Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm not sure if this is even a question to be honest.

Default I'm not sure if this is even a question to be honest.

Are Adult Babies and Littles, no matter how intelligent, wealthy or ignorant for that matter, pseudo adults who are prematurely ready for the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonybaby View Post
    Are Adult Babies and Littles, no matter how intelligent, wealthy or ignorant for that matter, pseudo adults who are prematurely ready for the world?
    Ok, explain that to me like I'm a two year old (which is not far from the truth some nights)

I believe that I am slightly intelligent , if not wealthy.

So am I a pretend (almost/pseudo/sham) adult? Maybe..... But am I prematurely ready for the world? I believe that I am ready, but too early? In terms of too early in time? Maybe in 100 years we (AB's) will be more accepted, but in terms of my life? I don't think so.....

Head scratch..

Don't think that helps, but maybe the question was rhetorical anyway

Damn good question, i think it all stems from the safety that childhood has to offer, as we grow ever further away from the safety of childhood we are taught to be reddy for the big bad world which can contribute to the fear of growing up.

Even with AB and Little referring to a narrower section of the overall "diaper community", I'd still say that with such a wide variation in this community, the answer to that probably spans a scale from "totally nailed it" to "not even close".

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonybaby
    pseudo adults who are prematurely ready for the world
    I don't know if I fully understand this question. For me I didn't(don't) want to grow up, but was scared to act childish for fear of what others may think of me. So I've always acted older then my age (when people are looking XD ).

Some reason in the back of my head while growing up, I always thought I was about 2 years behind in certain things. I wasn't bad at schooling or anything, I just felt like my social, emotional, and some of my reasoning was slightly on the lower end. Now days though I feel like I'm ahead of some of the people I used to compare myself too, not socially though, not at all~

Anyway, another thing that comes to mind. Usually in different species, studies show that the longer a child takes to develop and grow, the more time it gets to develop brain power, since child hood is really one of the heights in learning. So if you think of it one way, it could be that we needed more time to be a child/baby to catch up on our mental development. The other explanation that I would prefer could be, we needed more time to be a child/baby because we had more potential to develop more of our brain power, but might not have gotten that time to develop it because of social expectations.

Those are just ideas though that I felt like might be on the same subject.

There's so much pressure for kids to grow up. I hear mums bragging about how their little one is doing this and that.... and yeah it's natural for them to be proud, but the poor kid suffers when it all becomes a competition....and the pressure then on the kid to grow up is huge especially if theyre not ready yet. If only those mums focused on the kids needs and not their own. Well maybe we mix up our need for approval with our actual emotional needs. Approval is easier to get, as are the rewards for achievement. Then we start learning to nurture ourselves. See it doesn't pay to be too clever too early. Regression is our emotional surrogate.

I've always been a late bloomer. Even though I played one of the top 5 senior recitals when I was in college (music conservatory), it wasn't until several years later, working on my Masters, that I bloomed, playing composers like Max Reger and practicing 8 hours a day. The same is true with most things that I've done except perhaps writing. To add to it, I've never felt like an adult. Rather, I feel like a 12 year old who has learned how to act like an adult when I have to. I wonder how many of us fall under this umbrella?

Quote Originally Posted by ozbub View Post
    There's so much pressure for kids to grow up. I hear mums bragging about how their little one is doing this and that.... and yeah it's natural for them to be proud, but the poor kid suffers when it all becomes a competition....and the pressure then on the kid to grow up is huge especially if theyre not ready yet. If only those mums focused on the kids needs and not their own. Well maybe we mix up our need for approval with our actual emotional needs. Approval is easier to get, as are the rewards for achievement. Then we start learning to nurture ourselves. See it doesn't pay to be too clever too early. Regression is our emotional surrogate.
    My friend actually did a research paper for his psychology class based on the idea that potty training and techniques in potty training can be too assertive. He found some pretty cool research and what not, and his teacher was very interested in the paper because it was an unusual subject. I am also part of the reason he decided to do it Hurray for AB influences!

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonybaby View Post
    Near as far as I can tell being AB and being mature are 2 separate things. I believe that the 2 concepts are in fact mutually separate from each other at least at some level. Being AB does not make an individual less mature or more mature. How this works exactly is something I don't fully understand but from my point of view that is what things appear to be. I simply lack words to properly describe this well so I probably have a incredibly naive but insightful understanding of this. This is just my opinion though so please take this post with a grain of salt because I do see this as a black and white issue but I intuitively know it's not that simple. I just have Asperger's and it's hard for me to not see it otherwise which limits my words unfortunately. Does this answer your question? Sorry this is the best answer I can give you.