Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does this agitate you too?

Question Does this agitate you too?

Ok picture this; Your looking for reviews on a diaper on some abdl websites, and to judge how much a diaper holds they say,"Oh it holds about two wettings." Like I don't know about you but that agitates me so much. Like what is that a measurement of.

We don't know how much you drank. We don't know how much your bladder holds. That isn't a valid measurement of how to judge a diaper. It basically leaves you without learning any new knowledge at all.

Comment below on how you feel about this.

It means nothing to me either. How big were their wettings, how many ounces? How many seconds did it last? How many cups?

I can do a bunch of wettings in a diaper before it leaks because they were little ones.

GAH yes can't stand "wettings" as some sort of measurement.

I get it where someone is taking notes for themselves use whatever measure you want but if it is going to be helpful we should get a "dry diaper weighed xxx" & "diaper just over capacity (first sign of leakage) weighed xxxx" with some kind of additional usage info like "diaper worn for x number hours, was used while mobile/lying down/sitting and was / was not flooded."

Totaly agree with you on this one. When I am wearing I wet as urine is produced so I could wet dozens of times, or only one if I have am extremely full bladder.

your'e right. it is not an accurate measure. i read into it as an aproximate measure of capacity. i assume the measure to be a full bladder voiding x number of times before a leak. i believe it to be sufficient to give an aproximate idea of capacity. an exact measure of capacity nor an approximation would give me sufficient information on how many times my bladder could fill and then void before it leaks simply because i do not know the volume of my bladder

I find it useful, just not exact. I mean, sure, I don't know if my wetting is the same amount of fluid as somebody else's wetting, but it still ballparks it. If somebody says a diaper can only hold one wetting because it's cheap or poor quality, that tells me that I might need to be careful of leaks. Whether I'll actually leak in that diaper after one wetting, or after two or three, who knows, depends how full my bladder is and I'd have to measure the liquid. But compare that to Bellisimo reviews where people say that it can easily take 3-5 wettings and you at least know that even if you flood the diaper with a full bladder, it's not going to leak.

So, it's annoying because it's not exact, but it ballparks it. And, honestly, given that the exact fluid measurements aren't always right and other features like the leakguards and stability of the tapes can also influence how much you can put in a diaper, I don't think it's all that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieRoni View Post
    I find it useful, just not exact. I mean, sure, I don't know if my wetting is the same amount of fluid as somebody else's wetting, but it still ballparks it. If somebody says a diaper can only hold one wetting because it's cheap or poor quality, that tells me that I might need to be careful of leaks. Whether I'll actually leak in that diaper after one wetting, or after two or three, who knows, depends how full my bladder is and I'd have to measure the liquid. But compare that to Bellisimo reviews where people say that it can easily take 3-5 wettings and you at least know that even if you flood the diaper with a full bladder, it's not going to leak.

So, it's annoying because it's not exact, but it ballparks it. And, honestly, given that the exact fluid measurements aren't always right and other features like the leakguards and stability of the tapes can also influence how much you can put in a diaper, I don't think it's all that bad.
    No offense but the problem with this is that this makes it become extremely biased. Like when people talk about abu diapers and they say it can easily hold 10 wettings, and they are only peeing like .00001 of a ounce every time they wet.

Also everyone is too different to use that as a estimate. You might on average pee like 4 ounces while some other guy unloads 45 ounces into his pamps like a dam broke open.

*Mini rant*
    Also by the way abu diapers do not hold that much. I wish people would stop lying to others about that to try and give them a incentive to buy them. Now if they prefer cuteness over performance that is a different story ,but stop trying to force people who prefer performance over looks to buy them. That should be based on their own decision.

I prefer accurate capacity measurements, but who wants to waste a diaper by putting measured water in it? Maybe my cloth because I could just pop in dryer and be good to go, but that would do you no good because I use layers that are home made. I did find that the Gerber baby birds eye one's I bought at Walmart hold about 1/3-1/2 cup each, but that was by how much I could wring out of one, not how much I could soak into one.
    Fascinating

I tend to flood my diapers
    so my 2 wettings would be a bigger volume then somebody elses 2 wettings

Quote Originally Posted by kratox View Post
    Ok picture this; Your looking for reviews on a diaper on some abdl websites, and to judge how much a diaper holds they say,"Oh it holds about two wettings." Like I don't know about you but that agitates me so much. Like what is that a measurement of.

We don't know how much you drank. We don't know how much your bladder holds. That isn't a valid measurement of how to judge a diaper. It basically leaves you without learning any new knowledge at all.

Comment below on how you feel about this.
    Personally? No... doesn't "agitate" me to any degree.

Diaper Reviews? about as useful as a box of frogs.
    Why? The needs of people are very different, body shapes, reasons for the diaper need / use, way it is being used, bladder capacity, IC issues, etc etc etc...
    So a review can only give you a basic idea of the basic aspects... like how is it made, what features does it have,...
    But even stuff how well the tapes stick depend so much on how you put them on and how you move, what you choose to wear on top, how frequently you change etc...
    Same goes for capacity... whilst comparatively establishing of measurements can give you a wild guess of how the different diapers compare, it is due to anatomical and wetting differences not a useful figure.
    So last but not least, the only reliable review you will ever find is a self-made one for yourself (ie. buy the diaper and give it a try).