Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little idea to beat the heat.

Default A little idea to beat the heat.

Unsure if this is of any use too anyone, but this is something a ABDL friend of mind showed me, and it helps me sleep on those hot London nights.

If your nappy is getting you hot and sweaty, consider getting one of those plastic gel ice packs, a long rectangle one is better than a fat square one..

Don't really try it with normal plastic ice packs because they are way too hard, the gel ones move about and are flexible.

Chuck the ice pack in the freezer, and once its nice and cold, just put it into the nappy.

You can put a booster pad, flannel, 2nd nappy or something over it so its not directly against your skin, since you don't really want frostbite, depends how cold your freezer is.

The cold slowly cools you down and you can just wash the ice pack off with some soap and water, since its waterproof.

If you are worried about it being in with food in the freezer, just seal it in a zip-lock bag first.

I can tell you that this has help me sleep though several hot nights.

Or for an alternative, use a fan or sleep on an air vent ^^ It does get hot I will admit but you must be careful so that it doesn't irritate the skin.

it's tough sleeping diapered when it's hot. Doesn't matter what you have for fans, your entire body will sweat. And those parts that are covered by unpadded plastic (like the sides of your hips, and inside of thighs with the outside crotch of your diaper pressed against) will build up sweat and irritation.

We have central air and I'm ever grateful. Living in Virginia one has to have some sort of air conditioning. My wife has end stage renal failure which means she is tied to a dialysis machine. We do home dialysis so the machine is in our bedroom. Typically, our bedroom is one of the hottest rooms in the house, getting the morning sun. The machine creates quite a bit of heat because it has to hold the blood temperature at 98.6. Because of the heat generated by the machine, I have a large fan at the head of the hall blowing air down the hall and into our bedroom. We also have a fan in the bedroom as well.

I can remember growing up in houses that didn't have air conditioning. We had window fans. During the day they would blow the hot air out of the house and during the evening/night, we would reverse the direction of the fan so that it would blow the cooler night air into the house. Ah....those were the days!

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    We have central air and I'm ever grateful. Living in Virginia one has to have some sort of air conditioning. My wife has end stage renal failure which means she is tied to a dialysis machine. We do home dialysis so the machine is in our bedroom. Typically, our bedroom is one of the hottest rooms in the house, getting the morning sun. The machine creates quite a bit of heat because it has to hold the blood temperature at 98.6. Because of the heat generated by the machine, I have a large fan at the head of the hall blowing air down the hall and into our bedroom. We also have a fan in the bedroom as well.

I can remember growing up in houses that didn't have air conditioning. We had window fans. During the day they would blow the hot air out of the house and during the evening/night, we would reverse the direction of the fan so that it would blow the cooler night air into the house. Ah....those were the days!
    What part of Virginia?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellhieme View Post
    What part of Virginia?
    I live in central Virginia, Lynchburg. It's an interesting town. Besides having Thomas Road Baptist Church and Liberty University which everyone in the U. S. knows, we have two other colleges and one two year college, CVCC. They've been revitalizing the downtown, expanding the number of restaurants, etc. We have a great bicycle trail that goes by an excellent bike shop. Across the street is a great pizza restaurant with their own micro beer brewery.

I'm originally from the Jersey Shore, Toms River and Seaside and I miss that area, but Lynchburg and the surrounding area is beautiful in its own way with the mountains and forests. How about you, if you're comfortable with that. If not, I completely understand.

Its all good I live in the Augusta county region its beautiful its in the Shenandoah valley, so I'm surrounded by mountains

Ice packs cause freeze burns if directly next to the skin. Much prefer to change MUCH often in the summer and add a bit of cold water to the diaper to cool myself down.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellhieme View Post
    Its all good I live in the Augusta county region its beautiful its in the Shenandoah valley, so I'm surrounded by mountains
    Ooooh, Shenandoah. I got to live in the North Carolina portion of the mountains for a few months a few years back, and that was by far the best place to spend the summer diapered. It was so cool at night and so mild during the day.

Up here in NY, if I want to sleep in a diaper in the summer (and tbh this thread has really put me in the mood to), I either have to wait until it's a cooler night or sleep with all the covers off and the fan on high, and even then I still sweat. I don't think I'd be able to sleep with an ice pack in my pants, both because I'm have something awkward and hard between my legs and because it would make my crotch too cold.