Thread: Any homebrewers?

Cool Any homebrewers?

No! Not that silly computer mawatchits! I mean real alcohol!

Wondering if we have any other chaps or chapettes that partake in the joy of creating their own alcoholic beverages. I'm personally working on a couple meads right now and will be starting a cider when my current batch is done.

Absolutely though I focus on clones of strong belgian ales, dopplebock and imperial stout.

All grain mashing and I love to experiment with adjuncts like coffee, blueberries, chocolate, vanilla, juniper berries, belgian candy sugar and clove or orange blossom honey.

I have some mead recipes but honey is so expensive I have a hard time making the jump..... What type of honey do you use?

For your cider will you put some crab apples in the crusher for some mouthfeel and tanin?

i know how to brew Great whiskey and i also have a still in the woods. but producing it in mass quanitys and especially selling it is highly illegal. still working on getting permits to start brewing and selling in larger quanitys but i first have to upgrade my still and relocate it to a comercial building in town.

- - - Updated - - -

but on a side note i brew regularly and so long as it is poisioned to where it can't be consumed by humans you can brew and use as fuel. i usually run a couple batches of grain alcohol a week to use in our Alcohol Drag racing car.

It's been quite awhile, but I've brewed a few batches of beer before. The last one I did was a black IPA that turned out reasonably well and was reasonably potent.

PaddedAssassin

When I was younger I experimented with friends and made some own drinks. Tasted horrible but got drunk

Quote Originally Posted by w0lfpack91 View Post
    i know how to brew Great whiskey and i also have a still in the woods. but producing it in mass quanitys and especially selling it is highly illegal. still working on getting permits to start brewing and selling in larger quanitys but i first have to upgrade my still and relocate it to a comercial building in town.

- - - Updated - - -

but on a side note i brew regularly and so long as it is poisioned to where it can't be consumed by humans you can brew and use as fuel. i usually run a couple batches of grain alcohol a week to use in our Alcohol Drag racing car.
    An alcohol powered car. Thank you science!

i brew quite a bit most recently I made a strawberry blond that i keged for a party.

Done several batches of beers, mostly pale ales and belgian strong ales. Haven't had a lot of time to brew in quite a while.

One of my best was a dark Belgian Strong Ale that I took out to share with all my skydiving buddies one weekend. Once we were done jumping, one big guy grabbed a 20oz bottle of stuff that was probably close to 11% ABV and downs it (on an empty stomach no less). Likes it a lot, grabs a second 20oz and downs it. Ten minutes later, can't figure out why he feels so screwed up because he 'only had two beers'...

I used to brew all the time when I was in college, but I gave all of my gear away The last time I looked into brewing again the prices have SKYROCKETED though! Hops used to cost $1 an ounce for ANYTHING, like even the hard to find European stuff. Not hop pellets either, like actual hops. Now it costs like 5-10 times that. At least that is the case around these parts. I lost interest when I saw that. So sad...