Thread: sourcing Gary products in the UK

Default sourcing Gary products in the UK

has anybody found a UK distributor currently selling Gary Manufaturing products?
    i'm not surprised if they haven't:

Initial order value for new distributors is $1000.00.
    All distributors must maintain a minimum of $12,000 in annual sales to keep distributorship current.
    other than that, any comparable alternatives?

Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post
    has anybody found a UK distributor currently selling Gary Manufaturing products?
    i'm not surprised if they haven't:

other than that, any comparable alternatives?
    Just out of curiosity, why would you need a distributor in the UK (or anywhere outside the US) these days?
    You can order from any of the places that have their products (like llmedico) ... and have it shipped.
    It would be most likely cheaper than a direct UK distributor or at least not higher priced.

Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why would you need a distributor in the UK (or anywhere outside the US) these days?
    You can order from any of the places that have their products (like llmedico) ... and have it shipped.
    It would be most likely cheaper than a direct UK distributor or at least not higher priced.
    LLmedico works out costlier (not to mention that they don't stock my preferred styles); but it's the potential associated hassle of import duties, which may also nullify any bulk-buying gains. the tax laws seem a bit sketchy and open to interpretation, and with the Royal Mail undergoing the process of being killed-off, the instability of the situation doesn't inspire confidence for taking 'gambles' with their interpretation of import duty law.

i've bought from China before, but their low prices justify the gamble as any imposed taxes are offset by the low cost.

Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post
    LLmedico works out costlier (not to mention that they don't stock my preferred styles); but it's the potential associated hassle of import duties, which may also nullify any bulk-buying gains. the tax laws seem a bit sketchy and open to interpretation, and with the Royal Mail undergoing the process of being killed-off, the instability of the situation doesn't inspire confidence for taking 'gambles' with their interpretation of import duty law.

i've bought from China before, but their low prices justify the gamble as any imposed taxes are offset by the low cost.
    Well I can not argue with this...
    The royal main, I remember them to be a pain in the arse at times.

The only thing I could add... is FORWARDING SERVICES...
    I have one in the US - basically it's a company who acts as an intermediary service but designates me my own "US Address"..
    They also allow to combine shipments, handle tax forms, etc... really handy and if you're a bit smart about the way you use them - cheaper overall than having the US company handle everything.