Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Writing a letter to my therapist

Default Writing a letter to my therapist

OK, so I am finally ready to tell my therapist about my ABDL but I am too nervous to actually "say it" but I saw saw someone post something in a previous thread about writing a letter to their therapist instead of saying it. I thought that was a good idea but now I'm trying to figure out what to say. Anyone got any ideas on what to say? I'm not real good at this kind of thing.

That is easy.

The truth.

Do the 6 W's

The big thing is the what and the why.

Aidy1

What - What you do
    When - When you do it
    Who - Who you would like involved and who you do involve (Me)
    where - At home... not in public.
    Why - Why is harder and is something that you may have to figure out with your therapist. I explained my history and when I think it started. 5-8years old and then again at 14. I gave my ideas about why but I'm still not sure.

Follow a formal structure and fill in your specific info using the above questions. Something like this:

"Dear [Name],

I am writing to you because I want to make you aware of a matter that I have trouble speaking about directly, but would like your advice about.

I have an interest in [how you define abdl, maybe call it age play or say you like to wear diapers.]

I first became interested in ABDL [or preferred term] when [time and basic explanation.]

I express this interest through wearing and sometimes using diapers and [add abdl activities you do.]

I do it because it provides me a sense of happiness and comfort. [add more about why.]

I want to make you aware of it because I feel that it's an important part of who I am and I would like to be able to discuss it with you as well as ensure that you have the most possible information in helping to treat me. [add more on specifics.]

Thank you for reading this and I look forward to learning how to discuss the issue more directly.

Yours truly,
    [your name]"

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieRoni View Post
    Follow a formal structure and fill in your specific info using the above questions. Something like this:

"Dear [Name],

I am writing to you because I want to make you aware of a matter that I have trouble speaking about directly, but would like your advice about.

I have an interest in [how you define abdl, maybe call it age play or say you like to wear diapers.]

I first became interested in ABDL [or preferred term] when [time and basic explanation.]

I express this interest through wearing and sometimes using diapers and [add abdl activities you do.]

I do it because it provides me a sense of happiness and comfort. [add more about why.]

I want to make you aware of it because I feel that it's an important part of who I am and I would like to be able to discuss it with you as well as ensure that you have the most possible information in helping to treat me. [add more on specifics.]

Thank you for reading this and I look forward to learning how to discuss the issue more directly.

Yours truly,
    [your name]"

This is an excellent template. Well done!

"Dear [Name],
    Great template. Thanks!

Yours truly,
    [your name]"
    Great template! Thanks.

Well, I went today and I was going to hand her the letter and I chickened out... AGAIN! I'm so mad at myself! Why can't I do it? It's no big deal, right? I dunno. I'm kicking myself because all I had to do was hand her the stupid letter and be done with it but I couldn't do it. I now have to wait another 4 weeks. I keep telling myself that I'll do it next time but next time keeps coming and I keeping dropping the ball. It's just so hard for me.

Quote Originally Posted by gnd567 View Post
    Well, I went today and I was going to hand her the letter and I chickened out... AGAIN! I'm so mad at myself! Why can't I do it? It's no big deal, right? I dunno. I'm kicking myself because all I had to do was hand her the stupid letter and be done with it but I couldn't do it. I now have to wait another 4 weeks. I keep telling myself that I'll do it next time but next time keeps coming and I keeping dropping the ball. It's just so hard for me.
    It's okay, this stuff is hard. No sense beating yourself up about it.

Since you did have trouble in person, do you have your therapist's address? Last I checked, the post office still delivers letters within three days, and that way you'll be ready to talk next time.

It's okay, this stuff is hard. No sense beating yourself up about it.

Since you did have trouble in person, do you have your therapist's address? Last I checked, the post office still delivers letters within three days, and that way you'll be ready to talk next time.
    Thanks. I don't have her address though. I really want to talk about it, really I do, but it's just SO hard for me. I really like the letter idea and I thought I'd be able to do it this time but I was too nervous. I just don't know how to go about doing it without freaking out.

The first therapist I went to, I wrote everything down in a letter and then handed it to her in person. She read it with me sitting right there and then we talked about it afterward. That way I didn't have to say it out loud because like you it was very uncomfortable for me. But also I didn't have to worry about the letter being found by a receptionist or getting into someone else's hand I could just hand it directly to her.

But absolutely do not beat yourself up over it there's no sense in shaming yourself over it. This is very hard. This is something you have Hidden from real people other than online, for a long long time. You can do it just give yourself another shot.