Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to this and unsure of how to dress convincingly

Unhappy New to this and unsure of how to dress convincingly

Heya. Recently I've been a lot more interested than I used to be in the whole ageplaying and being "little" side of being AB/DL. While I was considering trying out dressing up (or down depending how you look at it) to a younger age, it occured to me that I find little girls style and clothing a lot cuter than that of little boys.

Now, I'm not trans in any way and I've never really tried crossdressing (except a little taste here and there), but the idea has always been very interesting to me. Now the idea of trying to look like a grown woman is both indimidating and seemingly imposssible for me, but I think I could feel quite comfortable dressing up in a simpler and cuter way, possibly as a little girl. My hair is starting to grow to the length where I'll soon be able to do braids and other girlish styles.

Now, I imagine this problem has came up many times before, though I couldn't find anything about it glancing through the Sissy/Girls section. It saddens me that I don't think I'd be able to pull off a cute look in girls clothing because of my male body. I can't imagine it being convincing in any way. Is this a problem that people work around or must it just be accepted as the unfortunate truth?

I'd say to just go and try out different styles Find out what YOU like and go from there.
    Don't try to "be convincing" at first, just have fun, and make it more convincing as you learn more! There are TONS of make-up and dress tutorials on the web, I'm sure you'll find one that pushes you in the right direction once you've found your style.

Quote Originally Posted by TyphaHare View Post
    I'd say to just go and try out different styles Find out what YOU like and go from there.
    Don't try to "be convincing" at first, just have fun, and make it more convincing as you learn more! There are TONS of make-up and dress tutorials on the web, I'm sure you'll find one that pushes you in the right direction once you've found your style.
    I'd say this is the best advice. You have to decide on what to wear on your own. You just have to look and find things that you like.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepingBlueWolf View Post
    Heya. Recently I've been a lot more interested than I used to be in the whole ageplaying and being "little" side of being AB/DL. While I was considering trying out dressing up (or down depending how you look at it) to a younger age, it occured to me that I find little girls style and clothing a lot cuter than that of little boys.

Now, I'm not trans in any way and I've never really tried crossdressing (except a little taste here and there), but the idea has always been very interesting to me. Now the idea of trying to look like a grown woman is both indimidating and seemingly imposssible for me, but I think I could feel quite comfortable dressing up in a simpler and cuter way, possibly as a little girl. My hair is starting to grow to the length where I'll soon be able to do braids and other girlish styles.

Now, I imagine this problem has came up many times before, though I couldn't find anything about it glancing through the Sissy/Girls section. It saddens me that I don't think I'd be able to pull off a cute look in girls clothing because of my male body. I can't imagine it being convincing in any way. Is this a problem that people work around or must it just be accepted as the unfortunate truth?
    Whatever float's your boat go for it, YOLO!

Just make sure it's what you want, don't look in the mirror and say this isn't who I want to be. All you have to do is fix and pick out the right style which suits your needs and/or wants. Some people are fitted for braids and others are fitted for sports bra's, your not the only one, alot of us here will support you and offer great advice if we have any!

Quote Originally Posted by SleepingBlueWolf
    Is this a problem that people work around or must it just be accepted as the unfortunate truth?
    People are like that almost all the time some of us have skeletons in our closet's, others have forbidden secrets we have yet to expose but do not let others tell you what to do or let others think negative for you. Your enjoying life right? Well go for it! If they are uncomfortable then find a group of positive people that you feel very enthusiastic! People can be judge mental in this world and us people have to learn to face the fact we're the more mature members than the snotty people who act all rich and tough. I support you!

This member right here can also help you out in such a huge way! CrinklyEmilyLG

There's products for your needs as well but if you can't find certain one's out there you are interested in then nothing but a little amazon help can't fix.

www.amazon.com

This website is obviously helpful, sells more stuff then you can think, and plus offers discreet shipping and amazing service (Depends on where you live hehe)

Don't be upset or have any doubt of yourself because one day you will make a decision that's positive and you will realize you've been rewarded more than you think you should.

Heya Wolf & others

Good that you bring up this topic. Although there are many pieces of good advice in the Sissy/Girls section, as others pointed out some things must be discovered by trial and error on your own, especially when it comes to your particular tastes and feelings.

It seems there is some overlap in your and my situation, and you are also in the UK (at least until 18 Sept :-)), so I'll share some of my experiences with trials and errors.

Like you, I have no interest in dressing as a grown up woman (heels, bra, makeup and stuff). I just want to be cute and comfortable (many of the female items seem very uncomfortable to me). I also don't like the frilly sissy stuff (though totally respect and understand those who do) and prefer the simple style (as people have observed in other parts of the forum, this is actually what most today's girls prefer to wear).

I see these main things in the way of us looking good in girls' clothes:

1) Big shoulders and biceps and upper body in general (I'm not the overly muscular gym kind of guy, but my upper body still looks way different from a girl's one, let alone a little girl's)

2) Hairy legs and arms (you can always shave, but personally I prefer not to, as I still have my male life too, plus it seems like too much hassle)

3) Not that much / not that long hair on our head (good you seem to not have this problem; makes me a bit jealous)

In my experience, I tend to look and feel much better / more girly when I have my shoulders and arms fully covered = long sleeves. This doesn't go very well with most dresses and it is also one reason (besides most of the really cute dresses being too small) why I haven't bought and tried a dress yet. I have tried other clothes which leave my shoulders bare and I didn't feel good in them (anything "cami" – those things with very thin straps over shoulders – is a no go for me).

My typical outfit is: knickers + vest + tights + skirt + long sleeve T-shirt.

Knickers (panties) – I very rarely wear diapers actually; you may want to wear those instead. Anyway, there are other good threads on ADISC about getting the sizes right and which styles are best (personally I prefer high leg for the day and full briefs for the night – I like to be well covered). UK specific: Tesco, ASDA, M&S are your friends, especially when on budget or in the first experimenting stage (the quality is actually quite good, and you can order online and collect in store with discreet packaging if that's an issue).

Vest (undershirt) – M&S have very nice girls vests, big size and long enough (I'm 5'10-5'11 and got the 15/16Y size and it's very generous). I prefer the ones with wide shoulder section, not the cami ones (not comfortable and not looking good).

Tights – I prefer thicker ones (I got 100 denier). I have various colours, but my favourites are white, very girly and they go well with practically everything. On the other hand, if you got very hairy legs and don't like it, darker colours may hide that better. The brand I got is Missi Hosiery (also named Mysasi in the UK), available via Ebay resellers or wholesale-hosiery.co.uk.

Socks (when not wearing tights) – I got some girly socks with little bows and other cute decorations. Socks often contain some % of elastic material, so even some marketed as size 4-7 (usually the biggest you can get in the girly designs) fit my size 9 feet comfortably. I have also tried some knee high and over knee socks, but still haven't got to liking them, because they always seem to roll back down (the length is ok, but maybe I move too much or my calves are too thick? :-)). Anyway, most of the time (when not wearing tights) I wear normal men's socks, because socks are not that big deal actually.

Skirt – This is where you can choose from a large scale of styles and colours according to your taste. The good thing with skirts is that they are actually very good to male anatomy. The only thing to worry about is your hips size, and girls tend to have larger hips, as was also discussed elsewhere on ADISC. So as long as you have normal (not fat) hips, you can fit in girls sizes (I even have some 13Y size), where you have much wider selection of the really cute designs. My favourites are short (so your knickers show under your tights when you bend over) skater skirts in bright colours (look good with white tights). Where: I got mine from M&S, Forever 21, Very, but there are dozens of other suppliers.

Long sleeve cotton T-shirt, mostly white – I like the simple Gildan Softstyle (very light) T-shirts, and generally I prefer men's, not women's (there's not much visual difference and of course the men's are supposed to fit better).

Alternatively, on a lazy day/evening I substitute the tights + skirt with a pair of pyjama pants. I got some in very cute designs, skinny ones that are almost like leggings, but very soft and you can wear them to bed.

This is what I have tried and liked wearing. It will not be "little" enough for some people (my "little" is a bit older and I'm not that much into AB stuff). And perhaps not "girly" enough either. I dress like this as my regular home wear now (overindulge and see where it brings me) and of course I don't just sit and drink tea, but I like/need to go after my normal daily activities, so I've found this to be a good compromise between cuteness/girliness and practicality/comfort. If you want to dress up as a LG just once in a while for play, your demands may be higher/different.

Anyway, maybe some people will find a piece of inspiration in this.

Wolf, good luck with your style discovery. I actually think that you can look very cute in girl clothes with a male body. Two things that help (and they are closely related) are that 1) you actually like your body (regardless of any clothes) and 2) you are in good shape. It's easy to take this as a given when you're 18 or 20, but with age it becomes more important and your earlier lifestyle choices and habits will start to make big difference. I won't turn this thread into a sleep a lot / eat well / exercise discussion, you get my point.

Regarding "convincing", if you only want to look convincing to yourself, that's certainly doable (personally I found the results exceeding my expectations). It has been mentioned on ADISC multiple times that how you feel inside is more important than how you look in the mirror and I agree but I would add that the actual looks can contribute to that inner feeling big way. If you also want to "pass" and look convincing to others, I have no idea, as I haven't thought about that (not important to me). Anyway, as TyphaHare has observed, the best way to become convincing is probably to not try to be convincing at first, just play and experiment and don't be afraid of errors. If some clothes don't look good on you, it's easy to put them off (you don't spend 100 on your first dress, right, you get it for 6 in a sale).

Btw, it really makes you sad when you see this super cute dress or T-shirt or PJs and then realize the biggest they sell is for 7 year olds. But we gotta play with the cards we're dealt :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche View Post
    Like you, I have no interest in dressing as a grown up woman (heels, bra, makeup and stuff). I just want to be cute and comfortable (many of the female items seem very uncomfortable to me). I also don't like the frilly sissy stuff (though totally respect and understand those who do) and prefer the simple style (as people have observed in other parts of the forum, this is actually what most today's girls prefer to wear).
    This is exactly how I feel about it as well. Cute and conservative is what I refer to it as, and it goes over the same items that you pointed out. That post was incredibly spot on.

Hey, I know this is often a tough thing to talk about. When I first showed up on ADISC I found it tough enough to make an account - and posting in this section was probably even harder! It's a bit of a scary thing to realize that you might be interested in girls' clothes, even when little. Thing is, it's OK. There's nothing wrong with you, and wanting to wear girls' clothes doesn't change who you are. It's lots of fun, too!

In my case, I don't even try to look like an actual little girl. I'm a guy, I have body hair and stubbornly dark facial hair, and I'll never be able to pull off the girly look. But that's OK! It's not about how you look, but how you see yourself in your mind. When I wear a dress and diapers, I can easily picture myself as a young girl, and that makes me feel really happy. That's all you need - to feel the right way. (I get your point about hair, though...if I could grow my hair long enough, I'd be all over braids and pigtails lol).

If you're not fully sure, I'd suggest taking it nice and slow. Try one or two pieces of girls' clothing, and see how you feel while wearing them. A pair of cute printed panties can do the trick, and they're cheap and easy to hide. The other fun thing to get is a dress, although they can be a bit trickier if you don't know your approximate size. At any second hand store, like Goodwill, you can find some girly-looking dresses in adult sizes. The Internet is also great for this purpose! But basically, the idea is to think about what you'd like to wear, and get ahold of it. Then see if it's everything you hoped for, or not. If it is, don't worry! You'd be far from the only person on this site to cross-dress while diapered (and we all know it's way more fun this way!)

For looking like a little girl, I can't suggest much besides making sure you're clean-shaven and wearing something cute. Maybe a wig if you want longer hair. But like I said, I don't try and look the part. If you feel it, that's enough to bring about happiness.

So give it a try, and let us know how it goes! Hope you have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    In my case, I don't even try to look like an actual little girl. ... If you feel it, that's enough to bring about happiness.
    This is a very important point.

You will never look like an actual little girl, so that people would confuse you with one (unless you are extremely short and skinny). But you don't need that and you can still look and feel girly and cute and innocent and playful (or whatever feeling you're looking for) in girls' clothes.

I think, when dressing up, most of us are actually looking for symbols (e.g. specific piece of clothing, pigtails, diapers) which help generate the feelings we like. Different people respond to different symbols differently, because "being a little girl" means different things to people. Even a very little detail (like a nice little pattern on the rim of your skirt) can be the big thing for you (sometimes a small flower on the front of your knickers is big enough to offset all the hair on your legs), so when you just look at it, you are right in the mood, while most other people would barely notice it. (And these symbols don't need to be visual, e.g. the feeling when you touch your diaper or the smell of baby powder or the way your skirt is flowing around your hips.)

Perhaps an analogy as we've got the babyfur section here: Someone's fursona may be a baby dog, so when dressed up they wear a collar and tail and ears (symbols of "being a dog"). No one will confuse them with an actual dog, as some of their dimensions and physical attributes are obviously different, but they can still feel good and happy and be in the right dog-mode at that moment. ... OK maybe this is nonsense. I am not that familiar with the babyfur world, but it came to my mind when thinking about this. In a way, little girls and grown up men are like entirely different animals, very hard to confuse one with the other.

And now I better go to bed, before posting any more nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossJinx View Post
    This is exactly how I feel about it as well. Cute and conservative is what I refer to it as, and it goes over the same items that you pointed out.
    Good to see someone with similar taste in fashion! Let's start a club, Cute and Conservative (but no politics!) OK off to bed.

Heya first responders! Sorry for the late reply and also sorry for the wall of text. I've been a little occupied the last few days.

Quote Originally Posted by TyphaHare View Post
    This is pretty comforting actually. In my ignorance, I hadn't really considered that I've plenty of time to take it slow and work things out over time. ^^' I feel rather silly now. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    Just make sure it's what you want, don't look in the mirror and say this isn't who I want to be. All you have to do is fix and pick out the right style which suits your needs and/or wants. Some people are fitted for braids and others are fitted for sports bra's, your not the only one, alot of us here will support you and offer great advice if we have any!

This member right here can also help you out in such a huge way! CrinklyEmilyLG
    I really appreciate the positivity and effort you've given into your post Snivy, but I don't think you quite understand how my mind works. :P Different things work for different people I guess. Thank you very much regardless. I'm curious about your link to CrinklyEmily's page. I wouldn't want to impose upon her seeing as we've never talked, though I wouldn't mind some help. Is there a reason you've linked her in particular?

Avalanche, I can't thank you enough for your post. <3 This is exactly the kind of advice I needed. You've understood the problems I have and tackled them on all fronts. I feel a lot better about myself having read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche View Post
    It seems there is some overlap in your and my situation, and you are also in the UK (at least until 18 Sept :-)), so I'll share some of my experiences with trials and errors.
    I do hope you aren't planning on kidnapping me though. ._. I wasn't planning on leaving the UK this year. x3

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    Hey, I know this is often a tough thing to talk about. When I first showed up on ADISC I found it tough enough to make an account - and posting in this section was probably even harder! It's a bit of a scary thing to realize that you might be interested in girls' clothes, even when little. Thing is, it's OK. There's nothing wrong with you, and wanting to wear girls' clothes doesn't change who you are. It's lots of fun, too!

In my case, I don't even try to look like an actual little girl. I'm a guy, I have body hair and stubbornly dark facial hair, and I'll never be able to pull off the girly look. But that's OK! It's not about how you look, but how you see yourself in your mind. When I wear a dress and diapers, I can easily picture myself as a young girl, and that makes me feel really happy. That's all you need - to feel the right way. (I get your point about hair, though...if I could grow my hair long enough, I'd be all over braids and pigtails lol).
    I warmly appreciate your words of comfort, but I actually do feel pretty comfortable about being feminine. I'm not transgender or flamboyant or anything, but I've always been the complete opposite of the alpha-male types. Feminine stuff is just fine for me. ^^ Doesn't make me feel anxious or anything. See, I've not tried it myself, but I don't see myself being comfortable with playing little girl without looking enough the part for myself. It's the jarring male features combined with a cute female style that makes me uncomfortable about the whole thing. But... Hey! Maybe I'll understand what you're saying a little better when I try it out myself. I've been wrong before. Thank you.

I really appreciate the positivity and effort you've given into your post Snivy, but I don't think you quite understand how my mind works. :P Different things work for different people I guess. Thank you very much regardless. I'm curious about your link to CrinklyEmily's page. I wouldn't want to impose upon her seeing as we've never talked, though I wouldn't mind some help. Is there a reason you've linked her in particular?
    Forget about it bluewolf.
    Last edited by Snivy; 12-Aug-2014 at 22:33. Reason: Because I wanted too