Thread: hi...

Default hi...

Hi, not really sure what im supposed to say...
    I suffer from mainly transient incontinence due to Crohn's disease. I have fought against my interest in nappies/diapers on and off for my whole adult life, but the two parts have conspired against me at the same time and I am trying to come to terms with it (why I thought I would join this site).
    But anyway, if your a 'relatively' normal person with advice or whatever feel free to say hi.

Hey Nick...lol... You know most of us are 'relatively' normal, what ever that means. I guess It means that for most of us, life is generally like most people....we just share some unique qualities which I suppose many 'so called normal people) would find peculiar. I'm sure you'll find many nice helpful people with some pretty good advice.
    I'm sorry to hear about your battle with crohn's ... Though I can't help there may be others that can. With regard to your attraction to diapers, if that's a long term issue then perhaps you should. begin to embrace it. There are some here who are IC but also DL I'm sure they could talk to you about any conflict between the two.

So welcome anyway, good to see another Aussie. I hope you find what you're looking for.

Haha, yes normality is a quite a relative term. I have looked through a few different sites (ranging from abdl through to just plain I/c) and between all the posts from normal people there is always some internet troll/whackjob who ruins the party, thats all I meant by the comment. Cheers for the welcome.

Nick85,

Great to have you on the site. We work hard to keep this a very safe space. Occasionally, some troll thinks that it would be fun to join and they get booted out very quickly by the Safety Moderators. If you see anything that you regard as inappropriate, just hit the report button and it will be dealt with promptly.

I was very nervous about my "interests" when I joined this site as I work in a professional setting and outwardly consider myself to be "normal" whatever that may be. Despite that, these "interests" have been rattling around inside my head on and off for 30 to 35 years. Joining this site was a big step for me and seems to be a big step for a good number of our members. You will find that people are kind, considerate and non-judgemental. That said there can be some quite vigourous debates at times when it is warranted.

We really do focus on being a support site. Have a good look around the archive and you will get a good idea of some of the questions that have been asked. That said, feel free to ask any question that you need answered and we will do our very best. If you head over to the incontinence forum there will be a good number of IC members who will be able to help you out. As to being a DL, do not worry about it, we come in all shapes, sizes and professions. Most of us lead and "normal" life once we have learnt to balance these "interests" with our "normal" life.

I hope that you feel at home and safe on these forums.

DLE

Thanks for the kind words, sissyDLE.

Quote Originally Posted by nick85 View Post
    Hi, not really sure what im supposed to say...
    I suffer from mainly transient incontinence due to Crohn's disease. I have fought against my interest in nappies/diapers on and off for my whole adult life, but the two parts have conspired against me at the same time and I am trying to come to terms with it (why I thought I would join this site).
    But anyway, if your a 'relatively' normal person with advice or whatever feel free to say hi.
    I've done the same; and although you've got 5 years on me, I've already given up trying to bother fighting it. I don't believe it's a choice; even though we've barely a clue why, it's still embedded within us. Understandably, you have come to it from a different perspective, and no doubt have questions... so on that note; welcome to your new/potential second home ... because that's what this site is to many, where home no.1 maybe isn't a place for diapers because it seems 'out of the ordinary' to the outsider

Anyway, speaking of normal, would be grand if you could expand on the elements of your life that we don't already know about - the bits that DO make you individual from the rest of us... i.e. your 'other' interests & hobbies; what sports you're into; your taste in music... your background, basically :-)

Share as much or as little as you want - but it does just help build up a more recognisable image of you as an individual, in a sea of DLs, ABs and whatnot

Happy posting,

D.

Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    I've done the same; and although you've got 5 years on me, I've already given up trying to bother fighting it. I don't believe it's a choice; even though we've barely a clue why, it's still embedded within us. Understandably, you have come to it from a different perspective, and no doubt have questions... so on that note; welcome to your new/potential second home ... because that's what this site is to many, where home no.1 maybe isn't a place for diapers because it seems 'out of the ordinary' to the outsider

Anyway, speaking of normal, would be grand if you could expand on the elements of your life that we don't already know about - the bits that DO make you individual from the rest of us... i.e. your 'other' interests & hobbies; what sports you're into; your taste in music... your background, basically :-)

Share as much or as little as you want - but it does just help build up a more recognisable image of you as an individual, in a sea of DLs, ABs and whatnot

Happy posting,

D.
    Thanks dash.
    Well here goes...
    I'm a nursing student, which I love. I ride motorbikes, and love tattoos.... into most sports (cricket/f1/football(soccer) but particularly rugby union (go the Warratahs/Wallabies! ). Love metal but specifically industrial metal(nine inch nails etc) but like other music too.
    That describe me sufficiently??

Quote Originally Posted by nick85 View Post
    Thanks dash.
    Well here goes...
    I'm a nursing student, which I love. I ride motorbikes, and love tattoos.... into most sports (cricket/f1/football(soccer) but particularly rugby union (go the Warratahs/Wallabies! ). Love metal but specifically industrial metal(nine inch nails etc) but like other music too.
    That describe me sufficiently??
    Absolutely! You're into F1, rugby and NIN; that's good enough for me! Welcome aboard