Thread: Is there a word for this type of thing?

Default Is there a word for this type of thing?

I am female, both biologically and within my gender identity. However, I've always been somewhat masculine in my thoughts and actions, possibly because I had two older brothers and looked up to them a lot. As a kid I liked looking at dolls, but never played with them, preferring stuffed animals, legos, and small figurines. Even now I'm fairly loud and blunt... I tend to find it easier to relate to things guys say than what girls say, and what to many girls I know is a mystery (extreme competitiveness, for example) is basic knowledge for me.

But when I regress, it's fun to be extremely effeminate and shy and girlie all around. It's like sissification, except I'm not usually a boy! Is there a term for this kind of un-tomboy-ing?

I think it's being relatively normal, except for the regression part. Look how many awesome women there are who compete in sports, yet are feminine and many other ways. As humans, we are complex and that's a good thing. It's what makes us interesting. I think you should celebrate who you are and go with it.

This sounds a lot like what some LGs do. In my example, I am a man, and generally not very feminine. Yet when I regress, I'm just about the girliest girl around. I love dresses, frills, girly toys and books, the whole deal. And I think that many LGs feel the same way.

Part of it can be accessing a role that's somewhat 'forbidden'. In most places, a boy isn't allowed to be feminine, or he'll be teased and mocked (in fact, he'll probably be called a sissy, or some equivalent). In my case, when I discovered being an AB, my desire was always not only to become a baby, but a baby girl. I was drawn to a role where I could be sweet and feminine, and where it was OK to not be strong and sure of myself. Even crying is something I like to do while regressed, and it's something I have a hard time with as an adult.

I don't know how it was for you, but perhaps taking on a highly feminine role when regressed is a way of reaching not so much to those girly interests, but to the role they represent. I know, it's horribly sexist to assume that girls are naturally more emotional and need to be cared for more. But those ideas get pretty strongly ingrained in our heads by society. And so a little-girl role is one in which it's safe to express feelings and know that a caretaker will comfort you, not tell you to toughen up. So maybe it's not so much about getting to play with dolls as it is about knowing you can play with dolls and people will think it's acceptable.

I could be way off on this; I'm speaking from my experience, and yours is undoubtably different. But do you think that getting to be in that idealized little girl role could be part of it?

An to answer the original question - I think it'd still be called being an LG. There can definitely be female LGs; it's just taking on a female role when you regress. (Perhaps 'stereotypically feminine' would be better).

Adventurer, you're right on the button! It's just hard for me, as a hypnosis fan, to find any regression tracks catered to women who want to be baby girls, especially frou-frou girly-girls like I am. I'm always jogged right out of trance when they're like "feel your man-bits shrinking and becoming lady parts..." My brain goes, "But I'm not a man!" and the magic is lost. I really hope there are more tomboys out there who feel the same way. You'd think there would be...

Not strange at all. Plenty of strong, outgoing women out there who are into things like submission. While in their actual lives, they are forceful and competitive, something about surrendering to docility and femininity is very enticing. It's the excitement, the thrill of giving up control, losing all power, becoming dependent to another. The same feelings are involved in BDSM, adult babies, littles, hypnosis fantasies, and even rape fantasies. It is something which I enjoy quite a bit.

It's important to note that your sexual preferences and identity have little to do with who you are as a person. The fact that you like "sissification" and other commonly male attitudes, does not, in and of itself,make you have a male gender identity. If you feel you are female, and comfortable being female, in your own way, which it sounds like you are, that is all that matters.

You guys/girls/nonbinaries (whichever you all are) are so sweet and understanding. Thank you for answering my question. It just seems odd because when most women regress, they seem to want to go back to being the kid version of themselves. Kid me was really mean. I'd rather be sweet and innocent, thank you.

FreekaDimension,

Why thank you! *Curtsies*

I am much the same as that other LG's that have responded and concur, you appear to be a 'Little Girl'. One of the things that we have had to come to terms with is that we all have masculine / feminine traits in our personality. The main problem for men who take on an LG persona is that this is distinctly not socially acceptable for a man to do. I have come to terms with having a very strong feminine side that expresses itself in all sorts of ways, not just being an LG occasionally.

Male or female to begin with, it makes absolutely no difference. It is who you are that counts and making peace with the different facets of your personality that allows you to be comfortable in your own skin.

As to how I would describe myself? Mentally and physically I'm male most of the time with a strong feminine side that can be dominant on occasion. I'm not one for labels as they do pigeon hole you somewhat. if i had to go for one though, I'd say Gender Fluid or Gender Malleable... It's a hard one to explain.

Any way, welcome to the forums. It's great to have you here.

DLE

Quote Originally Posted by FallenDown View Post
    Not strange at all. Plenty of strong, outgoing women out there who are into things like submission. While in their actual lives, they are forceful and competitive, something about surrendering to docility and femininity is very enticing. It's the excitement, the thrill of giving up control, losing all power, becoming dependent to another. The same feelings are involved in BDSM, adult babies, littles, hypnosis fantasies, and even rape fantasies. It is something which I enjoy quite a bit.

It's important to note that your sexual preferences and identity have little to do with who you are as a person. The fact that you like "sissification" and other commonly male attitudes, does not, in and of itself,make you have a male gender identity. If you feel you are female, and comfortable being female, in your own way, which it sounds like you are, that is all that matters.
    Absolutely on point! While FallenDown has not left me with anything to add, I do want to second what they said. The feeling of losing control is something that is enjoyed in many, many forms. It is engaged in by men, women, nonbinary boisterous, shy, average, and everything inbetween. All it says about you is that the way you achieve the euphoric feeling of losing control involves both regressing and a gender change. It does not implicitly state you are in any way feminine.

~Wyatt