Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you fold your cloth diapers?

Default How do you fold your cloth diapers?

There are lots of different ways to fold cloth diapers. I like to do it like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kc-prefold-angelwing.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	21515
    But if I'm not in the mood to a have a big chunk of fabric between my legs, I'll lay it out flat and twist it in the middle.

Here's a website illustrating some other examples: 6 Ways to Fold a Prefold Diaper

How do you like to fold your cloth diapers?

Modified accordion/angle fold.

With this I can adjust the width in the middle and then there is no "wad" between the legs. It is there but I usually can not feel it.

As a bed-wetter I like the Newspaper Fold because it puts a lot of material up front and on the sides where it's needed the most. In reviewing the diagrams, the Newspaper and Angel Wing folds are very similar.

I use the angel fold with a booster inside.

I pretty much do the Angel Wing: I tri-fold the diaper (fold the sides in), then open up the back. Some of my prefolds are a little long. When I wear those, I'll fold the back of the diaper in a few inches first, then tri-fold. A more common practice for dealing with long diapers is, as shown in the OP's picture, to fold the front of the diaper in, however I find that the front of the diaper is a bit over-thick/bulky for my taste when I do this. The downside to folding the back in is that you have to pin through more layers of cloth. Works for me, though!

I fold them pretty much the same as shown in that picture.

When I wear medium sized pre-folds, I've used both the angel fold and the newspaper fold. Usually I wear small and just pin the corners.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    A more common practice for dealing with long diapers is, as shown in the OP's picture, to fold the front of the diaper in, however I find that the front of the diaper is a bit over-thick/bulky for my taste when I do this. The downside to folding the back in is that you have to pin through more layers of cloth. Works for me, though!
    I also have a problem with long diapers, and like you I prefer to fold it in the back. The extra fold tends to lie flatter when you're sitting on it, whereas if I fold in the front, the extra material tends to bunch up and that makes me uncomfortable. That, and the fact that I like an cushiony butt

Quote Originally Posted by ManicMunchkin View Post
    There are lots of different ways to fold cloth diapers. I like to do it like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kc-prefold-angelwing.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	21515
    But if I'm not in the mood to a have a big chunk of fabric between my legs, I'll lay it out flat and twist it in the middle.

Here's a website illustrating some other examples: 6 Ways to Fold a Prefold Diaper

How do you like to fold your cloth diapers?
    Angel fold. It's the only one that works for me consistently.

I like both the angel fold and the jell role. the jell role I find is the most comfortable for me.