Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thead about "Why do we do this?"

Default Thead about "Why do we do this?"

It thought there was a thread around here somewhere titled "Why do we do this?". The dicussion is why various people are ABDL and what they think lead up to it, if anything.

Can someone help me find that thread?

Searching on these keywords yielded not results.

I remember it as well. The only one I found was this one http://www.adisc.org/forum/showthrea...y-are-we-AB-DL. I don't think it's the right one though, sorry

Sorry I'm not to the level for link to work .
    So I took it off.
    Use tag word why then click why do you wear diapers then search.

I've seen several of those threads around, just hit up the search engine and you will find them!

But honestly, every time I see someone ask why do we do this I think... Why not?

If nobody has replied to the old one, you can start it back up. Though, as with many others, I've stopped bothering to try and explain. We think that it's needs justification because it's unusual, but it's an activity preference that's built pretty deeply into people, and it's not really any different than trying to explain why you like your favorite cereal, or why some people like blond hair and others like dark hair. It just is.

Pretty sure it's a chemical imbalance or some sort of neurological screw-up that happens when we're around 1-2 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by quartz200420012 View Post
    Pretty sure it's a chemical imbalance or some sort of neurological screw-up that happens when we're around 1-2 years old.
    I haven't heard that before. What makes you think that?

Quote Originally Posted by BouncyBoy View Post
    I haven't heard that before. What makes you think that?
    It's the only logical thing I can think of. What else would trigger someone to become an AB/DL(outside of the realm of those that have been abused or have incontinence). For my experience I was like 3-4 when I figured out that something was different about me.

I came to being an Adult Baby because of severe childhood abuse and neglect. Being a disabled child I should have gotten lots of support and nurturing when I was a child, but I did not. I had to be the babysitter to my younger non-disabled brother, and had to "raise myself", whenever my late Dad was at work. I also had to function as a mental hospital back-ward orderly to care for my late Mom who was profoundly mentally ill. Yes, I had toys, and food, and a roof over my head, but I did not really have a childhood.

I only feel "well and whole" emotionally when I regress every day to being a baby.