Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Too Tall To Be Cute?

Default Too Tall To Be Cute?

So, I am a very feminine male (why cant I just be a girl >.>). Ive been called a FemBoy many times because I absolutely LOVE cute things and I try my best to look cute too. The only problem is that I am actually a very tall individual standing at 6'3". I look even taller because I am thin with a really feminine frame. I try all kinds of things to appear shorter like wearing horizontally banded things, layering properly, jewelry, and even cutting my hair to make me look shorter. But I was recently told by someone that if only I were shorter, I could actually be cute. Naturally, this made me rather sad and made me think a little about if there really is a stigma when it comes to height and social acceptance/perspective of being cute.
    Thoughts?

Aww, it's terrible that someone would say that to you! That's really mean. Honestly, we get an idea in our head about what beauty means (and by extension, cuteness), but it's not necessarily true. A fat person can be beautiful. A person with short hair can be feminine. And a tall person can absolutely be cute!

The dictionary definition for "cute" is "attractive in a pretty or endearing way". Can a tall person be attractive in a pretty or endearing way? Absolutely! I think cuteness is really more about how you act and how you present yourself. Acting and looking cute can be done by a tall person, even if we automatically think of it as a short thing (probably because we tend to associate cuteness with children). It's all in the presentation, I say.

I think you're right in that we do have a stigma about tall people and cuteness. It's not one we tend to think of, but that just makes it a stronger stigma. Because you're right; I don't think I've ever seen any tall person in the media be called cute. But that doesn't mean that it's not possible! Your actions and presentation will go a longer way towards your cuteness than your height ever will. The stigma exists because there are few willing to challenge it. You could well change the mind of this person who thinks you need to be short to be cute. I say be who you are, and let everyone else deal with it!

Don't feel pressured to layer, cut your hair, or do anything else to look shorter (unless you want to for your own reasons). You're cute as you are, so just let it shine.

aww thanks for the kind words, adventurer ^w^ I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but i am such a shy person and i don't really value myself as a source of validation to be completely honest. But I personally don't like being tall so I try to make myself shorter for that reason. I try to avoid making generalizations about other people too because if you judge them, you don't have time to love them, right? :33

I think it's more or less a matter of personal tastes. I, for one, think a tall person can definitely be cute, whether presenting male or female. Perhaps this person meant cute more in the sense of simple attractiveness than the babyish kind of cute? Just a thought.

I happen to be really short, but I sure don't feel cute, especially with how hairy I am. Now that I own some women's clothing, when I put it on, I can't help but see a hairy, short, fat dude looking back at me in the mirror, heh. Well, guess that's just part of having body image issues. I know I have plenty, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by spddan View Post
    I think it's more or less a matter of personal tastes. I, for one, think a tall person can definitely be cute, whether presenting male or female. Perhaps this person meant cute more in the sense of simple attractiveness than the babyish kind of cute? Just a thought.

I happen to be really short, but I sure don't feel cute, especially with how hairy I am. Now that I own some women's clothing, when I put it on, I can't help but see a hairy, short, fat dude looking back at me in the mirror, heh. Well, guess that's just part of having body image issues. I know I have plenty, lol.
    yeah, I was talking cute in both the normal sense and in an abdl sense. I have found that a lot of people tell me im too tall for them in the abdl community and it seems to be a common barrier, although i've only even been exploring abdl stuff for a few months. I'd love to babyish cute, but im not really sure how :P

on having hair. I shave my entire body because I am allergic to my own hair, so if a room is dimly lit, I actually could probably be mistaken for a girl with no breasts xDD

It sounds like you are dealing with two different image scenarios. One is your image as a cute baby and the other is being seen as cute by your friends. How we see ourselves when we are regressing is an inward mental image. You can look like almost anything, but if you allow your mind to see yourself as a cute little baby, you will. That's part of regressing. You have to block your adult image and supplant a babyish image. Most of us do this I suspect.

When with your friends, height really doesn't matter. Cute is always how you act and feel. My mom was tall, and she used to tell me when I was a kid, how awkward she felt. To conceal her height she would slump and try to make herself shorter. All she accomplished was to make herself have bad posture and make herself look worse. At some point she realized this and then she stood up straight and tall which vastly improved how she looked to others.

Height is relative. Basketball players are tall and the rest of us are shorter. I'm barely 5' 8" tall. I compensated by lifting weights through high school and college. I think that being cute is in the mind, how you act around others. Don't let your height diminish you. Rather, ignore it and enjoy life. Cuteness always comes naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    It sounds like you are dealing with two different image scenarios. One is your image as a cute baby and the other is being seen as cute by your friends. How we see ourselves when we are regressing is an inward mental image. You can look like almost anything, but if you allow your mind to see yourself as a cute little baby, you will. That's part of regressing. You have to block your adult image and supplant a babyish image. Most of us do this I suspect.

When with your friends, height really doesn't matter. Cute is always how you act and feel. My mom was tall, and she used to tell me when I was a kid, how awkward she felt. To conceal her height she would slump and try to make herself shorter. All she accomplished was to make herself have bad posture and make herself look worse. At some point she realized this and then she stood up straight and tall which vastly improved how she looked to others.

Height is relative. Basketball players are tall and the rest of us are shorter. I'm barely 5' 8" tall. I compensated by lifting weights through high school and college. I think that being cute is in the mind, how you act around others. Don't let your height diminish you. Rather, ignore it and enjoy life. Cuteness always comes naturally.
    yeah, I still carry myself very well lol. I dont let it bother me too much. But it is still discouraging when people say things like that and you know there is nothing humanly possible to be done about it >.>

Yes, if you can't change certain things about yourself, capitalize on the positive. For me, it was my music, and that has paid the bills my entire life. We all have things that we wish we excelled in, or looked a certain way, and usually life hands us something else. But we also have our plus sides. Find the good things about yourself and enjoy those things. And lets face it, we all age and all the good looks and cuteness change. We typically replace them with things of value. When I play Chopin, I feel so incredibly good.

You've got what you've got, but there's a lot to be said for presentation.

I find myself attracted to certain sets of physical characteristics, yet I can recall certain girls over the years who I found incredibly attractive despite their being a complete mismatch on all of my physical 'likes'. It had to do with how they moved, dressed, and presented themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    And lets face it, we all age and all the good looks and cuteness change.
    Ain't that the truth. Fortunately, lights come with off switches, and I can remove my glasses.

Too tall to be cute!

I don't feel height has anything to do with cuteness...

My ex's sister is 6'4" and very skinny...Cute too...not my type...but still cute!

I'm now not even 6' anymore...but I'm not cute!

If there was the stereotypical middle age mans body...that's me!...now with added bumps on my noggin from a car accident to boot...to the tune of inches...wow after I go bald I'll be quite the sight!

So, back on topic...height isn't any measurement of cuteness on my book...