Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are these diapers ok at all?

Question Are these diapers ok at all?

I found two cases of 90 molicare super comfort or 90 molicare plus comfort each for $39.99. My problem is I am afraid to get them because they are being sold at that cheap of a price. Does anyone have any experiences with these diapers?

I am worried about them because the super plus version of the smalls only absorbs 16 oz, so these might only absorb 10 oz. Meaning they are basically gonna be a one wet and throw type of diaper.

Also i am worried about the cloth on them. Does anyone know if the tapes actually stay on these diapers, and also does the diaper stretch? I dislike when cloth diapers end up stretching all over the place. It just causes more chances for leaks and I dislike a loose fitting diaper.

Reasonably comfortable, absorbency is okay, not great, not terrible.

I use the molicare premium soft during day time hrs. If the tapes are similar then yes the tapes work great. If they get a bit stretched you just re-adjust the tapes.
    These are different names to what I use in australia so not sure if theyre the same but molicare clothlike products seem to be pretty good. The absorbancies do tend to be lower than other quality products but I find them much more comfortable.
    I suggest you do some googling for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by nick85 View Post
    I use the molicare premium soft during day time hrs. If the tapes are similar then yes the tapes work great. If they get a bit stretched you just re-adjust the tapes.
    These are different names to what I use in australia so not sure if they're the same but molicare cloth like products seem to be pretty good. The absorbency do tend to be lower than other quality products but I find them much more comfortable.
    I suggest you do some googling for more info.
    I actually did Google up on the product but I couldn't find what the actual absorbency of these diapers were. Also majority of the premium cloth backed diapers we have on the market shouldn't be stretching. You shouldn't have to keep re-adjusting your diaper over time. I'm not mad at you just voicing my opinion on what is wrong with cloth backed diapers.

The tranquility smart core diaper is actually one of the few cloth backed diapers i have used were the diaper stayed snuggly tight and did not get extremely loose over time. I don't see why it is so hard for company to have a cloth back diaper design like that.

Quote Originally Posted by incontinentGM24 View Post
    Reasonably comfortable, absorbency is okay, not great, not terrible.
    This..

The "Comfort" range is a thinner type average diaper that is quite ok, but nothing like a tena slip super or maxi or anything alike.
    they also don't compare well to the Molicare Super Plus or the Molicare Premium Soft Super.

they are though quite discrete and thus reasonably good for average day time wearing.

Would not be my first diaper of choice, but in a pinch more than welcome.

- - - Updated - - -

But honestly if we could give the manufacturers a special price for stupid product names...

IVF Hartmann (the company behind molicare) would be the definitive winner.
    Also for the price for the most confusing product line up - name wise - again price winners-

Molicare Super Plus
    Molicare Comfort, Comfort Plus, Comfort Super
    Molicare Premium
    Molicare Premium Soft Super
    Molicare ...
    And its never really clear from the names which one is the most absorbent or anything.
    They should definitely fire the marketing department. All of it.

Do you mind listing where you found them at that price? I've been interested in trying them and 90 for $39.99 is a bargain.

I totally agree with EP01, Molicare's absorbancy naming system is not clear at all. Very poor marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by kratox View Post
    I actually did Google up on the product but I couldn't find what the actual absorbency of these diapers were. Also majority of the premium cloth backed diapers we have on the market shouldn't be stretching. You shouldn't have to keep re-adjusting your diaper over time. I'm not mad at you just voicing my opinion on what is wrong with cloth backed diapers.

The tranquility smart core diaper is actually one of the few cloth backed diapers i have used were the diaper stayed snuggly tight and did not get extremely loose over time. I don't see why it is so hard for company to have a cloth back diaper design like that.
    All good mate, and they dont need to be re-adjusted constantly, just on the odd occaison at work if I dont have the opportunity to change after a rather large wetting(or a second or third), some times I'll duck into the bathroom and tighten it up. Nappy style pads don't seem to be made for the active worker. I walk around a lot, and bend down also at work all shift long and perhaps its because im not the perfect fit for the sizes that they tend to stretch and warp the shape.

While they aren't top-of-the-line Molicares, at that price, they can't be beat. I'd say snatch them up while they are still available!

That's a pretty good price for what is considered to be a 'premium' diaper.

The Molicare Super Comfort is a thinner version of Molicares that features cloth-like wings, but plastic-backed center. They're actually really comfortable to wear (less endothermic heat), but a booster is almost a requirement because the absorbency is low. Just try the sample and see what you think. XP Medical has them.