Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Night's Review Of Twilight

Default Night's Review Of Twilight

Okay today for 2 hours I watch the movie....Twilight. The only reason why I watch it was to find out what the big deal was with it. As a movie it okay but not as good as the fangirls clam it to be so anyway here my review...

Warming Spoiler...

Well that twilight. The movie is okay but it way too overrated. Even after watching it, I still can't see why people are so obsessed with this movie. My guess is that people who want to see this move, are just going there to day dream about Edward Cullen and not actually pay attention to the movie itself. So anyway I wasted 3 hour of my life trying to load a movie that I only like to a point, so I giving it 3 out of 5 stars....Anyone else want to review this movie?

If you want to see a good vampire "romance" movie, watch Let The Right One In. It's a great movie, if you aren't the kind of person turned off by the idea of watching a movie with subtitles.

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    If you want to see a good vampire "romance" movie, watch Let The Right One In. It's a great movie, if you aren't the kind of person turned off by the idea of watching a movie with subtitles.
    Just in case you don't know, he wrote this because he hates all the twilight fangirls ruining the dark subcultures.

Cool, I need to check that one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Candyman View Post
    Just in case you don't know, he wrote this because he hates all the twilight fangirls ruining the dark subcultures.
    That and I like Vampire films too. The funny part is that I know people who hate vampire films but they like twilight because they claim it not a "vampire film" After watching twilight, I think might go and try finding Queen Of The Damned again.
    Last edited by Dream; 18-Jan-2009 at 23:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Okay today for 2 hours I watch the movie....Twilight. The only reason why I watch it was to find out what the big deal was with it. As a movie it okay but not as good as the fangirls clam it to be so anyway here my review...

Warming Spoiler...

Well that twilight. The movie is okay but it way too overrated. Even after watching it, I still can't see why people are so obsessed with this movie. My guess is that people who want to see this move, are just going there to day dream about Edward Cullen and not actually pay attention to the movie itself. So anyway I wasted 3 hour of my life trying to load a movie that I only like to a point, so I giving it 3 out of 5 stars....Anyone else want to review this movie?
    Your review was terrible.

Let me pick it apart for you.

As a Twilight fan, I'm going to agree with you and say that the movie wasn't the greatest. It followed the general plotline of the book... but they missed a lot of little things, which was pretty bad. They also had terrible graphics, due to the fact that they had a very low, low budget.

New Moon - which is the second book being made into a movie, I think, is going to be terrible. Catherine Hardwick, who was the director for Twilight (Who did a very good job with the resources they had) quit, becuase Summit wants to rush the movie, which is due for release the same time this November. The budget should have been doubled, if not tripled, considering how much Twilight made, and the following they have gathered, but the budget is still only at around 50 million. Considering they have to film in Italy as well, the time constraints and lack of money is really going to take a toll on the film. All in all Summit is treating the Twilight saga as nothing but a cash cow, which in turn is going to ruin the movie.

Twilight was made for the fans, Catherine Hardwick has said it a million and one times. If you haven't read the book, you are missing quite a bit, and you aren't going to get the full effect of the movie as a fan would. So I don't doubt that a non-fan would be confused, however, they have seemed to use the Nomads as a way to lure in vampire fans, not Twilight fans.

----

Also, to everyone who has gone crazy with their "I HATE TWILIGHT" brigade, I hope you realize how annoying you are. You complain about Mandy and I having name changes, and my signature and what-not.... but do you realize you're just as annoying, if not more, than I am when you go on and on and on about how stupid Twilight is, especially when you bring it up where Twilight wasn't even mentioned, or even thought of.

Also, a note from a "Twilight FanGirl"... I don't even like any other vampire things. I was recently book shopping, and vampire books are bountiful right now, but I didn't even bother reading the backs of most of them, because I don't really like vampires. I also don't like Rob Pattinson (the guy who plays Edward.) I like *Edward* as a fictional character, not the dude who plays him.

annierighthurr

Haha, all I can think of is the Southpark where the Goths hate it that they keep getting called Vampire kids so they try to wear normal clothes and then end up burning down hot topic

wouldnt call it romantic though. Maybe alittlebit since the young boy and girl becomes a couple, but its not like an romatic movie with Vampire theme added to it its more like a vampire movie wich the main characters get together. The movie is okay but IMO alittle over rated, like twilight! But you should read the book, you definitly understand more and learn more about the characters like (big spoiler ahead)
    yeah the book is alot better! so you should definitly read the book, I think it goes by the same name in English but or Let Me In, the remake I think is also going to be called Let Me In...remake oh my god,when will they ever stop when god when!?

Quote Originally Posted by Abby_Cullen View Post

Let me pick it apart for you.

As a Twilight fan, I'm going to agree with you and say that the movie wasn't the greatest. It followed the general plotline of the book... but they missed a lot of little things, which was pretty bad. They also had terrible graphics, due to the fact that they had a very low, low budget.

New Moon - which is the second book being made into a movie, I think, is going to be terrible. Catherine Hardwick, who was the director for Twilight (Who did a very good job with the resources they had) quit, becuase Summit wants to rush the movie, which is due for release the same time this November. The budget should have been doubled, if not tripled, considering how much Twilight made, and the following they have gathered, but the budget is still only at around 50 million. Considering they have to film in Italy as well, the time constraints and lack of money is really going to take a toll on the film. All in all Summit is treating the Twilight saga as nothing but a cash cow, which in turn is going to ruin the movie.

Twilight was made for the fans, Catherine Hardwick has said it a million and one times. If you haven't read the book, you are missing quite a bit, and you aren't going to get the full effect of the movie as a fan would. So I don't doubt that a non-fan would be confused, however, they have seemed to use the Nomads as a way to lure in vampire fans, not Twilight fans.

----

Also, to everyone who has gone crazy with their "I HATE TWILIGHT" brigade, I hope you realize how annoying you are. You complain about Mandy and I having name changes, and my signature and what-not.... but do you realize you're just as annoying, if not more, than I am when you go on and on and on about how stupid Twilight is, especially when you bring it up where Twilight wasn't even mentioned, or even thought of.

Also, a note from a "Twilight FanGirl"... I don't even like any other vampire things. I was recently book shopping, and vampire books are bountiful right now, but I didn't even bother reading the backs of most of them, because I don't really like vampires. I also don't like Rob Pattinson (the guy who plays Edward.) I like *Edward* as a fictional character, not the dude who plays him.
    Good Golly I love you Abby! You hit everything I was going to say!

Quote Originally Posted by Abby_Cullen View Post
    Thanks You

My review wan't supposed to be taken serious because here what happened. Yesterday around 2:00 am I decided to watch Twilight because I wanted to see what the big deal was with it and I found a copy of it on MegaVideo. But the problem with that is they only let you watch 70 minutes of it before you have to wait 50 minutes to watch the rest of it *Twilight is like a 2 hour movie = 120 min* So basically I said fuck it and went to bed and watch the rest when I woke up, so I didn't watch it in one setting, so that why I was off on some stuff.

I'm not saying that Twilight is a bad film, I actually somewhat like it, it was an okay film.

I thought the graphics wasn't that bad for a low budget film. Also look at the Harry Potter movies, they miss a lot of little things too in their movies as well even thought they follow the main plotline.

Well that because when a film because very popular, their going to milk the living shit out of it until people get tired of it and move on to the next thing. I seen this done before in one of my favorite films of all time, The Crow.

True, I never got around to reading the book but I did know a little bit about due to every girl I know talking about it. Btw they uses tha nomad to lure eveyone because if only twilight fan seen the film, the film won't have done as well as it did. I mean I didn't know anything about Twilight before the movie come out and eveyone was talking about it.

Okay, I been poking fun on how girl I know had been obsessed with this film because of Edward Cullen because it very annoying when you have to listen to girl fight over who going to be the next "Mrs. Cullen" and have his kids when he not even a real motherfucking person.

So to be fair, it annoying to complain about him and twilight while it just as annoying to be obsessed over him and twilight.

Would it kill you to hit the "s" key to make plural words, oh, I dunno, PLURAL. It makes your speech sound really broken, and annoying.

Thanks You

My review wan't supposed to be taken serious because here what happened. Yesterday around 2:00 am I decided to watch Twilight because I wanted to see what the big deal was with it and I found a copy of it on MegaVideo. But the problem with that is they only let you watch 70 minutes of it before you have to wait 50 minutes to watch the rest of it *Twilight is like a 2 hour movie = 120 min* So basically I said fuck it and went to bed and watch the rest when I woke up, so I didn't watch it in one setting, so that why I was off on some stuff.
    You should have asked. I have a link that you can watch it with as little wait time as youtube gives. I also have it on my computer, I could have sent it to you.

I thought the graphics wasn't that bad for a low budget film. Also look at the Harry Potter movies, they miss a lot of little things too in their movies as well even thought they follow the main plotline.
    The graphics weren't bad for a low budget plotline, but they *were* bad. For christ sakes you could see the contacts in Edwards eyes, RIGHT AFTER Bella asked if he was wearing contacts, and he said no.

Harry Potter movies miss a lot too, which annoys me as well.

Well that because when a film because very popular, their going to milk the living shit out of it until people get tired of it and move on to the next thing. I seen this done before in one of my favorite films of all time, The Crow.
    You're right, and I don't blame them for milking it for all it's worth, but they shouldn't compromise the quality of said film because of it. Take a look at Harry Potter, and even worse, High School Musical. They milked the shit out of both of those with merchandise, etc... but the films are still great. 'Specially Harry Potter, they took forever to come out... but the graphics are absolutely wonderful.

True, I never got around to reading the book but I did know a little bit about due to every girl I know talking about it. Btw they uses tha nomad to lure eveyone because if only twilight fan seen the film, the film won't have done as well as it did. I mean I didn't know anything about Twilight before the movie come out and eveyone was talking about it.
    No. Before the movie came out, the people who were going crazy about it were the Twilight fans, not joe schmoe on the street. If you take a look at the trailers they lure two audiences in (talking about NON-Twilight fans)
    a) Those who like romance stories.
    b) Those who like vampires.

Edward/Bella which is basically the entire plot line lure in the romance audience. While the final battle, and the nomads lure in those who enjoy vampire/action movies.

If you put a twilight trailer at the beginning of a rated R gory killing movie, or a Trekkie movie, most likely those people wouldn't bother seeing twilight. so no, the nomads don't appeal to everyone.

Okay, I been poking fun on how girl I know had been obsessed with this film because of Edward Cullen because it very annoying when you have to listen to girl fight over who going to be the next "Mrs. Cullen" and have his kids when he not even a real motherfucking person.
    So you know this girl who is crazy obsessed. Good for you. Don't judge every other fan of the book based on that one person. You have some sick obsession with the crow, which includes your signature, your incessant chatter about it, and even pictures of you dressed up as this character. I don't go on and on AND ON about how the Crow is stupid. Because if I did, that'd make me more annoying than you in the first place. So again, when people talk about how much they hate Twilight, they look like annoying idiots. And no Night, this isn't just about you, there are several members, and most of them are more annoying than you.

So to be fair, it annoying to complain about him and twilight while it just as annoying to be obsessed over him and twilight.
    That doesn't mean you aren't more annoying. =)