Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I've also come to a conclusion

Lightbulb I've also come to a conclusion

I don't like the movie The Godfather. Yes, everything about it is technical perfection, the writing is excellent, the cinematography and screenwriting show that you can do a ton with the film medium that you can't with a book, and the acting is superb.

But if I watch it right now, would I reach the end of the three and a half hour runtime (extended edition) and say "I enjoyed the last three and a half hours!"? No, I would not. It's just not an enjoyable movie despite it's quality. And that's not to dispute it's quality. But I want to watch movies that are fun. Wanting to watch a movie and choosing The Godfather is like going to an ice cream shop and ordering a caesar salad. It doesn't matter how well made the caesar salad is. I wanted ice cream.

I don't really care what anyone else thinks.

And I definitely couldn't care less about you not liking "the Godfather"... seriously.

It's a really enjoyable movie.

Quote Originally Posted by AEsahaettr View Post
    I don't like the movie The Godfather. Yes, everything about it is technical perfection, the writing is excellent, the cinematography and screenwriting show that you can do a ton with the film medium that you can't with a book, and the acting is superb.

But if I watch it right now, would I reach the end of the three and a half hour runtime (extended edition) and say "I enjoyed the last three and a half hours!"? No, I would not. It's just not an enjoyable movie despite it's quality. And that's not to dispute it's quality. But I want to watch movies that are fun. Wanting to watch a movie and choosing The Godfather is like going to an ice cream shop and ordering a caesar salad. It doesn't matter how well made the caesar salad is. I wanted ice cream.

You are well within your rights to not like a movie actually Aesahaettr. You see whether a movie is good or bad is a matter of personal opinion and that can change for each and every last 1 of us that ever has, ever was, or ever shall exist on this planet. from my point of view the reason why you don't like the The Godfather is because it is such a long movie? Also the Movie talks about some horrific realities involving violence and abuse from a time when the Italian Mafia used to be even more ruthless and dangerous allegedly. That plot right there is negative in nature and I can see why you would not like that either possibly? When it comes to movies we each have our own tastes and since yours are not hurting anyone I see no reason to condemn you for it. Some people here will most likely not agree with this but I believe you and me can be mature enough to not care about their opinions, but mature enough to care about not hurting their feelings either. In all honesty I actually like this conversation you and me are having. I would like to hear more from you actually because I am curious to know if I was correct about guessing whether or not you don't like The Godfather because it's a long movie? Or is it because it's a violent movie showing negativity you particularly don't like? We are all entitled to our opinions and I actually wanted to hear more of yours.
    Last edited by giantguy99; 09-Aug-2014 at 16:07.

Wanting to watch a movie and choosing The Godfather is like going to an ice cream shop and ordering a caesar salad. It doesn't matter how well made the caesar salad is. I wanted ice cream.
    Ha ha ha! That's a great analogy!

There are some films and books that (just like a good salad) are much better to have already watched/read. You feel fulfilled in the knowledge that you have eaten/watched/read something that's (relatively) "good for you". Other times, you just want to enjoy a sweet and tasty pleasure that is much better to be anticipating imminently!

Tough! I'm gonna make you listen to what I think! (*chases AEsahaettr down the street*) "Oi! Come back here! I haven't finished talking to you...!"

Can't say I have had the pleasure of watching the godfather. I do know the feeling though.

It doesn't matter how well made the caesar salad is. I wanted ice cream.
    Then why did you order the salad?

Yes you do!

I just realized this seems like its in response to the other thread started by monkeydoodle and well a lot of other threads

Another unpopular movie opinion; Fight Club is super boring! I've tried to watch it three times and failed because I started multitasking or rather went to bed.
    And I've watched Eraserhead all the way trough!

But yeah, quality does not mean for an instant interesting movie. Like a lot of action movies are very well shot and all, but they are so dull and predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by TyphaHare View Post
    Another unpopular movie opinion; Fight Club is super boring! I've tried to watch it three times and failed because I started multitasking or rather went to bed.
    And I've watched Eraserhead all the way trough!

But yeah, quality does not mean for an instant interesting movie. Like a lot of action movies are very well shot and all, but they are so dull and predictable.
    I can't get through LOTR series