Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RE: My "New" Therapist understands about "Adult Babies".

Default RE: My "New" Therapist understands about "Adult Babies".

Had a 1st visit with my new Therapist this morning, and right from the start, she understands all about "Adult Babies". I guess this is good. What do others here think?

I think that is great. Almost any good doctor or therapist can treat many problems, but getting one that understands your particular situation would be better.

Good luck.

I'm happy your therapist isn't judgemental, but I would ask her what she thinks an AB is ? And what she thinks about them.. Just to be on the safe side. I mean.. It's better to find out she thinks they are sick people that need treatment now, then a few months down the road.

It would be great to know what she "understands" if you ever care to share that with us. Sounds promising though, and I hope it works out well for you.

I've talked about it to mine too. Actually I wrote her an email and then she talked about it face to face. As any good psychologist she didn't judge. She just tried to make me tell what emotions it evoked in me, how it was an issue or not. I'll quote her : "As you said, it doesn't harm anyone."

The therapist that I came out to is leading a group therapy that I am in, and she was so understanding. She did not know about AB/DL but was very supportive. Last night she let it slip that she was a bed wetter. I do not think she is AB/Dl though.

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    The therapist that I came out to is leading a group therapy that I am in, and she was so understanding. She did not know about AB/DL but was very supportive. Last night she let it slip that she was a bed wetter. I do not think she is AB/Dl though.
    My new therapist's understanding of Adult Babies, is that the ones she has met are survivors of extreme childhood abuse and neglect. Being a survivor of extreme abuse and neglect, and having severe Childhood Abuse PTSD, she completely understands why I want to be a baby and that my regression is non-sexual in nature.

I've said it before. Any decent psychologist isn't going to judge. The least we can do is educate them on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by quartz200420012 View Post
    I've said it before. Any decent psychologist isn't going to judge. The least we can do is educate them on the subject.
    Yes!
    THat is just about all we can do.

Smile

My therapist was completely understanding when I told him about it. I'm not sure whether he knew about AB/DLs when I told him or not... But, of all the things we've discussed, it seemed the most psychologically trivial. He doesn't seem particularly interested in the fact that "AB/DL" is a "thing"; he just talks about the kind of self-soothing behaviours that people use as coping mechanisms. His daughter sucked her thumb into her 20s, some people "groom themselves" or fiddle with their mobile phone or smoke cigarettes to calm themselves down. Being AB/DL is (sort-of -- to me, at least) the same thing.

The only reason to feel "bad" about it is because it's a social taboo. But, if you are discreet and considerate, no one in society has any right to judge you... so you don't ever need to feel bad about the methods or behaviours you employ to "keep calm, and carry on"!

Any good psychotherapist would see it like that. If they want to help you get rid of such behaviours (rather than ignoring the behaviour and looking at the reasons behind them), then they shouldn't be trusted. The more I deal with my "inner daemons", the less intense I feel the need to wear diapers, and the more inclined I am to "re-enter society" from my reclusive state...

Anyway, I hope you get on with your new therapist, caitianx :-)