosen to see it, but I've seen it four times and been glad I did every time. The action in that movie is better than I've ever seen, and the final swordfight between Cloud and Seferoth (cant spell it) was just too cool. My jaw drops every time.

Default Call of Duty

Any of the titles in the Call of Duty Series would make good action/war movies. Three and Four are pretty cinematic in mature anyway. I haven't played World at War yet, so IDK about that one. As long as they don't dick around with the plot like in Doom(They were demons from Hell, dammit!) did.

Grand Theft Auto would make a good movie as well. GTA4 I thought had a really good, if somewhat implausible story. And they'd need to cut out a lot of the extraneous stuff, which is really where they'd make or break it.
    Last edited by dcviper; 19-Jan-2009 at 12:55. Reason: typos...grrrr

Mesmerale

Hehe... Super Smash Brothers should be a movie... In the viewpoint of Mario.

That'd be so awesome...

Quote Originally Posted by link View Post
    Zelda on the big screan not working! It's the perfect story! Boy starts a journy, boy meats princes, princes gets captured, boy turnes into hero, boy saves princes. If you don't think it will work, just look up the preview for the zelda movie on youtube. It's unfortunatly a fake, but it still lookes so cool!

My favorite was the Fanal Fantacy movie. I've never chosen to see it, but I've seen it four times and been glad I did every time. The action in that movie is better than I've ever seen, and the final swordfight between Cloud and Seferoth (cant spell it) was just too cool. My jaw drops every time.
    Mmmm Meat.

Also, there'd be one flaw with a Zelda movie: Link would have to talk.

The same would hold true for a Half-Life movie, though that'd be neat as well.

Quote Originally Posted by link View Post
    I have to stand by that I don't think it would work. At least not without a huge budget and really great writers/director/cast.

It's a classic story, I'll give you that. The thing is we've seen it in movies so many times before. I fear that a Zelda movie would just turn into that tired old tale with nothing new if most people got their hands on it. Sure, it could turn out to be a great movie, but chances are it would just be a huge disappointment. Like the mock trailer you mentioned. It looks just like what I fear a live action Zelda would look like.

I think that every video game made into a movie has sucked...There was talk of a Halo and Metroid movie...But I don't know if they're still doing that...