Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting set up on dates

Default Getting set up on dates

Does anybody get tired of people trying to line you up with somebody? I get so tired of it when I am at work because I personally am going to be very honest about my little side with whoever I get into a relationship with, so for one, I don't want rumors spreading about my little side at work, and two, I work in an elementary school in conservative utah, and I really just don't think that the girls others are trying to line me up with at work are going to go anywhere.

I wish people could understand what it is I am looking for, but they will never be able too... :P

I'm kind of the opposite mostly because I'm super shy, but I could see how that could get annoying. Just keep in mind they're only trying to help. Another thing to think about is if the rumor of you being little did spread around work do you think anyone would believe it? it is kinda out there.

I had chosen to live a completely gay lifestyle while in college, and it used to be really annoying to have friends and family trying to line me up with girls. Not only was I not interested, but I had a steady boyfriend! In the late 60s, you couldn't just say, "I'm gay", because it was illegal and you could be committed into a mental facility. Things were tense. So yeah, many of us just want to be left alone.

Quote Originally Posted by blablafreckenlover View Post
    I'm kind of the opposite mostly because I'm super shy, but I could see how that could get annoying. Just keep in mind they're only trying to help. Another thing to think about is if the rumor of you being little did spread around work do you think anyone would believe it? it is kinda out there.
    It is kinda out there a bit, but I don't know, they are teachers, and teachers don't lie right??? I guess though that I could give it a try though, but there are other things that I get ansy about with it too. I make sure not to act annoyed or anything because I do understand that they do it with the best of intentions. I mostly just laugh and say 'I don't know~' and then say that I don't want to make things awkward between me and a coworker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I had chosen to live a completely gay lifestyle while in college, and it used to be really annoying to have friends and family trying to line me up with girls. Not only was I not interested, but I had a steady boyfriend! In the late 60s, you couldn't just say, "I'm gay", because it was illegal and you could be committed into a mental facility. Things were tense. So yeah, many of us just want to be left alone.
    Yeah, that would be even more annoying, crap, I'm glad that the US has liberalized to be more accepting of that, but it would be super annoying to have a partner and nobody would recognize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    It is kinda out there a bit, but I don't know, they are teachers, and teachers don't lie right??? I guess though that I could give it a try though, but there are other things that I get ansy about with it too. I make sure not to act annoyed or anything because I do understand that they do it with the best of intentions. I mostly just laugh and say 'I don't know~' and then say that I don't want to make things awkward between me and a coworker.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, that would be even more annoying, crap, I'm glad that the US has liberalized to be more accepting of that, but it would be super annoying to have a partner and nobody would recognize it.
    Yeah,....worse, my mom suspected my SO because he'd come home with me on occasion to my parents' house for a weekend. Eventually my mom became more and more suspicious and she would tell me how much she didn't like him. You know how it is with parents. It's never you but rather, the other one who's pulling you down....sigh.

Yeah,....worse, my mom suspected my SO because he'd come home with me on occasion to my parents' house for a weekend. Eventually my mom became more and more suspicious and she would tell me how much she didn't like him. You know how it is with parents. It's never you but rather, the other one who's pulling you down....sigh.
    Oh my gosh yeah! Now that I have done a few things against my parents liking (being AB and my religious choices) they say that 'you just look sad now' to me all of the time, and I honestly don't have any expressions that are any different than I used to, except when i'm around them because they make me sad from all the sadness that they put on me, arg!

Oh my gosh yeah! Now that I have done a few things against my parents liking (being AB and my religious choices) they say that 'you just look sad now' to me all of the time, and I honestly don't have any expressions that are any different than I used to, except when i'm around them because they make me sad from all the sadness that they put on me, arg!
    Yeah....all you can do is ignore it and move on. My mother in law used to say it too our kids just because they weren't smiling and it used to annoy me. I didn't say anything because ignoring it made it go away.

Just to give a voice of dissent here, I wish my coworkers would set me up on a date. I haven't had a girlfriend in a few years now, and I haven't really figured out a good way to meet people ever since I moved cross-country. I'm super busy, I have all these social connections to people around the world, and the friends I have where I live are all in relationships or the same gender as me (and I'm straight outside of the diaper kink).

Yeah....all you can do is ignore it and move on. My mother in law used to say it too our kids just because they weren't smiling and it used to annoy me. I didn't say anything because ignoring it made it go away.
    Yeah, its funny because normal people don't smile all of the time. It may take more muscles in your face to frown than it does to smile, but it takes none to just have a stupid look.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01-1509_l.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	21604

Yeah, its funny because normal people don't smile all of the time. It may take more muscles in your face to frown than it does to smile, but it takes none to just have a stupid look.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01-1509_l.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	21604
    Haha....that must be me!