Thread: halloween

Default halloween

i know it's about 4 months away from halloween but i was just thought i'd maybe share some experiences with previous halloweens. for instance, one year, my friend and i went trick or treating in my neighborhood, i was dressed up as a soldier and my friend went as a zombie, it was pretty funny. anyway, i was just wondering what some of you guys went as the previous years, and if you can even remember trick or treating at young ages. last year i went as agent smith from the matrix and this year i'm going as walter white aka heisenberg from breaking bad, breaking bad is my new favorite show, i know it just ended last year but i hadn't seen it until up about 10 days ago, i'm on the 3rd season now. anyway, let me know what you're going as this year. respond to this when you see it, thanks. and let me know if you like breaking bad.
    Last edited by Near; 21-Jul-2014 at 05:51.

I'm a big fan of Halloween, so for me it's never too early in the year for a Halloween post. I'll spend some of my free time during the entire year making stuff that I can use during Halloween. This year's projects included making a cemetery fence, making adjustments to some of my zombie mannequins, and beginning to learn how to make pneumatic props.

I'll watch horror movies year round, and can't wait until it's Halloween time so that I can go see some Haunted houses.

Yeah, I can remember lots of my costumes when I was little. I always wanted to be various scary things for Halloween. My mother always disagreed... So when I was younger, I was some of the standard things for little kids: Cowboy, Pumpkin, Indian, & some characters from cartoons.

When I was old enough to finally get my way with the costumes, I started to be things like zombies, skeletons, etc.

I still dress up, even if I'm not going out. I usually just stay at my house or go to a friends house to scare people. If I'm staying at my house, I'll invite a few family members over to bring their kids. I'll set-up a mini haunted house that the kids have to go in (that's why I build stuff during the year). But I always have to invite people. I live many miles away from the towns around me, in a very rural area. Trick-or-treaters don't come to my door unless I tell them to stop by, and then I'm either their very first stop of the night, or the very last.

Two years ago, I got a buffalo costume and went with one of my little cousins. He dressed up in an OKC Thunder NBA costume, and I went in the buffalo costume, with a jersey on top of it. I was Rumble, the mascot for the OKC Thunder. That was a fun night. I'm not a big fan of candy, and all the adults kept trying to give me candy since I was dressed up too, and they loved it so much. LOL, my little cousin chewed me out for refusing a piece of candy. I was told, "You don't EVER turn down candy. You take it and give it to me." He had lots of fun. People were dumping entire bowls of candy into his bag since we were together. We were also getting stopped for lots of pictures during the night.

I've got several costumes that I've spent quite a bit of money on, and really like to wear them. I've got a Freddy Krueger costume that I really like. It's got the glove with real metal claws, so I can "clink" them together for added effect (yes, they are dull). That costume also has a silicone full head mask. It doesn't get hot like rubber masks, and moves with your face (so when you smile, the mask smiles. You move your face, the mask moves.)

Silicone masks are the best. The look, the feel, and how well they work with your own face can't be beat. The only downside is the cost. You can't get one without spending several hundred dollars. But they do last a very long time. So when you find one you like, that's what you'll be for many years.

Last year to work I wore a Rick Grimes costume, then to a party I wore a Carl Grimes costume (They are from the Walking Dead, just in case you have ever heard of the comic or TV show.)

On Halloween night last year, I wore my new favorite costume. A Zombie. Silicone mask, Silicone gloves, and clothes that I distressed myself. I went over to a friends house, and helped hand out candy. Well, technically, he handed out candy and I hid to scare the kids and parents. I was really nice with my scares. I don't want little kids to be traumatized, so I don't try to scare them. But if you're and older kid (6+), you're mine. But even then I'm good about it. You can always tell when it goes from being a fun scare to kid freaking out. I try to never get to that point. But I will push the limits when the kids are older.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me know, if you can see both pictures. I'm not sure if I added them right. You should see two pictures.

This year I'll be going out to scare kids on Halloween as a zombie. And to a few parties I'll be wearing a Calvin costume. As in Calvin and Hobbes. I even have a stuffed hobbes to complete the look.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03545.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	21448Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	21449
    Last edited by Mattew; 20-Jul-2014 at 02:25. Reason: Moved pictures to end

Quote Originally Posted by Mattew View Post
    I'm a big fan of Halloween, so for me it's never too early in the year for a Halloween post. I'll spend some of my free time during the entire year making stuff that I can use during Halloween. This year's projects included making a cemetery fence, making adjustments to some of my zombie mannequins, and beginning to learn how to make pneumatic props.

I'll watch horror movies year round, and can't wait until it's Halloween time so that I can go see some Haunted houses.

Yeah, I can remember lots of my costumes when I was little. I always wanted to be various scary things for Halloween. My mother always disagreed... So when I was younger, I was some of the standard things for little kids: Cowboy, Pumpkin, Indian, & some characters from cartoons.

When I was old enough to finally get my way with the costumes, I started to be things like zombies, skeletons, etc.

I still dress up, even if I'm not going out. I usually just stay at my house or go to a friends house to scare people. If I'm staying at my house, I'll invite a few family members over to bring their kids. I'll set-up a mini haunted house that the kids have to go in (that's why I build stuff during the year). But I always have to invite people. I live many miles away from the towns around me, in a very rural area. Trick-or-treaters don't come to my door unless I tell them to stop by, and then I'm either their very first stop of the night, or the very last.

Two years ago, I got a buffalo costume and went with one of my little cousins. He dressed up in an OKC Thunder NBA costume, and I went in the buffalo costume, with a jersey on top of it. I was Rumble, the mascot for the OKC Thunder. That was a fun night. I'm not a big fan of candy, and all the adults kept trying to give me candy since I was dressed up too, and they loved it so much. LOL, my little cousin chewed me out for refusing a piece of candy. I was told, "You don't EVER turn down candy. You take it and give it to me." He had lots of fun. People were dumping entire bowls of candy into his bag since we were together. We were also getting stopped for lots of pictures during the night.

I've got several costumes that I've spent quite a bit of money on, and really like to wear them. I've got a Freddy Krueger costume that I really like. It's got the glove with real metal claws, so I can "clink" them together for added effect (yes, they are dull). That costume also has a silicone full head mask. It doesn't get hot like rubber masks, and moves with your face (so when you smile, the mask smiles. You move your face, the mask moves.)

Silicone masks are the best. The look, the feel, and how well they work with your own face can't be beat. The only downside is the cost. You can't get one without spending several hundred dollars. But they do last a very long time. So when you find one you like, that's what you'll be for many years.

Last year to work I wore a Rick Grimes costume, then to a party I wore a Carl Grimes costume (They are from the Walking Dead, just in case you have ever heard of the comic or TV show.)

On Halloween night last year, I wore my new favorite costume. A Zombie. Silicone mask, Silicone gloves, and clothes that I distressed myself. I went over to a friends house, and helped hand out candy. Well, technically, he handed out candy and I hid to scare the kids and parents. I was really nice with my scares. I don't want little kids to be traumatized, so I don't try to scare them. But if you're and older kid (6+), you're mine. But even then I'm good about it. You can always tell when it goes from being a fun scare to kid freaking out. I try to never get to that point. But I will push the limits when the kids are older.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me know, if you can see both pictures. I'm not sure if I added them right. You should see two pictures.

This year I'll be going out to scare kids on Halloween as a zombie. And to a few parties I'll be wearing a Calvin costume. As in Calvin and Hobbes. I even have a stuffed hobbes to complete the look.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03545.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	21448Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	21449
    lol nice costumes, haven't seen the walking dead and i have heard of oklahoma city thunder, but i don't usually watch sports other than baseball. and lol yeah i know what you're saying about the masks, when i wore a michael myers costume one halloween, the rubber mask was stinging my face. and btw I LOVE CALVIN AND HOBBS!!!! it was one of the first comics i ever read

Quote Originally Posted by love4nappies View Post
    lol nice costumes, haven't seen the walking dead and i have heard of oklahoma city thunder, but i don't usually watch sports other than baseball. and lol yeah i know what you're saying about the masks, when i wore a michael myers costume one halloween, the rubber mask was stinging my face. and btw I LOVE CALVIN AND HOBBS!!!! it was one of the first comics i ever read
    It was one of my first comics to read as a kid too. I got the complete collection a couple of years ago. But yeah, rubber masks aren't fun. They get hot and sweaty. After I got my first silicone one, I've never looked back at the others. If you get a chance, take a look at CFX Composite Effects, or Immortal Masks. Those are the two companies that I've bought from so far. I've been very happy with them. But like I said, brace yourself for the price tag that comes with them.