Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are Aww So Cute Diapers Worth the Money?

Default Are Aww So Cute Diapers Worth the Money?

I'm looking at these Aww So Cute diapers currently. I just ordered som Bambino Classicos which came to $1.60 per diaper when buying buy the case with free shipping. These Aww So Cute diapers are only sold by the bag of 10 for $25. 4 bags with shipping comes out to $145 which is a $3.63 per diaper cost. That is over twice a Bambino.

Ability and justification are two different things in finances. I have the means but are they really worth the extra cost?

I find them very similar to Bambinos, although they lack an elastic waistband but the print is all over rather than just on the taping panel. They're not worth the extra expense in my book. I've bought them before and might buy them again but they won't get the kind of business as Bambino from me and it's all based on the price.

Quote Originally Posted by bAByTiffany View Post
    I have the means but are they really worth the extra cost?
    They're pretty hard to beat for AB appearance. If that's what you're looking for, they may be worth it. If you're just looking for a good performing diaper with decent AB looks, stick with your Bambinos.

Cushies are also targetted specifically at the AB market, and are cheaper. Although they're quite different than ASC, it's the same thing - lower performance, better looks. And they're cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    They're pretty hard to beat for AB appearance. If that's what you're looking for, they may be worth it. If you're just looking for a good performing diaper with decent AB looks, stick with your Bambinos.

Cushies are also targetted specifically at the AB market, and are cheaper. Although they're quite different than ASC, it's the same thing - lower performance, better looks. And they're cheaper.
    Those bears are pretty bug-eyed. I find them funny but lacking in terms of the ultimate AB diaper. I'm stumped as to why they didn't use the cuter bear from their own logo.

I would say it depends on how much extra money you have to spend. If things are tight and you have to really save your pennies to afford them you will probably be disappointed. While they are cute and perform well they are not the ultimate AB diaper in my opinion. A similar diaper at a lower price would be a better value and a more satisfying purchase if you are low on funds. However if you have a couple extra bucks to throw around why not give them a shot they are definitely not the worst diaper out there and variety is the spice of life lol.

IMHO I would say generally 'yes, but only just so'.

They happen to have somewhat of a low SAP to cotton ratio, which makes them quite absorbent and they happen to distribute wetness better than any premium diaper I know; even better than bambino.

Unfortunately because of their low SAP to cotton ratio they don't "lock in" moisture; so you will feel wet. I've also had issues where after some time the padding in the front would slump down when wet, leaving the top front with a lack of padding.

Like most material things it all comes down to personal preference. Personally I completely dislike the designs for ASC diapers. They just don't seem right to me. I like the footed PJ's (though I wish they had pockets) but not the diaper designs. I haven't tried them so cannot speak on quality. However, I think Cuddlz has a good diaper look and quality. Not on the same par as Bambinos (probably the gold standard of cuteness mixed with quality) in terms of quality, but I love the designs much more than the bambino bellisimos. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKid25 View Post
    but I love the designs much more than the bambino bellisimos. Just my 2 cents.
    Tried the teddy? those have a very nice look and the liner is a bit softer than the bellisimo

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    Tried the teddy? those have a very nice look and the liner is a bit softer than the bellisimo
    You know, I've been eyeballing the teddies but haven't actually given them a shot. I do REALLY enjoy the simple but adorable look they have. Just need to hold out til I get a good sized pay check before I order some.