Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite computer brands

Default Favorite computer brands

So we have a lot of pc support here and quite a few custom builds so I'm curious what is the favored brands among us. I'm not going to bother with a poll because there are WAY TOO MANY brands to cover the poll would be a mile long so just post your favorites.

I love my ASUS components the ROG series of components are amazing
    A close second would be EVGA. Love their cards and I have yet to have a problem with their psu yet
    Corsair is also one of my favorite s though they are a bit basic nothing flashy their cases are functional but too dull for me to use

And recently I have become fond of G.Skill for their RAM sticks. I only bought the G.Skill ram because ASUS highly recommended it for their board and honestly don't have a single complaint

Asus - Mobo, all my new builds have been with asus. They just work.
    MSI - Mobo/Graphic cards, i'm a big fan of the frozr series graphic cards.
    Corsair - Cases, ram, psu, I like their big cases. I haven't tried dominator ram because it's so expensive. Their psu's are ok.
    G.Skill - ram, pretty good ram.
    Western Digital - velocirapter or wd black hdd, wd black editions are my favorite so far.
    Samsung - ssd, So far seems to be the best.
    Sea Sonic - psu, if you can get the 80 plus PLATINUM Certified psu's on sale, they are quite nice.
    Coolermaster - cases, Most builds i've exclusively used Coolermaster HAF cases.
    XFX - Graphics cards, I used to use them. Black edition support is top class. They wrote me custom drivers back then.

Quote Originally Posted by lilaznboy View Post
    Asus - Mobo, all my new builds have been with asus. They just work.
    MSI - Mobo/Graphic cards, i'm a big fan of the frozr series graphic cards.
    Corsair - Cases, ram, psu, I like their big cases. I haven't tried dominator ram because it's so expensive. Their psu's are ok.
    G.Skill - ram, pretty good ram.
    Western Digital - velocirapter or wd black hdd, wd black editions are my favorite so far.
    Samsung - ssd, So far seems to be the best.
    Sea Sonic - psu, if you can get the 80 plus PLATINUM Certified psu's on sale, they are quite nice.
    Coolermaster - cases, Most builds i've exclusively used Coolermaster HAF cases.
    XFX - Graphics cards, I used to use them. Black edition support is top class. They wrote me custom drivers back then.
    I like ASUS mobo. Corsair PSU is good - Their 1200w PSU powers my video coolers nicely while the generic PSU Dell shipped me (also 1200w) would crap out when the video cards got warm and spun up the coolers.

I find most brands are full of duds and winners.

I tend to like Asus for motherboards and Corsair for PSU (my last 3 builds have used something from the AX series), Intel for CPU, and Highpoint for raid just because I've had consistently good experiences with them. Everything else I tend to go off reviews/price/features.

Brands I avoid are seagate (after the whole bad batch fiasco I still don't trust them) and LG (seems like everything I've bought from them falls apart).

Highpoint RAID is nice. In my server I have two highpoint chipsets: the one on the mobo running RAID-1 for the OS and apps and then a similar chipset on a SATA RAID card running RAID-5 for data.

Quote Originally Posted by perlFerret View Post
    Highpoint RAID is nice. In my server I have two highpoint chipsets: the one on the mobo running RAID-1 for the OS and apps and then a similar chipset on a SATA RAID card running RAID-5 for data.
    My server's running with a Highpoint 3530 card which I've been really happy with. Supports 12 drives and has it's own ethernet port/web management page so you don't need to install any drivers or anything to admin it, and performance is fantastic. In the past I've used their lower end cards and also had a great experience (both in performance and "just works". Desktop and other boxes I just use software raid.

Sweet!! Sounds expensive tho. I wanted a reasonably reliable server for minimal cost. Mine's been 4 years without downtime.

I don't do system building any more so my votes are for Lenovo laptops and HP servers, because ILO is magic. Before they folded I liked BFGtech graphics cards and Intel motherboards were always reliable, except for the 820. I also use Crucial as my preferred memory supplier and Enermax or Corsair for power supplies.