Thread: Long-time Logistics

Default Long-time Logistics

I'm needing a diaper solution that lasts a long time, longer than 12 hours between changes. I wear Dry 24/7, but given that I use them when delivering newspapers from my car, they take a lot of abuse shifting around in the seat, delivering papers out of both passenger and driver-side windows.

I'm now doing other routes along with that one, and need to find a better solution. I've thought of using a booster. I've thought of using a pad inside my diaper, removing it half-way through my day. And I've thought of just using premium pads, which are much more easily changed along the way.

I think I have to try the pads alone, without my diaper over them, just to see how they work. What do you folks think?

I would give the premium pads a try. Inside your underwear they are easy to change. I've worn the Tena Ultimates and Poise Hour Glass
    Ultimates in the past and they're easy to change.

Quote Originally Posted by PFD View Post
    I'm needing a diaper solution that lasts a long time, longer than 12 hours between changes. I wear Dry 24/7, but given that I use them when delivering newspapers from my car, they take a lot of abuse shifting around in the seat, delivering papers out of both passenger and driver-side windows.

I'm now doing other routes along with that one, and need to find a better solution. I've thought of using a booster. I've thought of using a pad inside my diaper, removing it half-way through my day. And I've thought of just using premium pads, which are much more easily changed along the way.

I think I have to try the pads alone, without my diaper over them, just to see how they work. What do you folks think?
    I have done the 12 hour thing and I would tell you its not a good idea. I got a resistant yeast infection and had to go to the doctor. No matter what combination of diaper you use you will end up sitting in a lot of putrid urine. If you must go this route I would try to drink only water.

A dry 24/7 or bambino bellisimo with one ore more Total Dry Ultra Boost Ups may do the trick.

I tried an Abena pad at home last night. It didn't stay put in the Abena pant. Perhaps they would work better in pants with built-in pockets to hold them. I'm going to go to a near-by truck stop and change into a fresh diaper there today.

Then there's the possibility of wearing the pad inside my diaper and removing it half-way through my route. The diaper would keep the pad in place.